Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Millwall Watch

Comments

• Beam back entrance fee £8
  • Does anyone know if Kim Grant will be fit in time?
  • Do you have to prove how hard you are before you support millwall?

Are we in fact their filter?
  • Do you have to prove how hard you are before you support millwall?

Are we in fact their filter?

Nerd filter ;-)
  • Yep, Definitely no nerds follow the lions
  • edited March 2015
    Very well turned out, for a c*nt...
  • edited March 2015
    You have to admire the restraint of the old bill sometimes - you can just tell every fire of that bobby's being is urging him to twat the turtle-necked tosser with that side arm of his.
  • Surprised the fashion police didn't arrest him first
  • Sponsored links:

• Is that you in the photo MillwallFan? You did say you went to Rotherham? You and your friends must have had a lovely time up there? Plenty of police to hold you back?? Just as well eh as you hard Millwall fans really would have given it to those Yorkshire boys otherwise. They had it coming to them as they did erm....hmmm...watch their team win a football match??? If only there had been some bricks to throw on the way out of the ground....
  • Was it true about the balloon MF ?
  • Don't shoot the messenger. Just some West Ham fans having banter no doubt.

• Here is the official top 15 league attendances, please remember we don't send coaches down to Kent.

1. Oldham: 18,510 (300) League One 2001
    2. Charlton: 18,013 (3,394) Championship 2012
    3. Gillingham: 17,929 (3,513) League One 2001
    4. Charlton: 17,632 (2,996) League One 2010
    5. Swindon: 17,083 (2,196) League One 2010
    6. Wolves: 17,058 (2,618) Championship 2002
    7. Grimsby: 17,004 (631) Championship 2001
    8. Crystal Palace: 16,779 (2,129) Championship 1994
    9. Leeds United: 16,724 (2,191) Championship 2011
    10. Crystal Palace: 16,630 (1,631) Championship 2001
    11. Leeds United: 16,205 (2,171) Championship 2014
    12. Crystal Palace: 16,170 (2,129) Championship 2011
    13. Charlton: 16,102 (2,431) Championship 2014
    14. West Ham United: 16,078 (1,883) Championship 2011
    15. Rotherham United: 16,015 (1,409) League One 2001

Play-offs:
    1. Derby County: 16,470 (1,451) Championship 1994
    2. Birmingham City 16,319 (1,800) Championship 2002
    3. Huddersfield Town: 15,463 (1,286) League One 2010
    4. Wigan Athletic: 14,091 (592) League One 2000
    5. Leeds United: 13,228 (991) League One 2009

All the other Charlton Athletic fixtures at the ‘new’ Den:
    1. 13,320 Championship 1993/94
    2. 11,350 Championship 1995/96
    3. 9,508 Championship 1994/95

• I saw an empty coach in Maidstone last weekend. Thought it was one of yours ?
  • Don't shoot the messenger. Just some West Ham fans having banter no doubt.

Fair enough. Not very funny though was it. That lot aren't renowned for their humour though.

• Interesting that 4 of our top 5 league attendances came in L1 and not the championship.
  • How poor was our attendance v you lot in 94/95!
  • Sponsored links:

• kafka said:

At least we agree on one thing then. L1 is where you belong

I think most Millwall fans would agree.

We don't pretend to be a "Massive" club but our 12 thousand die hard fans can make a ground sound like it has 30 thousand, we can create something you will never be able to do "Atmosphere".

My Dad, Grandad & Uncle are Charlton, The rest of us are Millwall & even they love coming to us for the way we make a noise, We are one of-if not the best away day in the football league (especially this season!!!)

Also with regards to our restrictions, you only have to look at our recent visits to Wembley where its more relaxed to see we do have the fan base but the police & club have made that so difficult that many won't come back.

Granted you get a few day tripper's (You'll know all about that though) but I'm pretty sure we still hold the record for the highest attendance from 1 club at BOTH the old & new Wembley.
  • seth plum said:

Big day out at Wembley against Wigan, this young Millwall fan is being inducted into what it all means.

You just prove that both clubs have "Plums" as supporters.

• We all care about the rivalry and the result matters to us both. But whereas you can detect real spite and hate from some of the Charlton on here towards Millwall, you can never detect that from a Millwall fan about Charlton.

