Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

RUMOURs - Shiny and new - Spring/Summer 2014

Comments

• Baldock and Bulot
  • Bugger. 83 new posts, excited for nothing.
  • All good things come to those who wait ;)
  • edited July 2014
    I think I know who AA is, well he could be one of three people. The following three questions will ascertain who he is.

1. Did you at one time play for the knuckle draggers? If yes you are Bob, if not move on to question two.

2. Do utter a weird grunt at least once every sentence huh? If yes you are RD, if not move on to question three.

3. Did you own a share of Who Wants To Be A Millionaire at one point? If yes you are Mr Murray, if not I haven't a Scooby.
  • How about you give us the ages of the two players?? We are no closer to knowing who they are and if or when they go through we know if you are right or not..

AA did say 8 and a number close to that. Part of Roland's youth policy.
    The other ones a shade older...
    We're re-signing Andy Gray
  • cfgs said:

I think I know who AA is, well he could be one of three people. The following three questions will ascertain who he is.

1. Did you at one time play for the knuckle draggers? If yes you are Bob, if not move on to question two.

2. Do utter a weird grunt at least once every sentence huh? If yes you are RD, if not move on to question three.

3. Did you own a share of Who Wants To Be A Millionaire at one point? If yes you are Mr Murray, if not I haven't a Scooby.

I'm definitely not RD..
    And I'm not Murray.
    I'll phone a friend for the 3rd question.. Infact I'm none of the 3. But there's only a sprinkling of people, other than the ones you've stated, who do know the names.. more so on RD's side of things.

• Can we have a letter per day saw someone mention it thought it would be good guessing
  • I'd love us to sign Baldock.
  • or just how many letters are in thier name first or last or better still both
  • Sponsored links:

• _nam11 said:

Z

Always wanted us to sign Facundo Sava.

• You only have to answer yes or no OK?
    Is it a woman?
  • Scunthorpe boss Russ Wilcox has interest in free agent Miguel Llera after the defender left Sheffield Wednesday earlier this summer.
  • I must say, I much preferred summer Rumours when they weren't Henry Irving'd... e.g kept to one thread.

I honestly have no clue who we've been linked to this Summer, because I'd have to trawl through 125 pages to find out.

When I do come in to this thread, I'm catching tail-end conversations, and if I want to find out what people are talking about, I have to try and find the source post somehow. Not everyone quotes all the time and it's frankly a nightmare, going back through pages and pages to try and spot it. For example, I've been back through five pages and I have no idea what this Atletico rumour is about.

Am I the only one who preferred it when each rumour had its own thread? It was so much easier to read and follow. And just by looking at the forum I could at least have an idea who we were linked with (by the title) and from popping in to the thread I could follow the conversation with total ease.

This Rumour 2014 thread jumbles up 200 different conversations with 80 different rumours. It's impossible to follow.

@AFKABartram and mods, could we consider going back to the clearer way?
  • cfgs said:

I'm definitely not RD..
    And I'm not Murray.
    I'll phone a friend for the 3rd question.. Infact I'm none of the 3. But there's only a sprinkling of people, other than the ones you've stated, who do know the names.. more so on RD's side of things.

Oh Katrien...you are such a tease!!! ;-)

Just noticed your avatar as well. Nice...does the gag come off when the deals are done??

Anyway...keep posting...from your previous, you are clearly something others only ever claim to be...ITK! Cheers AA.
  • edited July 2014
    Chunes said:

I must say, I much preferred summer Rumours when they weren't Henry Irving'd... e.g kept to one thread.

I honestly have no clue who we've been linked to this Summer, because I'd have to trawl through 125 pages to find out.

When I do come in to this thread, I'm catching tail-end conversations, and if I want to find out what people are talking about, I have to try and find the source post somehow. Not everyone quotes all the time and it's frankly a nightmare, going back through pages and pages to try and spot it. For example, I've been back through five pages and I have no idea what this Atletico rumour is about.

Am I the only one who preferred it when each rumour had its own thread? It was so much easier to read and follow. And just by looking at the forum I could at least have an idea who we were linked with (by the title) and from popping in to the thread I could follow the conversation with total ease.

This Rumour 2014 thread jumbles up 200 different conversations with 80 different rumours. It's impossible to follow.

@AFKABartram and mods, could we consider going back to the clearer way?

Atletico said we are looking to sign 2, 1st team players. One would wear number 8 & the other a number a shade higher. Presumably 9. The squad numbers have been left open for these 2 signings.
    He believes they would improve the team & is hopeful, they will sign this week or next.
  • Sponsored links:

• 166 posts of more drivel!
  • ross1 said:

ross1 said:

Sorry, I must have the wrong thread, I thought this was about rumours of players we might be signing, obviously not.

Got any yourself? ;-) Only literally a couple of people close to the club know these potential signings, it's guesswork for most. If I blurted out who they were it'd be pretty obvious who's let the cat out the bag...
    Sorry but like most people I rely on people like you to give us some hope, (even saying, if true) we will be buying 2 players this week but can't name them. At least some hope there. I look at this thread, see 40 odd new comments and hope. Sorry to let others down now with my comment
    Not necessarily this week, that's just me hoping it's pushed through that quick. The speed of it all is up to both parties. It's nicer for people to know we're still active in the window, than not. Gudmundsson, TBH, Bikey and one or two others I posted up as early as I knew they were a sure thing, this one I can't post names. Enjoy the ride that is the rumours thread :-)
    It's hardly a rumour without any names. People are getting giddy that "Charlton might sign 1 or 2 new players, but might not"
    The club have reserved key squad numbers for these two players... if you don't like what you read, then don't read the thread. I can always keep schtum in future and keep people further in the blue. I can't post the names however much I'd like to. If I was posting to show off I'd post the names, but I'm not going to go against my word
    Ignore harsh comments, if you have anything honestly to say, we are listening. If what you say is true, we want to hear, even if not all story. Obviously, if the players are with other clubs, you cannot name them until we have signed them. Sometimes clubs go after players, everything is agreed, but the selling club need to get replacement in first, which is why it sometimes drags on.
  • Only 132 posts to skim through since yesterday. 2 decent players might sign or they might not. Fewer posts with comical sexual overtones though.
  • i just waded through all the conjecture as to incoming, and...well, whoever they are, please score goals, and loads of them:>)
  • edited July 2014

How about you give us the ages of the two players?? We are no closer to knowing who they are and if or when they go through we know if you are right or not..

Hopefully 50 shades .....

(Apologies to ValleyMick for the sexual overtones)

• How about you give us the ages of the two players?? We are no closer to knowing who they are and if or when they go through we know if you are right or not..

Hopefully 50 shades .....

On the Sanatogen again Fanny ?

• I appreciate your hints and communication Atletico, lets hope its really good news if and when you can spill the beans.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!