Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

RUMOURs - Shiny and new - Spring/Summer 2014

Comments

• Troy Deeney very good player but not worth what they're asking. The sad thing is that someone will pay it. Until clubs agree to refuse paying such fees it'll keep on happening.
  • Troy Deeney very good player but not worth what they're asking. The sad thing is that someone will pay it. Until clubs agree to refuse paying such fees it'll keep on happening.

Spot on, Also managers will continue to look at foreign talent while such premiums are built in for English players and the national team will continue to face problems.
    also spot on !

• In the prem clubs have monopoly money just given to them so they can blow it on average players like Deeney (who indeed played very well against us last season). In the Champs clubs are at long last having to live within their means, or at least try to. Not many champs clubs are actually buying players this year. I wonder if this will change a bit towards the end of the transfer window?
  • Cahill would never play for one of our rivals.

http://youtu.be/rrDIckl4cJY
  • "Nigel Pearson is hoping to further bolster his ranks at Leicester City and says he has no intention of letting anyone leave, with Andy King and Chris Wood among those linked with moves elsewhere."
  • Just seen Smallwall are trying to get Cahill back on loan

would be a good signing for them, proved at the World Cup he can still perform at a high standard

But he was at Millwall the same time as BP, maybe they remained friends and he will come to us on loan instead
    Seem to remember seeing an interview with Cahill, where he said he has a tattoo of every club he's played for and vowed to never play for any of their rivals during his career.
    Didn't Cahill once almost sign for Palace, though? Tango Man kiboshed it when he learnt about his agent's fee. So he *almost* played for a rival of a former team.

• I thought Cahill nearly joined us from Millwall before Everton came in?
  • Ben18 said:

I thought Cahill nearly joined us from Millwall before Everton came in?

According to Curbs' book he met with Cahill alone and then Murray met with Cahill alone... Everton then came in an nabbed him from under our noses, had Curbs and Murray met him together from the off we wouldn't have had an issue getting him apparently
  • colin1961 said:

Yes and a cock up by curbs we missed out ... We agreed a deal but then we buggered of on tour and Curbs left the deal to be completed when we returned instead of getting the chairman or club sec to conclude the deal while he was away but then curbs throught he run the club

That sentence contradicts itself.
  • Sponsored links:

• From what I remember the decision to go north wasnt Mr Cahills. ;)
  • Brilliant Gif

• T.C.E said:

From what I remember the decision to go north wasnt Mr Cahills. ;)

He went to Everton, not Brighton ;-)
  • T.C.E said:

Correct...Mrs Cahill had a big say in which part of the country Timmy went to and it wasn't going to be anywhere in SELondon

• _MrDick said:

T.C.E said:

Correct...Mrs Cahill had a big say in which part of the country Timmy went to and it wasn't going to be anywhere in SELondon

Friends with Mrs Murphy?
  • _MrDick said:

T.C.E said:

I thought it was something to do with gambling debts he had to get away from

• It was because he was banging a girl in the offices at Millwall and Mrs Cahill decided to take him away from that situation.

Allegedly, although true.
  • It was because he was banging a girl in the offices at Millwall and Mrs Cahill decided to take him away from that situation.

Allegedly, although true.

Was she the one that work in the ticket office at The Valley for a while before that?
    If so, a cracking bit of stuff.
  • Sponsored links:

• cfgs said:

I wonder if Cahill celebrates a good shag in the same way he does a goal? Would be expensive on the fixtures and fittings.

I'm confused! How many girls have a corner flag he can try his left/right/left combination on?? ;)
  • Languishing on page 2.

RIP the rumours thread.
  • Languishing on page 2.

RIP the rumours thread.

hmm last 2 pages are rumours about Tim Cahills not so private life !

• edited July 2014
    All gone quiet recently. Think we might be done, for now.
  • Isnt a rumour but ex-Charlton Defender.. Matt Taylor has joined Cheltenham Town on a Free this afternoon
  • cafckev said:

Isnt a rumour but ex-Charlton Defender.. Matt Taylor has joined Cheltenham Town on a Free this afternoon

I always thought we got rid of the wrong defender when we let him go and kept Morrison. Not that i dislike him, its just i believed that Taylor was the better defender.

SCP only let him go because he was assured there was money to get bigger and better players and it wouldn't be fair to Matt. That then all went tits up and it was too late. I was actually playing golf with Matt Taylor on the day his release was announced. That was awkward!

• I liked Matt Taylor - thought he would of done better than Cheltenham
  • Matt Taylor had a back problems that is why he did not play as much as he should have. deffo the better out of him and Morrison (not knocking Morro) but was a bit of an injury prone defender
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!