Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Millwall Watch

Comments

• We're a bigger draw to them than West Ham.

They can go on about restricted sales but when you can take 40k to Wembley you have enough fans who aren't affected by the restrictions.

Charge your phone
    Makes a change from charging the ob.
  • kafka said:

At least we agree on one thing then. L1 is where you belong

Yeah, a club of our size, with our crowds is about L1 level. So what? You do get different sized clubs you know. Man U regularly get 75k. Down the road in Rochdale they struggle to get 4 or 5. I know who's fans I respect more.
  • kafka said:

Yeah, a club of our size, with our crowds is about L1 level. So what? You do get different sized clubs you know. Man U regularly get 75k. Down the road in Rochdale they struggle to get 4 or 5. I know who's fans I respect more.
    Do you think you will survive in L1?
    Owner has splashed a lot of cash trying to make you competitive in the Championship.
    Your crowds are dwindling.
    etc
  • edited March 2015

kafka said:

Do you think you will survive in L1?
    Owner has splashed a lot of cash trying to make you competitive in the Championship.
    Your crowds are dwindling.
    etc
    We'll be fine in league one. As I said, get rid of the deadwood, get rid of the Loan players, and we've got the nucleus of a half decent L1 team there. We've got a couple of home grown youngsters currently on loan to L1 and L2 teams and they're scoring goals for fun. In fact, once the loanees and deadwood have gone we should have 5 or 6 home grown youngsters in our starting line up, and that's always a joy to see.
    And our crowds will stop dwindling, and probably even improve. Doing well in L1 is much more appealing than struggling in the championship. Especially 4 years of struggling. It's getting boring. Look at that list of our 10 biggest home gates, much more of them have come in L1 than the championship.
    Apart from 2 or 3 occasions I've had most of my best Millwall experiences in the third tier.
  • I have seen CAFC beat Chelsea,West ham and Spurs more than Millwall and Palace.
    That's the reason i guess that we are obsessed with trying to beat the Spanners and Nigels. There's no logic to why we are so piss poor when we play these teams,
    The players are different yet the results are always the same ?
    The last two games at the den have been 0-0 and both teams have been weak.
    i feel both teams will score, and could be a bishop 2-2.
    The reason so many Millwall turn up for this game home or away ? it's the one game they don't lose ? or is that to obvious an answer.

I have family and friends who are both Spanners and Nigels so my pain and humiliation over the years is shocking and i will have to go missing if we mess it up again.
  • You know German fans don't care for the English. Doesn't really affect the English sense of a rivalry at all.

Not being able to sell out for West Ham as it's members only yet able to get members only home tickets at Charlton, mmm...

• I couldn't give a fuck if you hate us, pity us, or thumb your own bum over us...the fact is that I, we, all Charlton fans will always despise Millwall for the two bob shit stain of a football club you are.
    The only reason we see the point in your existence is because you quite handily act as a c*nt filter for our support.

Couldn't have put it better myself
    C**t per fan ratio unequalled anywhere in football
  • The top 15 league gates at The Den. seems we are more obsessed with Crystal Palace!!

1. Oldham: 18,510 (300) League One 2001
    2. Charlton: 18,013 (3,394) Championship 2012
    3. Gillingham: 17,929 (3,513) League One 2001
    4. Charlton: 17,632 (2,996) League One 2010
    5. Swindon: 17,083 (2,196) League One 2010
    6. Wolves: 17,058 (2,618) Championship 2002
    7. Grimsby: 17,004 (631) Championship 2001
    8. Crystal Palace: 16,779 (2,129) Championship 1994
    9. Leeds United: 16,724 (2,191) Championship 2011
    10. Crystal Palace: 16,630 (1,631) Championship 2001
    11. Crystal Palace: 16,630 (1,631) Championship 2001
    12. Crystal Palace: 16,170 (2,129) Championship 2011
    13. Charlton: 16,102 (2,431) Championship 2014
    14. West Ham United: 16,078 (1,883) Championship 2011
    15. Rotherham United: 16,015 (1,409) League One 2001
    Play-offs:
    1. Derby County: 16,470 (1,451) Championship 1994
    2. Birmingham City 16,319 (1,800) Championship 2002
    3. Huddersfield Town: 15,463 (1,286) League One 2010
    4. Wigan Athletic: 14,091 (592) League One 2000
    5. Leeds United: 13,228 (991) League One 2009
    All the other Charlton Athletic fixtures at the ‘new’ Den:
    1. 13,320 Championship 1993/94
    2. 11,350 Championship 1995/96
    3. 9,508 Championship 1994/95
    Source: http://www.millwall-history.org.uk/Millwall-Stats.htm
  • They must have been offering free entry or bags of blow for the Oldham match. Very strange.
  • 10th and 11th on your list appear to be the same match
  • Sponsored links:

• The Oldham match was the last match of the season, and they won the league that day.
  • IA said:

10th and 11th on your list appear to be the same match

Not my list, snagged it off their fan forum. Cut and paste isn't that idiot proof. Hmmm!
  • Uboat said:

I never did get the Millwall obsession with Oldham.

