Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Millwall Watch

Comments

• Yeah - you are closer to the mark. Probably should have said that I like that video as an example of nutty fans rather than passion!
  • If Millwall had made Harris manager 3 months ago they would still be in the Championship now. They would have won more home game under Harris to just make it. A shocker to appoint Holloway who said he was mentally shattered just weeks before being appointed. Make ex Palace managers your boss at your peril (they come with too much baggage)
    As i said about Iain Dowie, If Football was Rocket Science he would still be a manager !
  • Isn't Millwall's wage bill bigger than ours ? It's a little bit of a cop out to say they can't compete in The Championship.

Granted, it's very difficult, but with better management etc ......
  • "Fight before Belgrade Derby between Delije ultras and police"

I've just looked up that video on YouTube - christ, they make a day out at Millwall look like the teddy bears' picnic.
  • If Millwall had made Harris manager 3 months ago they would still be in the Championship now. They would have won more home game under Harris to just make it. A shocker to appoint Holloway who said he was mentally shattered just weeks before being appointed. Make ex Palace managers your boss at your peril (they come with too much baggage)
    As i said about Iain Dowie, If Football was Rocket Science he would still be a manager !

Holloway has had a really mixed managerial career, when you consider his success at Plymouth, complete failure at Leicester, success at Blackpool, weird end at Palace and failure at Millwall, it's hard to see where he goes next
  • aliwibble said:

Have just included Reading in my treble tonight so that it will not happen and Rotherham will win.

Thanks for your sacrifice roseandcrown. Hope it wasn't too expensive.

worth every penny.

• down, down deeper and down .. but can we beat 'em .. can we f**k .. ((:>)
  • edited April 2015
    cafctom said:

"Fight before Belgrade Derby between Delije ultras and police"

I've just looked up that video on YouTube - christ, they make a day out at Millwall look like the teddy bears' picnic.

My son took that from the most expensive part of the ground ? £6 a ticket.
    Where the ultras go is £3. But the wages in Serbia are very low now every since the war. (Russia is like their Big Brother and Serbia will always back Putin)
    The strange thing is the Serbs all kiss and make up when they have trouble with the Albanians, Croatians etc.

• Sponsored links:

• I didn't mind L1 all that much TBH. A bit embarrassing being beaten by teams from towns with a population less than the capacity of our ground, but otherwise I loved grounds like Exeter and Yeovil.

Yep me too, but Stevenage's toilets took some beating!

• Jackett was Millwalls Curbs. Over achieved and when he left the chairman gave too much money to his successor Lomas just like we did to Dowie. They are paying the price for the over inflated wages they signed their average ageing players on. Our Millwall correspondents will know who got silly money. I wonder how much Bailey for example is getting ?

Total rebuilding of the squad required so what Berylson does next will determine how long it will take Millwall to return. But return they will I have no doubt.
  • edited April 2015
    The paradox is their young lions who i saw beat us at Sparrows lane this season will get their opportunity and they will get rid of the dead wood.
    that's about 90% of the rest. Their wage bill was higher than our's this season which makes you think.
    Perhaps they should have a network of club to choose from ?
    How about Hyde, Barry Town united and Montrose to start with ?
  • Ridiculous. You should have ordered a takeaway chili chow mein just before you left and used it as a defensive weapon following the "going down" comment. Rookie error.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited April 2015
    Not sad that they are going down, but not laughing either. They have more 'idiots' than most clubs - but some decent fans too. As someone born and bred in South London - I've grown up around Charlton, Millwall and Palace fans. Have always loved the local derbies - even when we lose (makes winning is that much sweeter). When the fixtures are announced I always look for the first game, last game, then when we play Millwall (or Palace of old) then boxing day! Don't get to many away games - but Millwall was always top of the list. Have always thought derby game atmospheres are the best - now there won't be one next year.
  • Lee Gregory anyone? Can't be on huge wages in first full time gig. Nine goals not bad in a poor side, often on his own upfront. Likely to get better.
  • edited April 2015
    Nicky Bailey did the walk of sham.
    But who was the last player to come from the den to the Valley.
    RIP Harry Cripps, but who else have tried to cleanse their soul and come over to the good side ?
  • edited April 2015

RIP Harry Cripps, but who else have tried to cleanse their soul and come over to the good side ?

