Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

RUMOURs - Shiny and new - Spring/Summer 2014

Comments

• Id take 400k to 500k for Harriott all day overated doesnt produce the goods often enough to warrant a price tag over 500k.
  • 300k on transfermarket.com

Brighton will just look at that site and know how much he is worth : - )
  • Brighton did just get 8 million for Ulloa, so might be willing to splash the cash, if he was going I'm sure RD would exploit this and drive a hard bargain.
  • Agreed with others, Harriott is not worth 2/3 million but i would hope it would take an offer like that for him to be sold by us, as we have no reason to sell as he is still contracted for another two seasons.

Why cash in unless it is for crazy money, we might aswell keep him and see if Bob can make his play more consistent.
  • No one is saying he is worth £3m. Just what we could potentially con someone for.
    If Stewart Downing is worth 20 million then Harriott is worth at least 3.

Thank you
  • Does anyone acutely think we will get this guy from PSG? I think he will get first team football there as he seems to be doing well pre season.

It would be a real coupe if we got him.
  • CHARL7ON said:

Does anyone acutely think we will get this guy from PSG? I think he will get first team football there as he seems to be doing well pre season.

In a word... no.
  • I know i reckon we were close at one stage especially as there were unconfirmed reports he was at one of our games on tour. But now he is playing well he will either stay at PSG or is attracting other clubs now. Really think if we got him we would have a serious goal machine.
  • Where has this Harriott rumour actually come from?
  • Sponsored links:

• I don't think it's so much about how much we could get for Callum, as how much we would have to spend for a good alternative. Bahebek will be loads more. J Be Gud looks likely to start on the right so i don't think we have good cover.
  • Apparently Bojan has signed for Stoke!!!
  • I think he's worth 48 billion euros.
  • Apparently Bojan has signed for Stoke!!!

Unfortunately he couldn't deal with his success at such a young age, he's a shadow of the player he was or even could have been.
  • edited July 2014
    Chris Woods to Wolves?

Kenny Jackett would prefer to bring permanent additions into Wolverhampton Wanderers but has not ruled out landing a striker on loan. Leicester City’s Chris Wood and Chelsea’s Patrick Bamford are reported to be on his wish list
  • Bamford would be a great signing for any Championship club.
  • Was Blair Turgott part of the unbelievable cup run that Bradford had?

He was involved, mainly coming on as a sub, but yes he was involved in that cup run.
  • Let's not forget much of Callum's inconsistency was down to playing out of position. Brentford paid a reputed £1m for the winger from Os with only L1 experience. A similar fee with add ons seems reasonable.
  • Have no idea why but i personally feel this rumour might have some legs on it. Seems like Callum's had a productive day with his agent today, not sure what about mind
  • Harriott isn't even worth £500k, too inconsistent, no real end product. Lots of pace but not much else in my opinion. Flashes of brilliance but to become a half decent player he needs that consistency, which I hope comes.
  • Sponsored links:

• Sterling wasn't consistent in the world cup either how much is he worth?

No wingers are consistent always hit and miss
  • Bojan and bardsley in the same team wtf
  • Young winger, struggling team, chaos around the club. Hardly surprising he wasn't "consistent enough " in his first full season as a first team regular.
  • Let's not forget much of Callum's inconsistency was down to playing out of position. Brentford paid a reputed £1m for the winger from Os with only L1 experience. A similar fee with add ons seems reasonable.

No, I disagree. Callum was given the number 11 shirt and played as our left winger at the start of the season and was poor from the get-go. He was then dropped when we switched to 3-5-2 and then came back into the squad at LM when we switched back. Being switched to the right happened later, mostly to cover our weakness there and try and get him playing again. I'd love to let him off by saying where he was played killed him but really he had a great chance last season and didn't take it. Hopefully with some competition for the role and a fresh new squad he'll show what he can do this year.
  • Our friends on Into The Valley have listed this rumour :

http://intothevalley.proboards.com/thread/16396/dric-bakambu

I think we were linked with him in January also.
  • Where has this Harriott rumour actually come from?

his agent probably
  • CHARL7ON said:

Does anyone acutely think we will get this guy from PSG? I think he will get first team football there as he seems to be doing well pre season.

Not a cat in hells chance.
  • Greenie said:

CHARL7ON said:

Not a cat in hells chance.
    Agree that it seems completely unlikely. However the only glimmer of hope is that he and or his agent see the Championship as a better shop window to attract the mega bucks offer that will come from attracting the attention of a premiership team. Still pretty slim though.

• Agree, more chance of signing Billy the Fish. Shame, a step up in class signings wise.
  • Just looked at the ITTV link above .... blimey this site is so much better in appearance and discussions etc !
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!