Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

RUMOURs - Shiny and new - Spring/Summer 2014

Comments

• I did bring this up a few weeks back saying to watch his movements but it all went quite and I have not heard anything ? But who knows!
  • I really can't see this happening.
  • dickplumb said:

I really can't see this happening.

Neither can I, although I would welcome it
  • Not sure how I'd feel about this. He was class when he left but the injuries have taken their toll. That said, an experienced player like him would help the likes of Cousins and Gomez.
    Wonder what advice he'd give Gomez if a big Premier League team come calling in January?
  • As if this conversation is starting again lol . Rumour desperation
  • Valley11 said:

Not sure how I'd feel about this. He was class when he left but the injuries have taken their toll. That said, an experienced player like him would help the likes of Cousins and Gomez.
    Wonder what advice he'd give Gomez if a big Premier League team come calling in January?

Given his experiences at Chelsea and then Newcastle, hopefully he'd urge some caution!
  • Has Parker played in Fulham's pre season games? If he has then he won't be training with us.
  • ZOMGGGGGGGG a range rover with SC0 TYP just drove past Avery Hill!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! could it be?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
  • sam3110 said:

ZOMGGGGGGGG a range rover with SC0 TYP just drove past Avery Hill!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! could it be?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

No probably not.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2014
    I just heard / saw a rumour about Scott Parker at Sparrows Lane too. Oh, sorry, it was here, about 20 posts ago. Sorry. False alarm. Tch!
  • Not too sure he'd want to come back. He seemed to feel hurt by the reaction of the fans to his Chelsea move. Last rumour I heard, he was happy Spurs sent us down.
    Mind you, if he did come back, let bygones be bygones. He's a class act on the pitch.
  • He seemed hurt by the reaction of fans? What did he expect?! He behaved very poorly to get his move to Chelsea. He can poke off and count his money as far as I'm concerned.

• Mind you, if he did come back, let bygones be bygones. He's a class act on the pitch.

No he isn't - he was but now he's knackered and is a pile of useless past-it crap.
    Anyway, I don't want the scummy little turd back at the club.

• Not welcome IMO. Left under an almighty cloud.
  • edited July 2014
    He was hurt? Like f*ck he was. He was coining it and that's all that mattered to him. There is no chance, IMO, of us signing Parker. That would be totally contrary to RDs strategic approach.
  • Sponsored links:

• I don't get the Parker hatred, yes it was very disappointing when he left, but we got an enormous fee for him, when you look at the joke fee we'll get for Poyet. The sale of Shelvey was far worse, we sold him before the end of the season, at a time when we could still have got promotion from L1.
    It was obvious Parker was going to leave in January, we had all month to buy a replacement but we didn't, that was the waste.
  • I would welcome him back - Poyet far worse imo
  • I doubt very much Parker was hurt by the reaction. He applauded the fans after being booed for 90 mins playing for Newcastle.

Yes, we got £10m for him, but on the very last day of the transfer window, against our wishes. He went on strike, remember? And scuppered what would have been an historic season. And if you doubt that, remember we came 7th with Matty Holland replacing Parker. With Parker, can there be any doubt we'd've made Europe for the first time? He screwed our season to spend the rest of it in Chelsea's reserves.

Shelvey wasn't even in the first team when he left, for reasons unknown. I know he loves the club, but Charlton reserves over Liverpool?

Having ranted, I would take Parker back in a heartbeat, only on the basis that he is still a superb player. Won't happen though, not with what he's been earning for the last decade,

• Vincenzo said:

Yes, we got £10m for him

From what I remember, the amount Chelsea and Charlton agreed on was £10m, plus an additional one-year loan of Carlton Cole. But Parker had a 10% fee in his contract, which was triggered if Charlton sold him without him asking to go on the transfer list. And, as he hadn't formally requested a transfer (he'd merely thrown his toys out of the pram and unofficially demanded it), as the deal was going through, he demanded his 10%, ie £1m. Charlton (quite rightfully) refused to pay it, so Chelsea added a million to the fee.

Then, as Carlton Cole refused to come back to Charlton to complete his loan, Charlton went back to Chelsea and demanded compensation, which they got, to the tune of another £1m.
  • I can't forgive the spotty bstd, mercenary maggot, screwed us over at a time when we were actually able to push on

We may have got ten mil but he was worth double or treble that too our team

We loved that cnut proper idolised by every single fan in the ground and he shit on us big time

He could've waited he could've seen the season out but the greedy wanka left for a place on the bench

Fuk Scott parker and all that comes with him

I agree with all of this…but I'd still love him back here.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!