Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Millwall Watch

Comments

• Just as a matter of interest, if we want Charlton to improve next season, why are we even considering players (Delort, Gregory) who have played for teams that have just been relegated?
  • edited April 2015

Just as a matter of interest, if we want Charlton to improve next season, why are we even considering players (Delort, Gregory) who have played for teams that have just been relegated?

I don't think anyone has mentioned Gregory apart from Harveys Gardner.
  • Just as a matter of interest, if we want Charlton to improve next season, why are we even considering players (Delort, Gregory) who have played for teams that have just been relegated?

Yeah because that time when Middlesbrough signed Lee Tomlin from relegated Peterborough was a really bad idea (among a host of other examples)...
  • Darren Bent from Ipswich.
  • Lee Gregory anyone? Can't be on huge wages in first full time gig. Nine goals not bad in a poor side, often on his own upfront. Likely to get better.

Hasn't got the bottle

Every team has the odd gem in it even if they did go down. It was one of Curbs' top strategies to do this when we were in The Premier League and the likes of Matt Holland (and many more) turned out to be excellent signings.
  • Nicky Bailey did the walk of sham.
    But who was the last player to come from the den to the Valley.
    RIP Harry Cripps, but who else have tried to cleanse their soul and come over to the good side ?

Millwall favourite Eamon Dunphy came to Charlton at the end of his career - he wasn’t very good for us. I remember him (mostly) for two things (1) taking Keith Peacock out at the old Den as he was about to score (it was outrageous). (2) Appearing on a TV play where he consoles a young player who didn’t make the grade. He told him it might be worse … ‘he could have been playing for Charlton.

He was however quite a personality on and off the pitch - something he has developed into a successful media career in Ireland.
  • how about we take Bailey , Fuller and Taylor Fletcher ? Let's all laugh at smallwank.
    However. Upson and O'Brien have been their best players with Nelson improving all the time according to my spies.
  • In today's Metro.
  • JiMMy 85 said:

In today's Metro.

Shows how thick Evans is and Gregory said "hopefully Rotherham will bottle it", not that they will bottle it.
  • Sponsored links:

• It's alright Sparrows, we all know it was West Ham...
  • JiMMy 85 said:

In today's Metro.

Shows how thick Evans is and Gregory said "hopefully Rotherham will bottle it", not that they will bottle it.
    That's the problem when people can't keep quiet , what they say can be misunderstood and thankfully Gregorys sentiments were , poor thing
  • JiMMy 85 said:

In today's Metro.

I think both of them are as thick as each other
  • I don't care how thick either of them are; one's down and the other's up that's all that counts! :-D
  • Hope our west spam friends decide to fly a plane with a banner over Wolverhampton on Saturday. That would be a nice touch.
  • JiMMy 85 said:

In today's Metro.

From the News Shopper:
    He said: “I don’t think we will get relegated. I think we will pull out of it, I really do...

So a clear implication that Gregory thought Rotherham WOULD bottle it. Ok it was only mind games, but it invited Evans' response IMO
  • Nicky Bailey did the walk of sham.
    But who was the last player to come from the den to the Valley.
    RIP Harry Cripps, but who else have tried to cleanse their soul and come over to the good side ?

Nicky Johns, Phil Walker?
    The bloke we had on loan, scored on his debut from the side line, Danny ?
    Dany N'Guessan

Special mention also to Ben Thatcher

Alan McLeary, came to us in 93 to replace Webster and was immediately made Captain
  • Abandon ship
  • So Nicky Johns win's by a mile. (Millwall to CAFC)
    Can't see any present Millwall,Blackpool or Wigan players that are better than what we have.

• Sponsored links:

• I don't feel any sympathy for Millwall fans at their relegation.
    But I'm quite stunned at some of the posts on here. Some genuinely cringeworthy posts.
    Some of our fans are desperate to have a rivalry. They can't accept that maybe we don't have rivals. Maybe we're a bit better than that. And maybe it just don't matter either way.
    Ask yourself this....would Millwall have a thread with this many posts if we'd gone down?? Nope.
  • Valley11 said:

I don't feel any sympathy for Millwall fans at their relegation.
    But I'm quite stunned at some of the posts on here. Some genuinely cringeworthy posts.
    Some of our fans are desperate to have a rivalry. They can't accept that maybe we don't have rivals. Maybe we're a bit better than that. And maybe it just don't matter either way.
    Ask yourself this....would Millwall have a thread with this many posts if we'd gone down?? Nope.

And I don't care...
  • Valley11 said:

Depends... Are Millwall fans able to use computers?
  • Valley11 said:

Millwall wouldn't even have had a thread with this many posts if they'd gone up. They'd be too busy giving it large on the streets throwing beer cans at old ladies.
  • Valley11 said:

Depends... Are Millwall fans able to use computers?
    Of course, The House of Fun even issues special keyboards for quicker posting...

• edited April 2015
    Valley11 said:

No one has shown any sympathy to Millwall fans On their demise.
    97% have been orgasmic that Millwall have gone down.
    3% of us are just gutted that our pain at not beating them again go's on,
    But they have gone down and with the help of a good therapist i will recover
    and the recurring nightmare of Chris Solly's hands going up will fade.
    If a club that is 4 miles away from you isn't a rival then who is ?
    Millwall and West Ham must be our rivals.
    Crystal Palace are 10 miles away and not even in London (greater London maybe)

On my way back to South Croydon on Tuesday after the Addick meeting.
    A young West ham fan was going ape and a old lady who was a palace fan said
    the bad boys are now two divisions below us.

I don't think any one likes them.

• Bromley will soon be their rivals. No sympathy from me. I've seen us beat them 3 times so I'm not bothered by that issue.