Must be an 'Athletic' thing. Still, the way they're heading in a couple of years time their biggest match will be against Carshalton.
  • You know German fans don't care for the English. Doesn't really affect the English sense of a rivalry at all.

Not being able to sell out for West Ham as it's members only yet able to get members only home tickets at Charlton, mmm...

How could we sell out v west ham when it's 1 ticket per ST holder or member and we have more seats available than we have ST holders or members??
    Also, west ham you go with your mates, that's it, Charlton is a derby you can take your kids and missus to, it's that sort of game. And you don't have to bother getting them all signed up as members. It doesn't mean west ham mean less to us because we get smaller crowds v them, quite the opposite.

• edited March 2015

The top 15 league gates at The Den. seems we are more obsessed with Crystal Palace!!

1. Oldham: 18,510 (300) League One 2001
    2. Charlton: 18,013 (3,394) Championship 2012
    3. Gillingham: 17,929 (3,513) League One 2001
    4. Charlton: 17,632 (2,996) League One 2010
    5. Swindon: 17,083 (2,196) League One 2010
    6. Wolves: 17,058 (2,618) Championship 2002
    7. Grimsby: 17,004 (631) Championship 2001
    8. Crystal Palace: 16,779 (2,129) Championship 1994
    9. Leeds United: 16,724 (2,191) Championship 2011
    10. Crystal Palace: 16,630 (1,631) Championship 2001
    11. Crystal Palace: 16,630 (1,631) Championship 2001
    12. Crystal Palace: 16,170 (2,129) Championship 2011
    13. Charlton: 16,102 (2,431) Championship 2014
    14. West Ham United: 16,078 (1,883) Championship 2011
    15. Rotherham United: 16,015 (1,409) League One 2001
    Play-offs:
    1. Derby County: 16,470 (1,451) Championship 1994
    2. Birmingham City 16,319 (1,800) Championship 2002
    3. Huddersfield Town: 15,463 (1,286) League One 2010
    4. Wigan Athletic: 14,091 (592) League One 2000
    5. Leeds United: 13,228 (991) League One 2009
    All the other Charlton Athletic fixtures at the ‘new’ Den:
    1. 13,320 Championship 1993/94
    2. 11,350 Championship 1995/96
    3. 9,508 Championship 1994/95
    Source: http://www.millwall-history.org.uk/Millwall-Stats.htm

If you look at how many Millwall fans turned up for their so called 'cup final' v charlton (by deducting the away crowd) quite a few teams finish above charlton in that list.
    The home crowds v palace are more or less the same as they are v charlton, it's just charlton tend to bring more to us than palace so that bumps the crowd up.
  • That's because Palace are two bob, you should know that. We will sell out the majority of our London away games, not just at Millwall.

• Also, west ham you go with your mates, that's it, Charlton is a derby you can take your kids and missus to, it's that sort of game.

And that's the difference , you can take your kids and missus to our fixture because we haven't got as many idiots as yourselves or West Ham looking for agg
    But our home numbers are reduced because plenty of punters don't want the agg of the scum fucktards
    I mean the ticketless scum chumps wandering around our ground for our first home fixture against you in ages (4-4 I think) a few days before Christmas when it was below freezing is a prime example of your bells giving it the big one
    I mean seriously who'd try and bunk in to a game like that unless it meant a lot to them
    Very odd behaviour for a match that doesn't , in your opinions mean that much
    And they weren't families bunking in !
  • millllllllllllllll not won in nine so 'nailed on' to get something out of our game.
  • JMP said:

sammy391 said:

JMP said:

Oggy Red said:

It all depends if our players turn up and want to play.

If they do, Millwall will struggle to live with us.

But there again, it's their Cup Final and last chance saloon.
    A few of their Wembley supporters may even turn up.

Says the bloke posting on the 12th page of a thread about MILLWALL on a Charlton forum !!

Always our cup final.... Yeah right.

Says the bloke posting on the 12th page of a thread about millwall on a CHARLTON forum!!
    I often take a browse through Charlton life, best place for all the latest Millwall gossip.