There's the difference.

I don't understand how any knowledgeable Charlton fan can disagree with this, because it is the truth.
    Charlton fans hate Millwall, but Millwall fans don't hate Charlton.
    Millwall hate W Ham, Chelsea, Spurs, Leeds, Man C, Cardiff, Birmingham etc (& Palace because they are mouthy twats.)

Millwall are our closest football rivals, but that is not their main interest. Their main interest is in hooliganism and always will be and that is why Millwall don't hate Charlton.

It's very simple.
    Then why do they seem to want to kick our heads in when we play each other? Or do they want to give everyone a kicking?
  • edited March 2015
    JMP said:

Here is the official top 15 league attendances, please remember we don't send coaches down to Kent.

1. blah
    Play-offs:
    1. more blah

All the other Charlton Athletic fixtures at the ‘new’ Den:
    1. blah

Thanks for the info JMP. We are at a disadvantage of course to Millwall as all your transport to and from the ground is provided for by Group4 under government contract.

The Valley Express scheme was/is a success in that it provided a means of access to games and still does for Charlton Supporters in Kent that was subsidised by the club and was convenient to families. The fact that it still exists in its current form after the dross that has been served up on and off the pitch down at the Valley most of the time continues to amaze me.

Now I would say that Millwall have just as many of this "moved away" support (not those currently incarcerated on Sheppy or in Maidstone of course) in Kent but have neither had the nouse or inclination to run such a scheme themselves. That shows more about your club and ours than any attendance figures, which you admit stand no comparison to Charlton's over the years and to be honest bore me too (sorry Oohar).

• To get the thread back on track, I've been looking at the remaining fixtures and I'm a little sad to have to admit that I think that even if we win at The Den next Friday, Millwall will still manage to stay above Blackpool.
  • 12,000 die hard fans ? You 'avin a larf ?

Discuss

• Interesting that 4 of our top 5 league attendances came in L1 and not the championship.

It's not that interesting though is it? I mean, Millwall are a third division club. Most of their records would be in the third division wouldn't they?
  • Davo55 said:

We all care about the rivalry and the result matters to us both. But whereas you can detect real spite and hate from some of the Charlton on here towards Millwall, you can never detect that from a Millwall fan about Charlton.

There's the difference.

I don't understand how any knowledgeable Charlton fan can disagree with this, because it is the truth.
    Charlton fans hate Millwall, but Millwall fans don't hate Charlton.
    Millwall hate W Ham, Chelsea, Spurs, Leeds, Man C, Cardiff, Birmingham etc (& Palace because they are mouthy twats.)

Millwall are our closest football rivals, but that is not their main interest. Their main interest is in hooliganism and always will be and that is why Millwall don't hate Charlton.

It's very simple.
    Then why do they seem to want to kick our heads in when we play each other? Or do they want to give everyone a kicking?
    You answered your own question. They want to give everyone a kicking. My Millwall mate told me about them giving Yeovil fans a pasting a few years back. Yeovil ffs.
    But although they hate everyone, they hate us less than most.
  • edited March 2015
    JMP said:

kafka said:

At least we agree on one thing then. L1 is where you belong

I think most Millwall fans would agree.

We don't pretend to be a "Massive" club but our 12 thousand die hard fans can make a ground sound like it has 30 thousand, we can create something you will never be able to do "Atmosphere".

My Dad, Grandad & Uncle are Charlton, The rest of us are Millwall & even they love coming to us for the way we make a noise, We are one of-if not the best away day in the football league (especially this season!!!)

Also with regards to our restrictions, you only have to look at our recent visits to Wembley where its more relaxed to see we do have the fan base but the police & club have made that so difficult that many won't come back.

Granted you get a few day tripper's (You'll know all about that though) but I'm pretty sure we still hold the record for the highest attendance from 1 club at BOTH the old & new Wembley.
    When you smashed us 4-0 the den was rocking and it was one of the best home atmosphere's I've experienced in a long time, and it wasn't artificial/palace. However, the other games which were pretty dull had atmosphere's you would get at any other ground in similar circumstances.

To say Charlton fans like coming to the Den for the atmosphere you make is a bit far fetched, likewise best aways! If we were to do the unthinkable I don't imagine the atmosphere will be enjoyable for us!