Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

RUMOURs - Shiny and new - Spring/Summer 2014

Comments

• Athletico can you just say if Delort is signing? Or if he is one of the two players mentioned before.
  • A French link on Twitter says he's agreed a deal with a club but no fee agreed with Tours
  • Would seem that the player and his agent are making sure they seriously look at all the options available before committing. Why wouldn't they I suppose.

I have a sneaking suspicion that this one is slipping away.

If so, Up Yours Delort!
  • By the time Delort has traipsed through Europe talking to tens of clubs, the transfer window could have closed.
    Also, he won't be fit, because he can't be training properly, whilst doing all this travelling :-)

• Brendán MacFarlane @IsMiseBrendan · 15m

According to France Bleu, Andy Delort in the last hour has said that he has agreed to join an English (probably championship) club.

Brendán MacFarlane @IsMiseBrendan · 13m

"I've always wanted to play in England, but I don't want to take a step down - I look at the ambition of the club" - Andy Delort today.

Brendán MacFarlane @IsMiseBrendan · 12m

Tours however have said that they haven't reached any English deals for Delort - but two Championship clubs are trying to reach a deal.

Brendán MacFarlane @IsMiseBrendan · 10m

I've heard that from England there's a fee of £1.5mil being quoted for Andy Delort - for me it will be closer to £2.5mil if he's to go.

Brendán MacFarlane @IsMiseBrendan · 9m

If Delort goes to England, I can only commend the scouting efforts of whatever club signs him. L2 market is a great place to get quality.

• Trying not to get my hopes up but surely we're signing him. People saying he was at the club, vacant 9, AA's post. If he goes to Boro I'm not talking to my mum for a while (Boro fan).
  • Trying not to get my hopes up but surely we're signing him. People saying he was at the club, vacant 9, AA's post. If he goes to Boro I'm not talking to my mum for a while (Boro fan).

Graeme Bailey who works for Sky Sports and is a Boro fan has just replied to a tweet saying that Boro are not in for Delort but he is definitely going to a Championship club.

Leeds or Charlton it seems
  • Have a feeling it's us you know. Leeds chairman said he doesn't want him. Boro aren't interested and brentford have enough strikers.....

Welcome andy :)
  • Have a feeling it's us you know. Leeds chairman said he doesn't want him. Boro aren't interested and brentford have enough strikers.....

Hope you are right.

Agree
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 2014
    "I've always wanted to play in England, but I don't want to take a step down - I look at the ambition of the club

I think this quote is quite telling in that it probably rules out Leeds and boro. I believe that it is a straight fight between us and Brentford. We shouldn't discount Brentford (a newly promoted club heading in the right direction with ambitions of their own).

I've got a sneaking feeling we'll find out by Tuesday though.
  • edited August 2014
    Yeah on edit to my previous comment. It looks like he is going to Leeds according to that article.... Haha

Seems like the player has agreed a deal with Leeds but Leeds are still to agree a fee with the players club.

So I regret welcoming andy to the club.
  • As reported last week, the striker Tours ( Ligue 2 ), Andy Delort aroused many lusts of the Channel. According to our information, the co-top scorer in Ligue 2 2013-2014 (24 goals) would have come this Sunday an agreement with the formation of Championship (English Division 2) Leeds United.

Courted by Southampton and Queens Park Rangers center-forward, aged 22, had responded favorably to the mythical sirens Yorkshire club. It remains now, the leaders of the two teams to agree on the transfer fee. Stay tuned with the greatest attention in the coming hours.
  • TravHouse said:
    As reported last week, the striker Tours (Ligue 2), Andy Delort aroused many lusts of the Channel. According to our information, the co-top scorer in Ligue 2 2013-2014 (24 goals) would have come this Sunday an agreement with the formation of Championship (English Division 2) Leeds United.

Courted by Southampton and Queens Park Rangers center-forward, aged 22, had responded favorably to the mythical sirens Yorkshire club. It remains now, the leaders of the two teams to agree on the transfer fee. Stay tuned with the greatest attention in the coming
  • Almonds said:

TravHouse said:
    As reported last week, the striker Tours (Ligue 2), Andy Delort aroused many lusts of the Channel. According to our information, the co-top scorer in Ligue 2 2013-2014 (24 goals) would have come this Sunday an agreement with the formation of Championship (English Division 2) Leeds United.