Nicky Johns, Phil Walker?
    The bloke we had on loan, scored on his debut from the side line, Danny ?
  • edited April 2015

Dany N'Guessan

Special mention also to Ben Thatcher

• Ha ha ha, on the train back from cannon street, bloke got on at London bridge and saw someone he knew who is standing next to me, beer in his hand, suited up but looks a wreck, his mate who is next to me " blimey what's wrong with you?" Answer " what is wrong is my fffing football team that got fffing relegated last night...." At this I let out a little laugh... His mate " oh I don't really follow football, didn't Millwall used to be in the same league as Gillingham years ago"
    " yeh and now we are in the same fffing league again".

Think I might make a comment as I get off!

Yeah, let us know how it turns out.

About 10 years ago me & my mates were having a Chinese meal in Chislehurst.

I noticed that on the large table next to us was Keith Stevens (manager), Kenny Cunningham, Andy Roberts, Ben Thatcher & Mark Kennedy, all had partners there. I think Stevens was the manager and the others had all left by then.

We discussed whether we should say something or not. Basically the discussion was if we were Millwall, you know they definitely would, but we're Charlton so we should rise above & behave.

Anyway, we finished our meal & were leaving the upstairs dining area (Chinese next to the Queens Head ).

As we walked past them, my mate says, "good luck for the rest of the season."

They say "thanks very much, really appreciate that".

My mate says. " well you''ll need it cos you're going down".

We walked out and they came tearing down/out after us.

They demanded an apology for ruining their evening and we refused.

We stood there, neither side backing down.

Eventually, their better halves came out and they went off in taxis.

Thatcher, Roberts were and Stevens were livid and I really thought they were going to throw the first punch.

It would have been worth it to see it all in The Sunday Papers.

Happy days then and now.

Very well told CE, I think they had just lost 3-0 away at Wrexham or somewhere like that. I do remember that Kennedy and Cunningham were standing back, not getting involved and it was the usual suspects looking for a row. It was just a bit of polite sarcasm.

Up there with my Eltham Greyhound experience, although involving no players. Christmas or New Years Eve circa early 90s, at the back of the pub a group of us (all Charlton) had one of the booths at the back. The next booth had younger Millwall kids it, and they put a Millwall scarf up.

Still learning what a ***** of ***** they are, I put my Charlton scarf up as well (it was cold outside). Soon after, a few bits were flying over the top of the booths. Followed by my scarf being set alight. All banter, but it was getting a little hostile, although the oldest member was trying to calm the younger feral members.

Suddenly, as my mate (who had just become a copper) went down the couple of steps at the back, one of the kids raised a bottle and it was just about to come down on my mates head when I put my hand out to stop him, pointing out that he didn't want to do that and also he's a copper.

The older chap had a word with him also, to be fair. Shortly after and thinking it was a good idea we moved away. So did they, to another booth.

Needless to say, in under an hour it was all kicking off with others next to them.

My Grandad supported Millwall but I have no time for them at all.

• cafc-west said:

Not sad that they are going down, but not laughing either. They have more 'idiots' than most clubs - but some decent fans too. As someone born and bred in South London - I've grown up around Charlton, Millwall and Palace fans. Have always loved the local derbies - even when we lose (makes winning is that much sweeter). When the fixtures are announced I always look for the first game, last game, then when we play Millwall (or Palace of old) then boxing day! Don't get to many away games - but Millwall was always top of the list. Have always thought derby game atmospheres are the best - now there won't be one next year.

Think derby will miss out on promotion actually! ;)
  • Lee Gregory anyone? Can't be on huge wages in first full time gig. Nine goals not bad in a poor side, often on his own upfront. Likely to get better.

No thanks. He's absolute shite.
  • I see Gregory as being a fundamental part of their team next year. Doubt he's on big wages, young and had a decent ish season.

In any case I would hope we are looking to do better than him.
  • Nicky Bailey did the walk of sham.

Dany N'Guessan

Special mention also to Ben Thatcher

John Sullivan came from them too. Not sure if he actually made any appearances for them though.