Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

RUMOURs - Shiny and new - Spring/Summer 2014

Comments

• I'd have thought Cousins would be our number 8 with Jackson as number 4 (although Buyens could be given either number...)

One of those is right and it's the obvious one... :)
  • Johnnie, oh Johnnie Jackson wears number four for me.
  • Johnnie, oh Johnnie Jackson wears number four for me.

I've always sung "runs round the pitch, slowly" but yours works too
  • Marcus Tudgay to return as the number 10! He is a free agent...

There was a report regarding Cedric Bakambu and Liege having a bid accepted and they were then loaning him to us. The report did say personal terms hadn't been agreed and but that was last week.so maybe things have moved forward.
  • Sorry, I must have the wrong thread, I thought this was about rumours of players we might be signing, obviously not.
  • ross1 said:

Sorry, I must have the wrong thread, I thought this was about rumours of players we might be signing, obviously not.

No, you're at the right place. What's your rumour?
  • ross1 said:

Sorry, I must have the wrong thread, I thought this was about rumours of players we might be signing, obviously not.

Got any yourself? ;-) Only literally a couple of people close to the club know these potential signings, it's guesswork for most. If I blurted out who they were it'd be pretty obvious who's let the cat out the bag...
  • ross1 said:

No, you're at the right place. What's your rumour?
    Aint that a Craig David song?
  • A cat? A bag? Thoroughly confused now.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2014

20 Shetland ponies

Don't they fail the CL height test?
  • Athletico - PM me and I'll give you my soul...
  • My guess is one of them is Sam Baldock as I've just read Bristol City have had a bid accepted for Kieran Agard
  • My guess is one of them is Sam Baldock as I've just read Bristol City have had a bid accepted for Kieran Agard

Heard hes going Leeds
  • Would love Baldock to come to us. Top scorer in League One last season and could make the step up IMHO..
  • Would love Baldock to come to us. Top scorer in League One last season and could make the step up IMHO..

Good God... Didnt realise he was Top Scorer last season... thought that was Assombalonga
  • A cat?

Is Peter Bonetti coming out of retirement?
  • So are we signing another striker?

Good God... Didnt realise he was Top Scorer last season... thought that was Assombalonga
    They were joint top with 24.. Baldock's on the last year of his contract though I think so would probably be cheaper than assombalonga who has another three years at the Posh.. Think Bristol city will want to cash in on him before he leaves (which he most likely will) next year on a free.
  • Sponsored links:

• Baldock's squad number is 9..

Which is close to 8.. Didn't Atletico say a new number 8 and a number close to it..

Which is close to 8.. Didn't Atletico say a new number 8 and a number close to it..
    Indeed he did!

It doesn't mean that the players possibly coming in are already playing as a number 8 (or close thereto) but that they will take those numbers from our squad list this coming season

Although, saying that, didn't Juan Mata have the number 8 jersey at Old Trafford last season?
  • I'm curious as to how Atletico knows this.. Has he been right in the past about rumours?
  • I'm curious as to how Atletico knows this.. Has he been right in the past about rumours?

Yeah

It doesn't mean that the players possibly coming in are already playing as a number 8 (or close thereto) but that they will take those numbers from our squad list this coming season

Although, saying that, didn't Juan Mata have the number 8 jersey at Old Trafford last season?
    That's what I'm saying..
  • Athletico still hasn't said "Its not Scott Parker".
  • Athletico still hasn't said "Its not Scott Parker".

Or Bahebeck.. Or Wood.. Can he not just tell us who it is? And/or when it's happening?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!