Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

RUMOURs - Shiny and new - Spring/Summer 2014

Comments

• Nice one aa. Keep posting even if you can't say names. You've been spot on all through the transfer window so clearly not chatting shyte.
  • ...apparently the store are already selling Baldock shirts.

Source?
    my hairy arse.
  • @CAFCrumours: ADDRESSING #CAFC RUMOURS:

Scott Parker won't be making an emotional return to the Valley.

Brighton have not bid for winger C. Harriott.

I can also confirm that we have not put in a bid for Ibrahimovic and Stoke are not interested in signing Simon Church.
  • Atletico...on a scale of 1-10 how highly do you rate the 2 players? Are you more excited about the striker or midfielder?

One you can hopefully answer without giving away any names to keep us intrigued.
  • Essex_Al said:

Not asking you name names AA, but in your opinion, if they go through, will they excite us all?

I think he a couple of pages ago that fans will be quite excited by the signings.
  • edited July 2014
    I think Vetokele will take 9 if it doesn't stay with Church, while Gudmundsson will take 7 (no inside info, just informed guesswork).

So it's either 6 or 10 to go with 8 IMO.
  • Sponsored links:

• Atletico...on a scale of 1-10 how highly do you rate the 2 players? Are you more excited about the striker or midfielder?

One you can hopefully answer without giving away any names to keep us intrigued.

For this league? Quite high, more confident if these go through than I was before I knew of them signing. Not sure r.e. the scale, whatever number I pick will be nitpicked to shreds, don't want to go too high incase they don't go through, and too low would cause pessimism. Other players asked for these 2 squad numbers and got turned down...
    I apologise if you have been around it already Atletico Addick, but have you heard anything related to when the signings might be done, if things go to plan? Thanks for your information!
  • What about 1 letter from their names per day?
  • edited July 2014
    PeterGage said:

I am going on hols tomorrow, at a place with no internet. I would like to know by mid-day tomorrow PLEASE.

Pitcairn Island?
  • edited July 2014
    Atletico is clearly in the know. He has called precious transfers right. On iously not every potential transfer goes through so even someone with the most reliable source will get it wrong sometimes.

By giving us the numbers they may well be wearing he has given us some further info. His source is clearly well linked to the club so it would be remiss of Atletico to go against that just to satisfy our impatient requests.

Must be fun for him though, seeing us all hanging in his every word.
  • Every decent rumour thread needs a 'is he in the know/ talking bollox' type of character. Take a bow Atletico.

Much better than that t**t angeldust anyway ;-)
  • Sounds like these potential signings must be going into the starting 11 if the numbers have been held back from the others. Does seem intriguing from the little that AA has given us. However, should these names not materialise for the club then could AA tell us who they would have been? So we can all moan about the club not having enough ambition : P
  • A.A has been right a lot so we can give him the benefit of the doubt - we don't want him not getting further updates. Just be patient and happy that the club are still looking to strengthen.
  • Sponsored links:

• Atletico is clearly in the know. He has called precious transfers right. On iously not every potential transfer goes through so even someone with the most reliable source will get it wrong sometimes.

By giving us the numbers they may well be wearing he has given us some further info. His source is clearly well linked to the club so it would be remiss of Atletico to go against that just to satisfy our impatient requests.

Must be fun for him though, seeing us all hanging in his every word.

I wouldn't say fun, almost setting myself up for a fall if they don't go through. But I'm a fan of good news and it can only be good news if these go through which they are more likely to than not. The Gudmundsson one I got somewhat lucky with, being best friends with one of Johann's friends in Iceland, total off chance in reality but I guess it happens when you know people.
  • Not sure if already mentioned but Bahebeck got another 2 this afternoon for PSG
  • takeover's done x
  • Banging in goals for fun.. Proving himself in pre season for them he will go somewhere bigger than Charlton if he does go..
  • edited July 2014

Every decent rumour thread needs a 'is he in the know/ talking bollox' type of character. Take a bow Atletico.

Much better than that t**t angeldust anyway ;-)

Angeldust was awful i agree, At least Atletico Addick has got things right in the past, so can be forgiven if he has these two world class players he says are about to sign wrong.
  • Incidentally, I am not about to suggest that Atletico is spreading false info (I remember 1 or 2 other occasions when he has been spot on).

But how about this as a way of proving having a credible source which will stop this back and forth in future.

Can Atletico share the names of players with 1 trusted person of his on the board (or maybe one of the mods). If we do end up signing (or even being strongly linked to) the players in the next couple of days, then having somebody being able to state "yep - those were the names I was given" would clear all of this up and mean a cleaner rumours page which no slanging matches going back and forth.

Of course Atletico, I would be more than happy to take custody of these names if you so wish :)

If anyone wants to trawl back through my posts I'm sure you can see I wouldn't be telling porkies, even as far back to January for Reza not being happy at CAFC and leaving (but that broke down to no fault of his own). A few admins/long term users I'm sure will vouch for me r.e. those posts, me telling one person would be a breach of my word, so I'll leave it to the club to release the info if and when it's done.

@Sasquatch, if things go to plan it's this week, but I've never really been good with timings as there's so many if's and buts that I can't influence, If I was placing a bet it would be early next week, may be earlier may be later. I'm sure the club are really trying to push them through, though, a lot to sort out.
    Just tell everybody LIera is signing tomorrow. They will find out then anyway.
  • Literally refreshing this thread every few minutes last two days.
  • AA could you possibly disclose the likely date that the signings will be announced at least if you can't say their names? Thanks
  • Oh sorry just saw you'd answered that in a previous comment!
  • Literally refreshing this thread every few minutes last two days.

Personally I don't find it very refreshing
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!