It's just strange why you are so obsessed with us?

Why would it be our cup final when we have fuck all to prove against you?

Regardless if you beat us on good Friday, the truth of it is you'll still have a poor record against us.

I know what it is.... You all just want to say "We beat the biggest small club in the world" !

poor record, more like shocking record.
  • Port Vale play in Burslem. Port Vale is one of the few English league clubs not to be named after a distinct geographical location. The name Port Vale exists on maps pre–dating the formation of the club, which probably occurred in 1879,[3] and is a reference to a valley of ports on the Trent and Mersey Canal, associated with the city's pottery industry.

Always thought they were the only club.
  • Sponsored links:

• That's because Palace are two bob, you should know that. We will sell out the majority of our London away games, not just at Millwall.

Yeah same. We sold out at brentford the weekend despite looking nailed on for relegation and expecting a hiding. Palace once bought under a thousand to ours.

• Also, west ham you go with your mates, that's it, Charlton is a derby you can take your kids and missus to, it's that sort of game.

And that's the difference , you can take your kids and missus to our fixture because we haven't got as many idiots as yourselves or West Ham looking for agg
    But our home numbers are reduced because plenty of punters don't want the agg of the scum fucktards
    I mean the ticketless scum chumps wandering around our ground for our first home fixture against you in ages (4-4 I think) a few days before Christmas when it was below freezing is a prime example of your bells giving it the big one
    I mean seriously who'd try and bunk in to a game like that unless it meant a lot to them
    Probably because as you say it was our first game at yours in ages. I've seen our fans trying to bunk in at dagenham! We had a few in the home end at brentford on Saturday.
    Look, if it makes you feel better you ARE our rivals, we hate you with a passion, and we prey that we beat you on Good Friday. Does that feel better? Jeez.
  • Port Vale play in Burslem. Port Vale is one of the few English league clubs not to be named after a distinct geographical location. The name Port Vale exists on maps pre–dating the formation of the club, which probably occurred in 1879,[3] and is a reference to a valley of ports on the Trent and Mersey Canal, associated with the city's pottery industry.

Always thought they were the only club.
    Might be wrong but don't think there's a tranmere. As a place I mean.
  • IA said:

Can one of the Millwall fans confirm if they are looking forward to buying a commemorative relegation watch?

Genuinely looking forward to relegation now. It's been absolutely shit in the championship for us this time around, struggling every season. I think if we pull off a miracle and stay up, another season of struggle could do a lot of damage to us as a club and our fan base. Drop down a league, re group, strip the deadwood, start scoring a few goals, and maybe even winning a few games! Get that old Millwall feel back to the place. We're a biggish league one side but a small championship side, that's why our cycle involves flipping between the two leagues, it's normal for us. We won't be devastated and we don't believe we belong in the top flight like you lot, far from it.
    Will be good to get back to some old school grounds and clubs too. Someone mentioned port vale? Been there, great little ground. A few I haven't done too, burton, Rochdale, fleetwood, and hopefully Shrewsbury, so will be ticking them off the list next season. I was at Rotherham, we got relegated there. I've accepted it now and just looking forward to next season now.
    Who are you trying to convince us or yourself? Div 1 is a graveyard, I was so happy to get out of that League.
  • They are not relegated yet.
  • Morning millwall fan.

Some shocking away figures from palace in that chart.

Probably because as you say it was our first game at yours in ages. I've seen our fans trying to bunk in at dagenham! We had a few in the home end at brentford on Saturday.
    Look, if it makes you feel better you ARE our rivals, we hate you with a passion, and we prey that we beat you on Good Friday. Does that feel better? Jeez.
    *pray
  • This thread makes it pretty clear.

We all care about the rivalry and the result matters to us both. But whereas you can detect real spite and hate from some of the Charlton on here towards Millwall, you can never detect that from a Millwall fan about Charlton.

There's the difference.

In fact, I'm almost warming to the idea of Charlton winning just so some of you cheer up a bit!

Yeah but most fans in the country hate Millwall, don't you remember your own song!
  • This thread makes it pretty clear.

We all care about the rivalry and the result matters to us both. But whereas you can detect real spite and hate from some of the Charlton on here towards Millwall, you can never detect that from a Millwall fan about Charlton.

There's the difference.

In fact, I'm almost warming to the idea of Charlton winning just so some of you cheer up a bit!

What a load of rubbish. I know some Millwall fans and they can't wait to put one over on Charlton. It has become a cliche to say they don't care about us. If by some freak Charlton beat Millwall, I think you will see how little Millwall care about us.