Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

RUMOURs - Shiny and new - Spring/Summer 2014

Comments

• I don't get the Parker hatred, yes it was very disappointing when he left, but we got an enormous fee for him, when you look at the joke fee we'll get for Poyet. The sale of Shelvey was far worse, we sold him before the end of the season, at a time when we could still have got promotion from L1.
    It was obvious Parker was going to leave in January, we had all month to buy a replacement but we didn't, that was the waste.

The only difference is that Parker was central to the team and Shelvey (who should have been) was deemed 'too good' to be in our first XI by Parkinson.
  • I don't get the Parker hatred, yes it was very disappointing when he left, but we got an enormous fee for him, when you look at the joke fee we'll get for Poyet. The sale of Shelvey was far worse, we sold him before the end of the season, at a time when we could still have got promotion from L1.
    It was obvious Parker was going to leave in January, we had all month to buy a replacement but we didn't, that was the waste.

The only difference is that Parker was central to the team and Shelvey (who should have been) was deemed 'too good' to be in our first XI by Parkinson.
    'Too good to risk getting injured and losing out on a transfer fee as we don't have a pot to piss in'
  • Couple of sources in France stating Bahebeck likely to be on his way soon as PSG have Di Maria in the bag

One seems close to the club and thinks it likely
    There is even an article entitled why Bahebeck must leave PSG (I think it's more about the level of players ahead of him.

Though I saw one thing online that stated they wanted €25m for him and would replace him with someone worth €5m.

I think there is an article stating they rejected our offer of €2.25m. Would be gutted if he goes somewhere for €3m and we just wouldn't stump up that little extra.
  • Swisdom said:

Couple of sources in France stating Bahebeck likely to be on his way soon as PSG have Di Maria in the bag

There is even an article entitled why Bahebeck must leave PSG (I think it's more about the level of players ahead of him.

Though I saw one thing online that stated they wanted €25m for him and would replace him with someone worth €5m.

I think there is an article stating they rejected our offer of €2.25m. Would be gutted if he goes somewhere for €3m and we just wouldn't stump up that little extra.

I would be mightily impressed (and surprised) if we signed Bahebeck for 3 mill. There must be other clubs with a higher profile than Charlton who would be eager for his signature.
  • Swisdom said:

Couple of sources in France stating Bahebeck likely to be on his way soon as PSG have Di Maria in the bag

I would be mightily impressed (and surprised) if we signed Bahebeck for 3 mill. There must be other clubs with a higher profile than Charlton who would be eager for his signature.
    If he tears up the championship he'd be worth triple that. Would be a real statement of intent from Roland and big bob.

As for Parker I wouldn't mind either way. As an 11 year old who played in central midfield for my school/club I absolutely idolised Scotty and I've never been as gutted or as angry when he left. It made me lose interest in the game for a couple of years as I was a lot better and interested in the more "loyal" game of cricket.

If he was to finish his career here it would be nice and I believe he could still do a job, almost being a technically better andy Hughes role. It would also add to the philosophy of playing "local lads" peeters has talked about.
  • Hope we do get Bahebeck.. Think we definitely have enough strength on the two wings with Harriot/Moussa/Jackson on the left and Wilson/Gudmondsson on the right, but on Wiki it says he began his career as a striker and has regularly been a consistent goalscorer.. Would be a versatile player to strengthen the forward line.
  • Parker and bahebeck. Please, champions come may.
  • Dislike him but just a young lad chasing a dream, not like he done something cruel. Think the saddest part is that he ruined his own career in a way. I know he's rolling in it probably but he doesn't carry the reputation he could have had.

I doubt he'll join but if he did and got us promoted then all would be forgiven.
  • I suspect that nothing much will happen until Reza's situation has been sorted.

If the fee we expected doesn't now materialise then there could be a hole in the budget.

Still think he'll be off.
  • Sponsored links:

• I'd like to see Reza gone (looked good in the World Cup but very average for us) and then we snap Darius Henderson up!
    Can be very good on his day and it appears Orient are after him, think he'd could do a job in this league.
  • What happened to the Eidur Gudjonnson rumour which surfaced a couple of weeks ago ? Could he play a Di Canio / Fuller type role for us ? Peeters signed him previously.

I think he is out of contract with Club Bruges and certainly wasn't listed in their team for the opening weekend.
  • Zzzzzzzzz...

Oh, two signings coming pretty soon :-) One will be our number 8 and the other very close to that number...

Third is wanted I believe too, but I only know of these 2..

Number 7 - Bahebeck?
  • Richard J said:

What happened to the Eidur Gudjonnson rumour which surfaced a couple of weeks ago ? Could he play a Di Canio / Fuller type role for us ? Peeters signed him previously.

I think he is out of contract with Club Bruges and certainly wasn't listed in their team for the opening weekend.

I'll find out from the guy who told me this. As I said before he usually is spot on when he does tell me something.
  • Reckon Gudmundsson will get 7.
  • I'd have thought Cousins would be our number 8 with Jackson as number 4 (although Buyens could be given either number...)
  • Zzzzzzzzz...

Oh, two signings coming pretty soon :-) One will be our number 8 and the other very close to that number...

Third is wanted I believe too, but I only know of these 2..

Interesting,
    Do you think before the end of the week , British or from standard liege ?
  • Doesn't Buyens favour 17? You'd have thought Cousins would get it too but maybe he likes his 24?

Seen Harriott wearing 8 a couple of times in pre season...
  • Numbers have already been decided... Rezas not took number 8 so it's going to be took by new signing if all goes through
  • Omgggggg is it Scott Parker?????
  • Sponsored links:

• Darren Ambrose maybe?
  • Omgggggg is it Scott Parker?????

Surely if he come back he would get back his No.7 shirt?
  • Numbers have already been decided... Rezas not took number 8 so it's going to be took by new signing if all goes through

Oh you are such a tease Athletico! Can you at least tell us whether this signing is UK based or not?

Matt Holland?! He never officially retired and we never officially said he had left?

Oh you are such a tease Athletico! Can you at least tell us whether this signing is UK based or not?
    I wish I could.. they are quite exciting, hopefully revealed this week. Something to look forward to! I normally do give the names away early but no can do this time :-(
  • If it was Scott Parker I would forgive him and cheer his name.....as soon as he returned us to 4th in the PL which is where we were when he left.

My dream has always been to see CAFC in a competitive European game abroad with the 4 of us that go regularly - that was the one season it seemed like a realistic opportunity.
  • edited July 2014

Numbers have already been decided... Rezas not took number 8 so it's going to be took by new signing if all goes through

I wish I could.. they are quite exciting, hopefully revealed this week. Something to look forward to! I normally do give the names away early but no can do this time :-(
    Why cant you tell us the names then?
  • Cafc rumours on twitter says parjer isnt happening:-(

Why cant you tell us the names then?
    'cos it's a secret
  • Who is Cafc rumours? should he not be on this thread? and who does Parjer play for?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!