Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

RUMOURs - Shiny and new - Spring/Summer 2014

Comments

• Mad how a second division French striker has now become the messiah.
  • That's one busy agent, he is earning his dough
  • and (according to Twitter) he is having a medical at Brighton so you can add the to the list too!

I give up! What will be will be...

That was a Charlton fan taking the piss..
  • Valley11 said:

Mad how a second division French striker has now become the messiah.

He's not the messiah.
  • Is that a Leeds shirt ?

certainly looks like elland road with all the empty seats...
  • Valley11 said:

Mad how a second division French striker has now become the messiah.

He's not the messiah.
    He's a very naughty boy
  • vffvff
    edited August 2014
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andy_Delort

Andy Delort signs 3 year deal with charlton athletic. On wikkipedia must be true ;-)

Apparently No 9 as well. That was a quick squad number assigning !

Edit

Now thats gone and apparently 'Andy Delort (born October 9, 1991 in Sète, Hérault) is a French professional football player. Currently, he plays for Brentford FC.' You got to laugh. Think I will leave this one until tomorrow.
  • edited August 2014
    Swisdom said:

honestly would be underwhelmed by this signing, looks like another reza to me

Seriously! The couple of vids on YouTube show him as so much more. Strength, pace, finishing not to mention a shit load of passion when he scores. Him and Vetokele could be awesome and very much an unknown quantity

Mate youtube can make anyone look good, I'm not going by that.

I don't like the fact he has only had 1 good season in a relatively poor league.

I'm pleased so far with some our signings but I do fear we are still underestimating this league far.. Far to much
  • Swisdom said:

Seriously! The couple of vids on YouTube show him as so much more. Strength, pace, finishing not to mention a shit load of passion when he scores. Him and Vetokele could be awesome and very much an unknown quantity

I don't like the fact he has only had 1 good season in a relatively poor league.

I'm please so far with some our signings but I do fear we are still underestimating this league far.. Far to much
    Quite possibly but in the case of Delort it would appear quite a few other teams are doing the same.

• Sponsored links:

• Swisdom said:

I'm please so far with some our signings but I do fear we are still underestimating this league far.. Far to much
    Quite possibly but in the case of Delort it would appear quite a few other teams are doing the same.

Mainly all agent talk, couple of clubs have come out and confirmed talks have never taken etc athletico

I don't think we will be signing him anyway
  • vff said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andy_Delort

Andy Delort signs 3 year deal with charlton athletic. On wikkipedia must be true ;-)

Apparently No 9 as well. That was a quick squad number assigning !

Edit

Now thats gone and apparently 'Andy Delort (born October 9, 1991 in Sète, Hérault) is a French professional football player. Currently, he plays for Brentford FC.' You got to laugh. Think I will leave this one until tomorrow.

• Havn't looked at this thread since I was at work earlier today, when I saw 144 new posts my heart skipped a few beats! Well after reading them all, I do feel like we are a bit closer to signing this bloke (whoever the hell he really is) than we were this morning! Hope we all wake up to good news!
  • edited August 2014
    Delort is racking in the Charlton and Leeds followers on twitter. Just makes me want us to sign him more.

fuck it, just for you lot I'm gonna make an ultimate team on fifa and buy his team of the season card and stick him up front with Igor. Tweet him the pic. Can't be letting Leeds outdo us on the twitter sucking up. Gotta show the drive that he's after.
  • Delort has just Retweeted a charlton fan...

@JackCSales: @CAFCofficial please sign @AndyDelort9 and give us some of these http://t.co/MHuIS9agq1
  • So if Delort takes #9 and we get rid of Reza, there is still time to fit in Bahebeck in his favourite #8.....................
  • TravHouse said:

Delort has just Retweeted a charlton fan...

@JackCSales: @CAFCofficial please sign @AndyDelort9 and give us some of these http://t.co/MHuIS9agq1

Haha, the Leeds fans seem well salty. If he doesn't sign for us after that i'll probably hate him.
  • Sponsored links:

• Really hope we sign him, even just to piss off all the leeds fans going on about how he'd be mad to join a 'small club' like us or Brentford
  • Yep looks like its happening, never heard of the guy before Saturday let's hope he has a similar impact of the previous French striker we had.
  • Yep looks like its happening, never heard of the guy before Saturday let's hope he has a similar impact of the previous French striker we had.

Stephane Valcy?
  • TravHouse said:

Delort has just Retweeted a charlton fan...

Well done @TravHouse‌, I think you have just announced the signing
  • edited August 2014
    Or Delort just likes a bit of hero worship, I mean who has ever heard of a Frenchman with an ego?
  • Lol you might have something there

All indications point to us being the Club, the reference to signing for a London club and him being at the Valley on Friday.

Am distinctly whelmed by this signing as he seems an abrasive and combative player whose style should work in this league.
  • edited August 2014
    He does look good but he is yet another young player, this team will not be at its best for a few years.

By then RD will have sold most of them.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!