Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

RUMOURs - Shiny and new - Spring/Summer 2014

Comments

• Jobi Mcanuff has joined Orient, good signing for them in my view.
  • Isnt a rumour but ex-Charlton Defender.. Matt Taylor has joined Cheltenham Town on a Free this afternoon

I really rated Matt. Top bloke. Wish him well with his new club.
  • Richard J said:

Jobi Mcanuff has joined Orient, good signing for them in my view.

More than just good IMHO
  • Isnt a rumour but ex-Charlton Defender.. Matt Taylor has joined Cheltenham Town on a Free this afternoon

A good player for us, but never going to be realistically be a long term Championship level player. 2011/12 will I guess be the highlight of his career
  • Did someone say highlight?
  • I have it on good authority that Spurs are about to squander 56 million quid on two players called Soldado and Lamela apparently .......oh .......hang on a minute !
  • ashley said:

I have it on good authority that Spurs are about to squander 56 million quid on two players called Soldado and Lamela apparently .......oh .......hang on a minute !

I think Lamela will come good this season...
  • ashley said:

I have it on good authority that Spurs are about to squander 56 million quid on two players called Soldado and Lamela apparently .......oh .......hang on a minute !

This

• SCP only let him go because he was assured there was money to get bigger and better players and it wouldn't be fair to Matt. That then all went tits up and it was too late. I was actually playing golf with Matt Taylor on the day his release was announced. That was awkward!

I hate "name-droppers" 0):
  • All Matt Taylor and who Tim Cahill has shagged. Disappointing that there are no substantial rumours or prospects with some key strengthening still needed.
  • Sponsored links:

• Richard J said:

More than just good IMHO
    Dunno what it is about this player but for years people have been claiming he is an amazing player. Don't really get it.
  • Richard J said:

More than just good IMHO
    Dunno what it is about this player but for years people have been claiming he is an amazing player. Don't really get it.

My point would be that for L1 he could be amazing and is a decent replacement for Moses.

I had feared for the O's thinking maybe they had reached a ceiling last season . Slade has done well in the context of L1 signing 2 Keepers Ledgkins and Woods ,so he will now have decent competition for the gloves and the 3 outfield signings Lowry, McAnuff and Pritchard all have a proven track record.

• ashley said:

This
    Not this
  • "Prem quartet chasing Jenkinson" - sadly, all loan only, so no dosh for us.
  • ashley said:

ashley said:

This
    Not this
    Not this
  • ashley said:

ashley said:

This
    Not this
    Not this
    Move on.
  • Another day with no rumours.
  • vff said:

Another day with no rumours.

David Beckham is having an affair with Cheryl Cole

you never said it had to be football related
    or remotely true
  • If we don't have any rumours soon we are going straight down to D1...
  • Sponsored links:

• Someone just messaged me to ask if I could confirm that Scott Parker is joining ???? I have no idea was my reply closely followed up by he has been seen at Sparrows !!!! Is this a wind up or or am I missing something ?
  • Someone just messaged me to ask if I could confirm that Scott Parker is joining ???? I have no idea was my reply closely followed up by he has been seen at Sparrows !!!! Is this a wind up or or am I missing something ?

I saw it on twitter but only from an individual. Someone may have picked it up from there?

I have no idea on how true it is, would be a great addition though imo.
  • craigcafc said:

Someone just messaged me to ask if I could confirm that Scott Parker is joining ???? I have no idea was my reply closely followed up by he has been seen at Sparrows !!!! Is this a wind up or or am I missing something ?

I saw it on twitter but only from an individual. Someone may have picked it up from there?

I have no idea on how true it is, would be a great addition though imo.
    Mmm. Person who contacted me is not a twitter type of person. Can't see it myself.

• #clutching@rumours
  • Saw this rumour about an hour ago but it's probably just another Chris Wood situation. Someone mentions Scott Parker and all of a sudden he's at the training ground. He didn't play in Fulham's last friendly though.
  • The Parker rumour was floating around a few weeks ago.
  • I would find it painful if he returned, he was unbelievably good when he was first with us. Seeing him again in a CAFC shirt again would remind me of what we lost and how injuries (and time) have robbed him of what he once took for granted.
  • edited July 2014
    I'm not sure how i'd feel on this one
  • Can't see it at all, but he is the best player I've ever seen in a charlton shirt. When he left I was of the age where I was more gutted he wasn't going to play for us anymore more than I was annoyed by how his departure was handled.

On the pitch, we've got a few players with experience but Parker has been there and done it more so than any of the others. I'm sure he would be a massive positive influence on the likes of Jordan Cousins.

I'd welcome him back but as I said, i can't see it happening.
  • Can't see it personally , I am also not sure if he would be the type of player we need. If he moves on from Fulham I could see him joining Harry at QPR.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!