Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

RUMOURs - Shiny and new - Spring/Summer 2014

Comments

• I'm going for:

Number 8: Distol Zola

Number 9: dont have a scooby
  • Michael Owen spotted at training ground this morning
  • Charlton Athletic and Blackpool and preparing a move for former Stoke City and West Ham defender Abdoulaye Faye, according to FLW sources.
  • edited July 2014
    How can it be that one guy 'who is in the know' has now got about 25 pages dedicated to his two incoming transfers 'who will wear the number 8 shirt and a shirt a shade higher'....to the point we are now predicting the rest of the squads numbers as part of this "rumour".

This rumour thread is even more of a farce than previous windows!

But on the subject of rumours I have it on good authority we will actually be signing 2 new players...one will wear a long sleeve shrit and the other short sleeves with gloves.
  • Michael Owen spotted at training ground this morning

BT Sport must be preparing to cover the Football League...
  • Why do shirt numbers matter? They're meaningless.

To you perhaps. Some people care about them. I don't think they're always meaningless, they can tell you quite a lot about who is considered first team at the start of the season; Rob Elliot going from 1 to 42 was a clear indicator a couple of years ago.
    On the other hand, Evina was number 3 for three years and was never first choice left back. Yann wore number 18 and was always the first name on the team sheet.
  • Granpa said:

ashleyMember
    7:20AM
    ValleyGary said:
    » show previous quotes
    I hope not. Pigott cannot be more than a back up target man even if no one else is signed. Expect to see him on loan again for most of the season with a recall clause.

Prepare for disappointment you miserable pair.

Im not being miserable Granpa, i just don't rate him, especially at Championship level.
  • I'm going for:

Number 8: Distol Zola

Number 9: dont have a scooby

You're right about No. 9.

• Pigott is not a target man type player (though he can be) he can do other stuff, and perhaps people think he won't make it because he is a big guy, and ought to do big guy target man stuff like Andy Carroll.
    Don't rush to judgement about Joe just yet, although he knows he still has work to do to make the breakthrough.
  • Sponsored links:

• seth plum said:

Pigott is not a target man type player (though he can be) he can do other stuff, and perhaps people think he won't make it because he is a big guy, and ought to do big guy target man stuff like Andy Carroll.
    Don't rush to judgement about Joe just yet, although he knows he still has work to do to make the breakthrough.

If we're playing on the Ground then I'd say Pigott is quite a good Target Man... He can hold the ball up well and can spot a good pass.
    If its lumped forwards to him in the air (i.e. like the Millwall performance) then he's gonna struggle because he's only got a slight frame.

I reckon he will be utilised at Charlton this season (rather than being loaned out) because a comment was made by Peeters after the match against ADCP saying that he'd told Pigott not to worry about scoring in the Pre-Season Friendlies, instead he just needed to save his goals for the Championship
  • Why do shirt numbers matter? They're meaningless.

To you perhaps. Some people care about them. I don't think they're always meaningless, they can tell you quite a lot about who is considered first team at the start of the season; Rob Elliot going from 1 to 42 was a clear indicator a couple of years ago.
    On the other hand, Evina was number 3 for three years and was never first choice left back. Yann wore number 18 and was always the first name on the team sheet.
    Very true. It's not always an indicator but I do think it's interesting to see which numbers players choose or are assigned to them. For instance, if Reza is still here when the numbers are announced but he isn't listed, we know for sure he's off.
  • I remember when Curbs put out a team numbered from 1 to 11, at the beginning of a season, I believe first time ever.
  • Southampton at home, 1st prem season
  • Nico Kranjcar #10
  • Chris Eagles?
  • Kevin Nolan and Carlton Cole
  • ross1 said:

I remember when Curbs put out a team numbered from 1 to 11, at the beginning of a season, I believe first time ever.

First time ever?

I think teams were always 1 to 11 from about 1933 to about 1992
    I should have said in the premier league
  • Sponsored links:

• ross1 said:

ross1 said:

I remember when Curbs put out a team numbered from 1 to 11, at the beginning of a season, I believe first time ever.

First time ever?

I think teams were always 1 to 11 from about 1933 to about 1992
    I should have said in the premier league
    You're old enough to know there was football before the Premier league : - )

Anyway internet says QPR did it in the Prem for their first three matches of the 1995-96 season.
  • ross1 said:

Beginning of 1998/99

1. Sasa Ilic
    2. Danny Mills
    3. Chris Powell
    4. Neil Redfearn
    5. Richard Rufus
    6. Eddie Youds
    7. Shaun Newton
    8. Mark Kinsella
    9. Andy Hunt
    10. Clive Mendonca
    11. John Robinson
    Didn't we win 5-0 that day?
  • ross1 said:

Beginning of 1998/99

1. Sasa Ilic
    2. Danny Mills
    3. Chris Powell
    4. Neil Redfearn
    5. Richard Rufus
    6. Eddie Youds
    7. Shaun Newton
    8. Mark Kinsella
    9. Andy Hunt
    10. Clive Mendonca
    11. John Robinson
    What a team!
  • ross1 said:

Beginning of 1998/99

1. Sasa Ilic
    2. Danny Mills
    3. Chris Powell
    4. Neil Redfearn
    5. Richard Rufus
    6. Eddie Youds
    7. Shaun Newton
    8. Mark Kinsella
    9. Andy Hunt
    10. Clive Mendonca
    11. John Robinson
    That was a great day to live in Southampton.

I was whistling the Hawaii-5-0 theme tune all day.
  • ross1 said:

Beginning of 1998/99

1. Sasa Ilic
    2. Danny Mills
    3. Chris Powell
    4. Neil Redfearn
    5. Richard Rufus
    6. Eddie Youds
    7. Shaun Newton
    8. Mark Kinsella
    9. Andy Hunt
    10. Clive Mendonca
    11. John Robinson
    Drew 0-0 vs Newcastle firstly. Rufus got sent off early doors.
  • ross1 said:

Beginning of 1998/99

1. Sasa Ilic
    2. Danny Mills
    3. Chris Powell
    4. Neil Redfearn
    5. Richard Rufus
    6. Eddie Youds
    7. Shaun Newton
    8. Mark Kinsella
    9. Andy Hunt
    10. Clive Mendonca
    11. John Robinson
    First Home Weekend back in the Premier League and we shot straight to the Top of the Table :)
  • And then drew 0 - 0 at Highbury the following week our third clean sheet in a row.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!