Courted by Southampton and Queens Park Rangers center-forward, aged 22, had responded favorably to the mythical sirens Yorkshire club. It remains now, the leaders of the two teams to agree on the transfer fee. Stay tuned with the greatest attention in the coming
    Bang goes my theory then! Bugger!
  • According to reams it's a done deal tomorrow
    Delort is in a London Hotel and will sign for us tomorrow once final negotiations on the fee have been ironed out.

Tours have accepted our bid, the player has agreed terms, all that remains now is the two clubs coming together on how the fee will be paid and over how long. Obviously it's undisclosed and will be in installments with add on's which include us getting to the Premier League.

It's almost over the line but the payment plan needs tweaking as Tours want a bigger down payment and smaller installments while we have offered the opposite. I may not be 100% on the money but it's along those lines anyway.

Read more: http://intothevalley.proboards.com/thread/16480/player-announcement-delort-deal-close?page=2#post-125622#ixzz39M0kcD4F
  • I thought earlier Leeds said they were not interested. Game still being played out here it seems so need to just wait and see. In my opinion for a foreigner us being in London is a big advantage especially with Ebbsfleet on our doorstep.
  • Just found this article.

Welcome to the club again andy :)
    http://ift.tt/1o2jPE1

Andy Delort not come to RC Lens! Tourangeau striker announced his departure for England on the waves of France Bleu:
    " I came to agree with an English club. Everything is ok for me with them. I always wanted to play in England, but I do not want to toast the steps. I look at the ambition of the club, "
    The identity of the club has not FILTE but Andy Delort was advanced contact club Charlton in recent days. An officer of Tours had even traveled to London to negotiate the transfer fee.
  • Sponsored links:

• Before a few days ago I had never heard of Andy Delort but the amount of research I have done over the last day or so has convinced me that he will fire us into the premier league! haha

Got to be optimistic I suppose! God I've missed the football season.. COYR
  • It's funny. I really want this deal to come through even though I've never heard of the guy and have no idea whether he is cut out for the Championship!
  • lol! Wonder what the odds are on him turning out shit for whoever he joins after all these transfer rumours
  • Think like me most of you on here only want him as lots of our rivals are rumoured to be interested.
  • I give up.
    Now Graeme Bailey on twitter has said charlton aren't the club he had heard are close to signing delort.

He's in england. So he is signing for someone. Probably end up being someone like Carlisle
  • Well, he put them away last year but not sure of the standard of league 2 in France. He did play for France U20 so must have something though. We'll see.
  • Swisdom said:

According to reams it's a done deal tomorrow

Delort is in a London Hotel and will sign for us tomorrow once final negotiations on the fee have been ironed out.

Tours have accepted our bid, the player has agreed terms, all that remains now is the two clubs coming together on how the fee will be paid and over how long. Obviously it's undisclosed and will be in installments with add on's which include us getting to the Premier League.

It's almost over the line but the payment plan needs tweaking as Tours want a bigger down payment and smaller installments while we have offered the opposite. I may not be 100% on the money but it's along those lines anyway.

Read more: http://intothevalley.proboards.com/thread/16480/player-announcement-delort-deal-close?page=2#post-125622#ixzz39M0kcD4F
    I don't believe what Reams says, seems like guest work most of the time. Anyone could say what he's said there and if he did go to Boro or Leeds instead could say 'bugger, I was right with my sources but the other club offered more'

The way things are I'll obviously be annoyed if he joins anyone but us. That said I will be most pissed off if it was Brentford. Bigger club than them, don't care what anyone thinks. Should never be beating us to the signing of a player unless they are offering double wages or something. We're not a massive club but we have to be more desirable than Brentford.
  • edited August 2014
    Swisdom said:

According to reams it's a done deal tomorrow

Half an hour before Reams posted the above he didn't have a clue about it and since he's posted about Leeds being interested but as far as he knows their priorities are Ranger and Danny Graham.

Like the rest of us he hasnt a scooby.
  • edited August 2014
    Doesn't matter how big the club is, most players will sign for the money.
  • edited August 2014
    Transfer News ‏@Transferaholic 3m
    Charlton have finalised a deal for Andy Delort and a fee has been agreed with Tours. #CAFC

Haven't a clue how reliable that is.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!