Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

RUMOURs - Shiny and new - Spring/Summer 2014

Comments

• So now we know.
  • Good, pleased he is staying, although some fans will use this as an excuse to have a go at him, since it appears he almost left.
  • Richard Cawley ‏@RichCawleySLP 2m

Reza Ghoochannejhad due back at #cafc tomorrow after move to Middle East fell through.

He'll be raring to go then.

• Richard Cawley ‏@RichCawleySLP 2m

Reza Ghoochannejhad due back at #cafc tomorrow after move to Middle East fell through.

He'll be raring to go then.

Maybe he chose not to go. We don't know why it fell through.
  • Good, pleased he is staying, although some fans will use this as an excuse to have a go at him, since it appears he almost left.

And you've seen him play when exactly. Interested to know as you feel your view balances those who have seen him and knock based on evidence.
  • Does anybody know what we paid for Reza ? More importantly what would we get for him if we were to sell him.? I think he's a good player but not irreplaceable.
    By the way I like the stance Big Bob has taken with him.
  • Doubt we paid anything for reza as he came from standard. Any money we make from it would go into Roland's pocket to probably share between his clubs.
  • Doubt we paid anything for reza as he came from standard. Any money we make from it would go into Roland's pocket to probably share between his clubs.

How do you know this?

Doubt very much that this is the case. Would have thought that the clubs operate as separate business units and that there would have been an exchange money. Also money made on a future transfer would go to the club not "into Roland's pocket"
  • Sponsored links:

If Roland can run x number of clubs and pocket the profit, all I can say is can I have the number of the networks accountant

How do you know this?
    The words 'doubt' and 'probably' made this statement quite clearly his opinion rather than claiming to be fact. Are you saying people cannot post their opinion on a fans forum, and in a thread about rumours and other rubbish?

How do you know this?
    The words 'doubt' and 'probably' made this statement quite clearly his opinion rather than claiming to be fact. Are you saying people cannot post their opinion on a fans forum, and in a thread about rumours and other rubbish?
    Ok, maybe a better question would be, what is that opinion based on?
  • Just seen Smallwall are trying to get Cahill back on loan
  • From The Guardian: 'Nigel Pearson says Leicester’s spending will continue despite having a £7.5m bid for Watford’s Troy Deeney knocked back.' £7.5m for Troy Deeney. The world's gone mad.

would be a good signing for them, proved at the World Cup he can still perform at a high standard

But he was at Millwall the same time as BP, maybe they remained friends and he will come to us on loan instead

would be a good signing for them, proved at the World Cup he can still perform at a high standard

But he was at Millwall the same time as BP, maybe they remained friends and he will come to us on loan instead
    Seem to remember seeing an interview with Cahill, where he said he has a tattoo of every club he's played for and vowed to never play for any of their rivals during his career.

Seem to remember seeing an interview with Cahill, where he said he has a tattoo of every club he's played for and vowed to never play for any of their rivals during his career.
    That's OK, because Millwall don't care about us ;-) Come on Tim!
  • Sponsored links:

• 11m for McCormack
    7m for Ulloa
    7.5m for Deeney

Madness, how much would we get for an international striker likes Chruch or Reza?

I thought Deeney was the most dangerous striker I saw at the Valley last year, brilliant movement, great touch and superb efforts on goal. With all the money washing about in the PL, he'd be a good shout.
  • Nug said:

11m for McCormack
    7m for Ulloa
    7.5m for Deeney

Madness, how much would we get for an international striker likes Chruch or Reza?

I thought Deeney was the most dangerous striker I saw at the Valley last year, brilliant movement, great touch and superb efforts on goal. With all the money washing about in the PL, he'd be a good shout.
    Agreed, Deeney has more about his game than Ulloa.

Is painful to see 7.5 mill for Deeney isn't good enough but Liverpool signed Remy for 8.5 mill.
  • Deeney's a real handful in our division; strong but mobile. Have Watford done well turning that much down?
  • Paddy7 said:

Deeney's a real handful in our division; strong but mobile. Have Watford done well turning that much down?

is it that they have done well or is it that they are stupid
  • Come on Tim. You know you want to.
  • Paddy7 said:

Deeney's a real handful in our division; strong but mobile. Have Watford done well turning that much down?

Difficult to say Paulie. Will they get more? Or do they believe he might help them mount a promotion bid which would reap more benefit?

• Paddy7 said:

Paddy7 said:

Difficult to say Paulie. Will they get more? Or do they believe he might help them mount a promotion bid which would reap more benefit?

I know it could happen to anyone but what if he gets injured, or has a poor season and next season they only get offered 2 million as an example.

if you get offered 7.5 Million for a player like him IMO you take it and use that money to build up the squad for the promotion push you mentioned.

I wonder how @super_horns feels about this
  • Deeney has been consistently good since returning from ahem prison, indeed last season without his goals and play they would have finished barely above us in the table!
  • Ipswich not interested in Leroy Lita after a trial
  • Bloody hell Watford want £10 million for Deeney thats crazy, even £7.5 is too much. Decent Championship player cant see him being the type of player who would be good enough to step up a level.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!