Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

RUMOURs - Shiny and new - Spring/Summer 2014

Comments

• Bahebeck is away in China with PSG, so I doubt it'd be him.
  • Bahebeck is away in China with PSG, so I doubt it'd be him.

and Wood travelled with the Leicester City squad to Malaysia so it probably isn't him either.
  • Maybe RD is out scouting the far east for a new club and will sign them both whilst he is out there
  • magic1999 said:

Maybe RD is out scouting the far east for a new club and will sign them both whilst he is out there

I like it!
  • Baldock makes sense aswell, Bristol City have made a bid for Agard, a probable replacement.
  • 500k + church

No, if we gave them Church they'd demand a lot more than £500k
  • 150 posts to find out we're signing someone who's squad number will be 8 and another player who's squad number will be 6, 7, 9, or 10. Most cryptic rumour on here ever!
  • Baldock's squad number is 9..

Which is close to 8.. Didn't Atletico say a new number 8 and a number close to it..
    It doesn't mean that the players possibly coming in are already playing as a number 8 (or close thereto) but that they will take those numbers from our squad list this coming season

Although, saying that, didn't Juan Mata have the number 8 jersey at Old Trafford last season?
    That's what I'm saying..
    No it isn't. You were saying how Baldock would be a good bet as he had the number 9 shirt at Bristol City - that's the opposite of what I said
  • No. 8 - Under
    No. 9 - whelmed
  • edited July 2014
    Two very good signings this week would see even me optimistic for the new season.

I shall assume my usual position though in preparation, as mrbligh has qualified, "I'll take an 8 and a 9 Rachael.."
  • Sponsored links:

• Atletico you've got me pretty excited...now we wait.
  • If we sign anyone this week the usual chorus of moaning will of course follow with the primary moan being "how will the team gel with signings so late"
  • ...apparently the store are already selling Baldock shirts.
  • ...apparently the store are already selling Baldock shirts.

Source?
  • Baldock's squad number is 9..

Which is close to 8.. Didn't Atletico say a new number 8 and a number close to it..
    It doesn't mean that the players possibly coming in are already playing as a number 8 (or close thereto) but that they will take those numbers from our squad list this coming season

Although, saying that, didn't Juan Mata have the number 8 jersey at Old Trafford last season?
    That's what I'm saying..
    No it isn't. You were saying how Baldock would be a good bet as he had the number 9 shirt at Bristol City - that's the opposite of what I said
    That's not what I said..

I said that I reckon it's him as Bristol City have made an offer for Agard, a likely replacement.

Someone mentioned the number thing after to which I replied he could wear the number 9 shirt. I haven't a clue what number he wears for city and quite frankly don't care.
  • ross1 said:

Sorry, I must have the wrong thread, I thought this was about rumours of players we might be signing, obviously not.

Got any yourself? ;-) Only literally a couple of people close to the club know these potential signings, it's guesswork for most. If I blurted out who they were it'd be pretty obvious who's let the cat out the bag...
    Sorry but like most people I rely on people like you to give us some hope, (even saying, if true) we will be buying 2 players this week but can't name them. At least some hope there. I look at this thread, see 40 odd new comments and hope. Sorry to let others down now with my comment
  • ross1 said:

ross1 said:

Sorry, I must have the wrong thread, I thought this was about rumours of players we might be signing, obviously not.

Got any yourself? ;-) Only literally a couple of people close to the club know these potential signings, it's guesswork for most. If I blurted out who they were it'd be pretty obvious who's let the cat out the bag...
    Sorry but like most people I rely on people like you to give us some hope, (even saying, if true) we will be buying 2 players this week but can't name them. At least some hope there. I look at this thread, see 40 odd new comments and hope. Sorry to let others down now with my comment
    Not necessarily this week, that's just me hoping it's pushed through that quick. The speed of it all is up to both parties. It's nicer for people to know we're still active in the window, than not. Gudmundsson, TBH, Bikey and one or two others I posted up as early as I knew they were a sure thing, this one I can't post names. Enjoy the ride that is the rumours thread :-)
  • ross1 said:

ross1 said:

Not necessarily this week, that's just me hoping it's pushed through that quick. The speed of it all is up to both parties. It's nicer for people to know we're still active in the window, than not. Gudmundsson, TBH, Bikey and one or two others I posted up as early as I knew they were a sure thing, this one I can't post names. Enjoy the ride that is the rumours thread :-)
    It's hardly a rumour without any names. People are getting giddy that "Charlton might sign 1 or 2 new players, but might not"
  • ross1 said:

ross1 said:

Still haven't said its not parker.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2014
    I think the real reason Atletico Addick wont say anything is he is enjoying the attention :-)
  • He revealed the Gudmundsson signing 2/3 days before it happened. So have some faith!
  • I am going on hols tomorrow, at a place with no internet. I would like to know by mid-day tomorrow PLEASE.
  • So would people rather know the names of some potentially exciting signings, get themselves all worked up that we're now gonna piss the league then be disappointed/suicidal if they fall through OR not know the names but have a reasonable and controlled amount of excitement wondering who they may be, and if they aren't signed only feeling mildly disappointed given it could've been anyone?
  • Not asking you name names AA, but in your opinion, if they go through, will they excite us all?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!