Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

RUMOURs - Shiny and new - Spring/Summer 2014

Comments

• From what I have HEARD remember 70-80% of the time I have been right but again I have been wrong, eg tonight I heard we was going to sign somone else but I was wrong whereas I announced today's new signings before OS

RM has suggested we look at Scott Parkers Fulham situration and it has been surgested he would come here, BUT only on a wage cut, but 100% Richard Murray has raised the question about the possibility of it

Again this IS a rumour and I post what I get told, but all I'm saying is keep a eye on him, things could develop soon

Now this is what I'd call a proper rumour!
  • Hmmm it would be huge. Parker was, without doubt the best player I have seen in a cafc shirt. I think we would forgive him after one crunching takle!
  • The 'reject' of 8 years ago would be a quality acquisition. Great bit of experience to help the yoof around him!!
  • Only 8 years. Wow
  • Pope
    Solly morro bikey wiggo
    Parker cousins jacko
    Wilson gudmunddson
    Ventokele
  • In two minds about Parker. I wouldn't want him to come and stunt say Cousins progress and with Jacko, Buyens, Cousins, Moussa do we need him. Could be big wages better spent elsewhere. On the other hand he'd be an asset although his best days are gone and his experience would be invaluable.
  • Can't be as he is still contracted at Fulham

I'm not so sure about that.

Plenty of players go on trial, before their contract is up.
    They can play in friendlies but absolutely can't play a competitive match (unless on loan) but if their current club is happy for them to leave - then with that club's blessing, they can go on trial elsewhere.

I'm 99% certain.

;o)

• edited July 2014

Only 8 years. Wow

That's when I took my then 4 year old son to see Charlton v Newcastle. Was his first ever game and he kept saying how good that player called 'reject' was. Also remember the chants of, let him die' when 'reject' went down injured and was receiving treatment.

Would he come back?!
  • So what's the latest on another player signing tonight? Getting a bit late now.

This is SO disappointing.

:-)

• Keep your eyes on Scott Parkers movements ..

That's all I'm saying.

Constipated ?

• Sponsored links:

• If that's true it wouldn't stunt Cousin's growth it would help it, having that sort of experience around would only benefit and Cousin's legs getting around would benefit Parker's playing role. Actually excited about this one so please be true.

PS Glad I got over him going about 4 years ago and started respecting him for the Class player he is!!!!!
  • The prodigal son.

Will always be welcome back.

Born at Charlton FC.

Bring me a goat.
  • I saw him play for Fulham last season and I think he's finished, so not sure I'd want him...

Surely he was flogging a dead horse there though...

Nowhere, Fulham were going nowhere .

I'd have him back like a shot.

• I don't want to go to over the top on this so I don't get burnt but if Peeters plays a 4-5-1/4-3-3 then surely we'd want 5 cm's in the squad. Jackson probably shouldn't be a nailed on starter there and with Parkers legs Cousins would still get plenty of game time I'm sure.
  • Can't remember where I heard it but Parker has been on record to say he wants to finish his playing career at Charlton. Maybe he will be willing to take a massive pay cut to do so.

It was in a Fulham programme.
  • DOC64 said:

Only 8 years. Wow

That's when I took my then 4 year old son to see Charlton v Newcastle. Was his first ever game and he kept saying how good that player called 'reject' was. Also remember the chants of, 'hope you die' when 'reject' went down injured.

Would he come back?!
    Haha, that well known chant of 'hope you die'
  • Prefer DB myself. What is his situation?
  • Parker or Jacko in cm?

I know which one I'd prefer,

Come home Scotty!
  • Prefer DB myself. What is his situation?

Minted and probably chilling out in a five star hotel making himself a sandwich.
  • I have to say Parker would be something else. Can't see it myself but if we are missing one thing - it's a captain. Jacko can't play every game and we don't really have a backup (Morra falls to pieces as skipper)

I was gutted when he left and feel he should have gone on to bigger things than he did (he was genuinely world class IMO) but nevertheless would like to see him in a Charlton shirt again
  • Sponsored links:

• Have just txt a mate who is very good friends with Harry Arter asking about this Parker rumour. His response was. . . . It's all a load of rubbish mate. . . That's come from some1 very in the know. . . This deal will not happen, not a chance!
  • johnbaker said:

Have just txt a mate who is very good friends with Harry Arter asking about this Parker rumour. His response was. . . . It's all a load of rubbish mate. . . That's come from some1 very in the know. . . This deal will not happen, not a chance!

Think he's Scott's bro in law.

• Yer he is. Would love him to come back but I really cannot see it
  • I don't know how anyone can ever say not a chance.. Its football, money talks, if the opportunity and more importantly the money was right of course their is a chance he'd take it.
  • Can we start a Darren Bent rumour next?
  • I saw Parker a few times last season and I'm afraid his style of play has caught up with him. He hasn't got the legs anymore.
    Even if I thought for a second this rumour was true I wouldn't want him.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!