Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

RUMOURs - Shiny and new - Spring/Summer 2014

Comments

• edited July 2014
    I don't care if he is past it I would be mega excited if Parker came back. Lebron James left Cleveland in worse circumstances and came back earlier today. ITS AN OMEN.
  • Keep your eyes on Scott Parkers movements ..

That's all I'm saying.

No way! Id be shocked
  • Haha controversial. Not sure he's what we need either unless we are going to let him roam around like he used to do for us rather than sit and hold like he has done for much of his career since.
  • Well he'd be the replacement for Poyet I'd imagine?
  • There is no possible way in the world that Scott Parker will be joining us.
  • I saw him play for Fulham last season and I think he's finished, so not sure I'd want him...

Dunno... Andy Hughes was about 33 when he joined us (same age as Parker now)... If he had the same effect around the place as Andy!!
    putting aside cries of "traitor"...wonky knees anyone? he needs to dash about and without that stamina and mobility, hmmmm...he has guile sure, but is that enough...?
  • So what's the latest on another player signing tonight? Getting a bit late now.

As I said I may be wrong, but again as I said it may be tomorrow aswell,a player was 100% there today, up to comms team when they feel ready to publish
  • So what's the latest on another player signing tonight? Getting a bit late now.

As I said I may be wrong, but again as I said it may be tomorrow aswell,a player was 100% there today, up to comms team when they feel ready to publish
    Any clue on who? Parker? Bahebeck? A goalkeeper?
  • edited July 2014

So what's the latest on another player signing tonight? Getting a bit late now.

Any clue on who? Parker? Bahebeck? A goalkeeper?
    Not a clue goal keeper arrival is imminent however that why I thought a keeper
  • I saw him play for Fulham last season and I think he's finished, so not sure I'd want him...

He was finished at the fag end of his Spurs career. Needs a mobility scooter to get out of the centre circle. Fulham got sold a real dog. We don't want him - remember Gower?
  • Sponsored links:

• cafcfan said:

I saw him play for Fulham last season and I think he's finished, so not sure I'd want him...

He was finished at the fag end of his Spurs career. Needs a mobility scooter to get out of the centre circle. Fulham got sold a real dog. We don't want him - remember Gower?
    Parker has the quality to be above this level though, could do a similar role which Gerrard did for Liverpool this season despite his legs being gone next to Buyens or Cousins in my opinion.

Dunno... Andy Hughes was about 33 when he joined us (same age as Parker now)... If he had the same effect around the place as Andy!!
    putting aside cries of "traitor"...wonky knees anyone? he needs to dash about and without that stamina and mobility, hmmmm...he has guile sure, but is that enough...?
    I think to play Football in England you need to know where the ball is going and be there before the ball rather than chasing after it... that is the advantage the older players have over the youngsters these days, dont think for one instant that Parker would be a starter for us if he joined but instead would be just like Andy Hughes, someone who can help the kids out on the training ground mostly but also for the tight games be available on the bench
  • Parker would be a quality acquisition, don't agree that he is past it, and would be a stand-out player for any Championship club. Just would be very strange for him to come back here
  • Highly doubt it will be Parker!
  • Can't remember where I heard it but Parker has been on record to say he wants to finish his playing career at Charlton. Maybe he will be willing to take a massive pay cut to do so.
  • Can't remember where I heard it but Parker has been on record to say he wants to finish his playing career at Charlton. Maybe he will be willing to take a massive pay cut to do so.

I heard this a few times but I can never seem to find this interview ?
  • Do you think that could be what's happening tonight. I think it would be a marquee signing
  • Parker has qualities that do not disappear because of age. Would be a good signing in my opinion.
  • I can only imagine that a season or two training/playing alongside Parker could do wonders for Jordan Cousins..
  • Do you think that could be what's happening tonight. I think it would be a marquee signing

Defo not parker, as I said above it's a massive if just sharing what I heard,

But deal is no where near completion this 1 will be a while, just try to keep tabs on it
  • Sponsored links:

• Parker would be quality at this level. After how he left though no way would he rock back up here. And to be honest no way would I want him to. Would rather Danny Murphy announced he was coming out of retirement to come back than Parker.
  • Could he possibly be a surprise "trialist" tomorrow?
  • Can't be as he is still contracted at Fulham
  • Maybe I'm looking at it with rose tinteds but Parker coming back would surely be as big a homecoming as Powell returning (as manager) or am I mugging myself off with what went on?
  • Can't be as he is still contracted at Fulham

Ah thought he was Out of Contract
  • Hmm, not sure the CL clique would be trashing their SCP wall charts of smashing their Chrissy Powell commemorative love pendants Red...
  • a bit like comparing judas to jesus eh?
  • Despite the recent signings I doubt that the wage budget has been increased substantially, so i wonder if we really need another central midfielder. We have Cousins, Jacko, Moussa and Yoni competing in the centre, Callum and the new Icelandic lad wide, as well as maybe Lawrie Wilson on the right. If there's money to spare I would prioritise a keeper, another wide man and a target man above another central midfielder.
  • sounds like a keeper is imminent...Deano?
  • i would not want parker. it is these types of signings which always disappoint. hasselbaink, fuller, half the millwall squad from last season. they don't have the same hunger and whilst their experience can be useful their actual imput isn't. fuller got 4 goals i think in one season. hasselbaink the same. wages will be high too
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!