Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

RUMOURs - Shiny and new - Spring/Summer 2014

Comments

• Vincenzo said:

up?

It's the only way...
  • tricky said:

9 wrong, the rest right if I've counted right.. good effort. There's only one real 'shocking' number selection.

Joe Gomez at number 6?
    I'm guessing it's fox at 3.
  • tricky said:

9 wrong, the rest right if I've counted right.. good effort. There's only one real 'shocking' number selection.

Joe Gomez at number 6?
    Neither right :-O
  • I reckon Morrison doesn't have a shirt number normally allocated to a CH. I don't think he will be in the starting eleven at Brentford.
  • CHARL7ON said:

Yes apparently and there were unreported sightings of him at the tour in Belgium.

How did we get to know about the unreported sightings???
  • edited July 2014

Let's hope that means Sponge foot is being shown the door

You can show him the door, but unless it is considerably bigger than a barn door he is likely to miss it in his attempts to get through.
  • tricky said:

Joe Gomez at number 6?
    Neither right :-O
    Bikey 3, Fox 6?
  • Not seen it mentioned but that Isaac Layne who has been on trial this summer has signed for Southend.
  • Yes he has, I looked like a decent tool too
  • Piggot 9 or 10
  • Sponsored links:

• 9 wrong, the rest right if I've counted right.. good effort. There's only one real 'shocking' number selection.

Pigott 9. Bob seems to like him and he has started recent friendlies.
  • Thommo said:

Baldock played and scored for City in a friendly this eve.

Bahebeck scored twice for PSG today too.
    I wore my Derek Hales shirt to the PSG game in Hong Kong last night and received no secret look or covert thumbs up from Bahebeck (or anyone else for that matter).

He played alright but to be fair, Church could have scored at least two against Kitchee.

• 9 wrong, the rest right if I've counted right.. good effort. There's only one real 'shocking' number selection.

I hope not.
  • Is today THE day???

I bloody well hope so!!!!!

COYR....

I hope not.
    Pigott cannot be more than a back up target man even if no one else is signed. Expect to see him on loan again for most of the season with a recall clause.
  • I think Piggott will be involved quite a bit this season and I really hope he goes on to prove a lot of people wrong.

Anyway back to rumours , if something is quite close it's done well not to be in the media yet, we havnt been linked with anyone for a while now.

• ashleyMember
    7:20AM
    ValleyGary said:
    » show previous quotes
    I hope not. Pigott cannot be more than a back up target man even if no one else is signed. Expect to see him on loan again for most of the season with a recall clause.

Prepare for disappointment you miserable pair.
  • DeeBee said:

Chunes said:

I must say, I much preferred summer Rumours when they weren't Henry Irving'd... e.g kept to one thread.

I honestly have no clue who we've been linked to this Summer, because I'd have to trawl through 125 pages to find out.

When I do come in to this thread, I'm catching tail-end conversations, and if I want to find out what people are talking about, I have to try and find the source post somehow. Not everyone quotes all the time and it's frankly a nightmare, going back through pages and pages to try and spot it. For example, I've been back through five pages and I have no idea what this Atletico rumour is about.

Am I the only one who preferred it when each rumour had its own thread? It was so much easier to read and follow. And just by looking at the forum I could at least have an idea who we were linked with (by the title) and from popping in to the thread I could follow the conversation with total ease.

This Rumour 2014 thread jumbles up 200 different conversations with 80 different rumours. It's impossible to follow.

@AFKABartram and mods, could we consider going back to the clearer way?

You seem like a laugh mate
    Just me then. I'll get my coat.
  • Surely Wiggins will move up to the 3 shirt now Evina has left. One of the new CB's will go to 6 (and maybe the other to Wiggins old 16 shirt?). Church will retain 9 if he stays another week (or when the numbers will be announced).
  • Sponsored links:

• Ped45 said:

Surely Wiggins will move up to the 3 shirt now Evina has left. One of the new CB's will go to 6 (and maybe the other to Wiggins old 16 shirt?). Church will retain 9 if he stays another week (or when the numbers will be announced).

Wiggins wants 16.
  • edited July 2014
    Ped45 said:

Surely Wiggins will move up to the 3 shirt now Evina has left. One of the new CB's will go to 6 (and maybe the other to Wiggins old 16 shirt?). Church will retain 9 if he stays another week (or when the numbers will be announced).

Yet Wiggins joined with Evina prior to the Squad Numbers being released so surely Wiggins requested number 16 when he joined us (i.e. He was also No.16 at Bournemouth) - Unless Fox is the same reckon he'll be No.3 this season

What will be interesting is whether Lawrie Wilson takes the No.2 jersey... Of course he couldnt have it when he joined Charlton because of Andy Hughes but he did wear the No.2 shirt whilst at Stevenage.
  • Why do shirt numbers matter? They're meaningless.
  • I guess tucadean will be 9 and vetokele some strange number like 88

To you perhaps. Some people care about them. I don't think they're always meaningless, they can tell you quite a lot about who is considered first team at the start of the season; Rob Elliot going from 1 to 42 was a clear indicator a couple of years ago.

• Ped45 said:

Yet Wiggins joined with Evina prior to the Squad Numbers being released so surely Wiggins requested number 16 when he joined us (i.e. He was also No.16 at Bournemouth) - Unless Fox is the same reckon he'll be No.3 this season

What will be interesting is whether Lawrie Wilson takes the No.2 jersey... Of course he couldnt have it when he joined Charlton because of Andy Hughes but he did wear the No.2 shirt whilst at Stevenage.
    I believe Wiggy is staying with 16 and I also believe Fox has selected another number as both players prefer not to have no 3 and one of the remaining defenders has taken no 3...ahh but who is it ???? :):)

Just there for the Referee to distinguish between the players when booking them (Of course in Gibbs / Oxlade-Chamberlain's case that didnt quite work last season)
  • Fumbluff said:

CHARL7ON said:

Yes apparently and there were unreported sightings of him at the tour in Belgium.

http://thecharltonway.com/2014/07/05/charlton-linked-to-jean-christophe-bahebeck/
  • CHARL7ON said:

Fumbluff said:

CHARL7ON said:

http://thecharltonway.com/2014/07/05/charlton-linked-to-jean-christophe-bahebeck/
    I think the comment was more "tongue-in-cheek" in that how can something that is "unreported" be reported to be unreported??? I think the original poster meant "unconfirmed reports" or something to that effect

Let's move on now.....
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!