Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

RUMOURs - Shiny and new - Spring/Summer 2014

Comments

• Who is Nick Powell?
  • Greenie said:

If he's on a driving ban I reckon a great potential link up with Church. He can be Powell's driver...

He can't put his foot down though.
    True but very soft on the brakes Greenie...
  • Where is Athletico? Another awful day on this thread...
  • Give us something to pull apart for another 10 pages please Atletico........ PLEASEEEE
  • Interesting tweet

John Chapman ‏@belgofoot · 40m
    Question for FIFA rules experts: Talk of Ezekiel being loaned to European club! How? For Qatari nationality, he must live there for 5 years?

Wonder if RD has put in a clause in his sale to loan him to us?

• Or back to Liege more likely?
  • edited July 2014
    Assuming it's happens, how would that benefit Roland or the Qatari club that Ezekiel signed for?
  • Athletico, go on you know it makes sense...

___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ / ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___

I'll take an "a"
  • Assuming it's happens, how would that benefit Roland or the Qatari club that Ezekiel signed for?

Roland gets his transfer money and we get a new forward?

John Chapman is pretty clued up on Belgium football, I have no idea why Ezekiel would be loaned to a European club, but I'd like it to be us!
  • And what about the Qatari club, what do they gain?
  • Sponsored links:

• So have we bought this couple of bandits yet ?

A pretty decent signing for a few years to come. Maybe Roland would only sell with this clause inserted.

I really haven't got a clue, probably all a nothing really, but there must be something there for John Chapman to tweet it!
  • Agree, it's an interesting development. Just trying to make sense of it all.
  • The Agent Sam™ ‏@TheAgentSam 4m
    Charlton are set to announce the signing of Nick Powell on a season-long loan as early as next week. #Confirmed #MUFC #CAFC
  • edited July 2014
    He's apparently gone for 8x his current salary...

EDIT: As Callum got his note above in before mine, I should clarify Ezekiel went for 8x salary. We aren't paying Nick Powell 8x more than the mancs...I think!! ;-)
  • Why would Ezekial need to be a Quatari national in order to play football there? I wish people would think before they post nonsense that generates dozens of meaningless comments.

The World Cup in 2022...
  • Why would Ezekial need to be a Quatari national in order to play football there? I wish people would think before they post nonsense that generates dozens of meaningless comments.

The idea is he plays there long enough to qualify for Qatar and play in the 2022 World Cup.
  • Can I just clarify: was the Nick Powell rumour nonsense? Or is there anything to that?..
  • Sponsored links:

• Can I just clarify: was the Nick Powell rumour nonsense? Or is there anything to that?..

What do you expect on the rumour thread, it is a rumour. How many of these rumours ever happen
  • ross1 said:

Can I just clarify: was the Nick Powell rumour nonsense? Or is there anything to that?..

What do you expect on the rumour thread, it is a rumour. How many of these rumours ever happen
    Multiple sources reporting it? AtleticoAddick confirming/hinting that it's true? Just something that could give it more validity really
  • ross1 said:

Can I just clarify: was the Nick Powell rumour nonsense? Or is there anything to that?..

Multiple sources reporting it? AtleticoAddick confirming/hinting that it's true? Just something that could give it more validity really
    I would like to think it could be true, but probably all came from the same source, how good that is we will have to wait and see
  • ross1 said:

ross1 said:

I would like to think it could be true, but probably all came from the same source, how good that is we will have to wait and see
    Yeah same. Anyone know if agent sam has ever reported a rumour/been right in the past?..
  • Jenkinson has joined West Ham on a season long loan
  • Eric Dier, Tottenham's rumoured new £4m signing from Sporting Lisbon is the nephew of our former player Peter Croker
  • se9addick said:

Eric Dier, Tottenham's rumoured new £4m signing from Sporting Lisbon is the nephew of our former player Peter Croker

So he is. Played for Sporting Lisbon.
  • edited July 2014
    Stevie May ?
  • edited July 2014

Stevie May ?

Or May not?

I'd sign him in an instant to be honest
  • Stevie May ?

Or May not?

I'd sign him in an instant to be honest
    Not playing for St.Johnstone tonight in Europa League qualifier. Is he injured ?

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!