Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

RUMOURs - Shiny and new - Spring/Summer 2014

Comments

• And then drew 0 - 0 at Highbury the following week our third clean sheet in a row.

Loved that game Eddie Youds was a bit of a shock to the system for the poor French lads in Wenger's side.
  • And then drew 0 - 0 at Highbury the following week our third clean sheet in a row.

Then didnt we lose 4-1 up @ Manchester United? lol!
  • I'm wearing a blue tie today.
  • edited July 2014

And then drew 0 - 0 at Highbury the following week our third clean sheet in a row.

• What was the year when they were numbered in alphabetical order? Balmer was wearing number 1 I think.
  • Anyone got any rumours then?
  • Granpa said:

ashleyMember
    7:20AM
    ValleyGary said:
    » show previous quotes
    I hope not. Pigott cannot be more than a back up target man even if no one else is signed. Expect to see him on loan again for most of the season with a recall clause.

Prepare for disappointment you miserable pair.

I hope to become pleasantly surprised by performances from him but nothing that I have seen to date encourages me .His recent performance against Welling was not very impressive and left me worrying and he achieved very little last season before his loan .His game against Millwall seemed basically to overawe him .Reminded me greatly of a very poor debut years ago by a full back called Mickey Paye who was hopelessly out of his depth when thrown into action due to injuries and supsensions .I do not blame any player for not being up to it and will cheer any player on in a Charlton shirt whatever their shortcomings but that should not blind anyone to the fact of them just not being up to it and showing no signs of ever being able .I hope that Peeters sees something in him that just isn't there as far as I can see and that he starts to deliver but I am not sure.Talking of shortcomings ,the same comments can be made about Munns who looked like a tidy and skilful player against Welling but who will always be overpowered by a midfield at our level of competition due to his stature in the central midfield position that he plays .Players like Iniesta are the exception that proves the rule that no player of that size can ever hope to play as a central midfielder especially in the Championship without getting torn to shreds .

• iaitch said:

What was the year when they were numbered in alphabetical order? Balmer was wearing number 1 I think.

1993/94, Balmer 1, Bolder 2
  • Come back atletico save us from squad number tedium
  • Sponsored links:

• Shrew said:

Come back atletico save us from squad number tedium

He started it
  • edited July 2014

The 0-0 draw at Highbury was also the day that I did the catwalk on Soccer AM with Tim Lovejoy and got to meet Richard Rufus. What a splendid day I had.

• edited July 2014

Anyone got any rumours then?

I have, but its a rumour about a squad number.
  • What sort of rumours you looking for, Callum? ;-)
  • What sort of rumours you looking for, Callum? ;-)

Any update on whether you think anything will happen this week Athletico?
  • Am suffering from rumour withdrawal symptoms, so here's my message, a prophet came down from the sky last night ( Curbs?) an told me to prepare for the coming of the messiah. His name is Darren Bent.Bent.Bent.
  • Getting this thread back on track. Squad numbers.

From wikipedia - Stuart Balmer has the distinction of being the first outfield player in the English league to be allocated the squad number 1; Charlton in the early 1990s allocated their squad numbers alphabetically, hence Balmer (and not a goalkeeper as is typical) wore the number 1 shirt for the season
  • Am suffering from rumour withdrawal symptoms, so here's my message, a prophet came down from the sky last night ( Curbs?) an told me to prepare for the coming of the messiah. His name is Darren Bent.Bent.Bent.

Speaking of our old beloved Dazza, he is rehitting some old form at Villa at the moment. Scored 2 in one game and looking really sharp, Villa have another game tonight at Chesterfield tonight, think he'll be involved.

@Chrissy\\\'s Army!! I think next week, but that's my personal opinion, far from a fact, it's hard to be clued up on timings of things unless you are heavily involved in it all, which I'm not really. Housing medical blah blah all the obvious things need to be sorted. I don't like to bug people constantly regarding it all, rather wait and see if and when like the rest of us!
  • Doncaster have signed Evina on a 2 year deal..

Not good enough. Not a rumour. We need rumours people. Not facts
  • Sponsored links:

Forgive me for trying to steer it back in roughly the right direction..

Forgive me for trying to steer it back in roughly the right direction..
    There is no right direction at Doncaster, there is only 'One Direction'.....the guy who got snapped in half by Agbonglahor in the Stillian Petrov testimonial.
  • Does tonight's team offer any clues to our signings? With Harriott up top, is he looking at a small quuck striker? And a left winger maybe?
  • its all bull shit
  • Does tonight's team offer any clues to our signings? With Harriott up top, is he looking at a small quuck striker? And a left winger maybe?

More likely re Harriott read Moussa
  • everton have just signed Lukaku for 28mil!
  • Mike said:

everton have just signed Lukaku for 28mil!

No, they signed him for 23..
  • Mike said:

everton have just signed Lukaku for 28mil!

No, they signed him for 23..
    Not according to sky sports news
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!