Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

RUMOURs - Shiny and new - Spring/Summer 2014

Comments

• It's funny. I really want this deal to come through even though I've never heard of the guy and have no idea whether he is cut out for the Championship!

I'm the same. It's a big signing though. It's a statement and it's a one up on a lot of rivals.
  • So maybe Reams contacted someone itk and received a more updated version than previously. Perhaps he was unable to get his source to talk earlier.

Frankly until it's on the OS I tend not to take any rumour too seriously but Reams does have decent contacts so don't disregard what he says. All deals aren't done and dusted until the ink is dry though.
  • edited August 2014

Swisdom said:

According to reams it's a done deal tomorrow

Delort is in a London Hotel and will sign for us tomorrow once final negotiations on the fee have been ironed out.

Tours have accepted our bid, the player has agreed terms, all that remains now is the two clubs coming together on how the fee will be paid and over how long. Obviously it's undisclosed and will be in installments with add on's which include us getting to the Premier League.

It's almost over the line but the payment plan needs tweaking as Tours want a bigger down payment and smaller installments while we have offered the opposite. I may not be 100% on the money but it's along those lines anyway.

Read more: http://intothevalley.proboards.com/thread/16480/player-announcement-delort-deal-close?page=2#post-125622#ixzz39M0kcD4F
    That said I will be most pissed off if it was Brentford. Bigger club than them, don't care what anyone thinks. Should never be beating us to the signing of a player unless they are offering double wages or something. We're not a massive club but we have to be more desirable than Brentford.

The same could be said of Brighton and Bournemouth
  • From what I've seen of him via pardews top secret scouting videos (before anyone else asks, I cannot reveal my sources and how I am able to access these), it looks like he's one who gets behind the defence and knows where to goal is.

Bit like our dazza although our midfield hasn't really been one for carving defences open like that for years now, hope he has another dimension to his game.
  • In other Charlton related news..

@Transfer_News24: Norwich are keen on signing Standard Liege defender Laurent Ciman. #ncfc

What are Norwich playing at?
  • So maybe Reams contacted someone itk and received a more updated version than previously. Perhaps he was unable to get his source to talk earlier.

Frankly until it's on the OS I tend not to take any rumour too seriously but Reams does have decent contacts so don't disregard what he says. All deals aren't done and dusted until the ink is dry though.

No disregarding from me, I'm sure he does. The players we are interested in have been kept very well under the wraps by the club and those involved, that I know for a fact, otherwise I'd of blurted the names I knew. If at least one of them doesn't sign I'll be very disappointed, I'm sure they will though if not them both.

No disregarding from me, I'm sure he does. The players we are interested in have been kept very well under the wraps by the club and those involved, that I know for a fact, otherwise I'd of blurted the names I knew. If at least one of them doesn't sign I'll be very disappointed, I'm sure they will though if not them both.
    Implying it's not him?
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 2014

So maybe Reams contacted someone itk and received a more updated version than previously. Perhaps he was unable to get his source to talk earlier.

@Atletico. Is one of the players Delort? Yes or no?
  • vffvff
    edited August 2014
    http://spoughts.co.uk/2014/08/03/leeds-agree-personal-terms-with-24-goal-french-starlet-report/

Leeds in the chair allegedly for Delort

According to Reams ITTV, Delort has also agreed personal terms with Charlton, and it is all down to installment and payments. Maybe the French club are fed up negotiating or trying to force RDs hand ? (Pure speculation, not ITK).
  • @flyingkiwiDK I really do wish I could say the 2 names but when someone tells you on the basis you keep it to yourself, you do just that. I'll leave it to reams and others ITK and/or the club to take it further.

and @cafc_harry no implying anything, just one of his comments completely contradicted his other, one from his opinion and one posting other rumours or from his source, I'm guessing
  • @flyingkiwiDK I really do wish I could say the 2 names but when someone tells you on the basis you keep it to yourself, you do just that. I'll leave it to reams and others ITK and/or the club to take it further.

and @cafc_harry no implying anything, just one of his comments completely contradicted his other, one from his opinion and one posting other rumours or from his source, I'm guessing

Fair enough Atletico. Worth a try!
  • edited August 2014

The same could be said of Brighton and Bournemouth

Different circumstances from then to now though. There's actually some stability at our club now, we actually have a pitch to play on now, we're bringing in good signings, we have a bigger fan base than them, bigger stadium. There's tons of reasons for us to never miss out on a good signing to Brentford.

Fair enough Atletico. Worth a try!
    Does that mean one of them is him?, if it wasn't you could say 'No' and it wouldn't be giving away who the 2 are would it?
  • My money is on Delort and Powell as being the two mystery signings. I guess we'll find out this week.
  • vff said:

http://spoughts.co.uk/2014/08/03/leeds-agree-personal-terms-with-24-goal-french-starlet-report/

According to Reams ITTV, Delort has also agreed personal terms with Charlton, and it is all down to installment and payments. Maybe the French club are fed up negotiating or trying to force RDs hand ? (Pure speculation, not ITK).

Apparently Cellino has said to a Leeds based journo that it's very unlikely for him to sign
  • vff said:

Apparently Cellino has said to a Leeds based journo that it's very unlikely for him to sign
    Source ? (Hoping that is true and all)
  • Sponsored links:

• vff said:

vff said:

@PhilhayYEP on twitter, can't link it as I'm using the app
  • AA, you've already said you cannot talk about it, now stop banging on about it. You may as well have not said anything.
  • edited August 2014

vff said:

vff said:

He is the Yorkshire Evening Post's chief football writer. Fairly reliable I would have thought.

Can't see anything about it on his Twitter page though.
  • honestly would be underwhelmed by this signing, looks like another reza to me
  • vff said:

vff said:

He is the Yorkshire Evening Post's chief football writer. Fairly reliable I would have thought.

It's his top tweet
  • vff said:

vff said:

It's his top tweet
    As in his latest tweet (unless he's tweeted since)
  • Also Reams does say alot of bullshit
  • James Jaffray ‏@jaffacakes1984 · 2h
    @PhilHayYEP any idea if Leeds are back in for Delort Phil? Apparently he's agreed to join a club in England

Phil Hay
    @PhilHayYEP @jaffacakes1984 from speaking to Cellino about him, I doubt he'll be coming to Leeds.

• Just heard we've signed Darren purse on a three year deal. New number 9. I didn't tell you that though
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!