Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

RUMOURs - Shiny and new - Spring/Summer 2014

Comments

• Interestingly wiki claims that both Agard and Jay E T are versatile strikers/wingers, as is Ventokele - theme building.
  • JET is a very big lad who can get goals but he tends to drift out of games and when it's not going for him he's a sulker. Which is actually hilarious to watch considering how massive he is. I think L1 might be his level
  • How's this for a fact about Emmanuel- Thomas.

Together with his strike partner Sam Baldock they were the third highest scoring partnership in England. Behind Aguero & Negrado and Suarez & Sturridge.
  • Agard and JET rumours are on Twitter.
  • Well done Corkieeee, a rumour at last after 68 posts of complete drivel.
  • edited July 2014
    The Bristol City manager said that neither JET and Baldock are for sale.
  • JET is a proper football manager wonder for teams in the lower leagues, but I'm not convinced he's got the mental ability
  • Perhaps Parker is just coming to chauffeur JET & Agard?
  • Powerful player, decent in the air and on the floor - and capable of doing the unpredictable.
    Application and concentration perhaps a little suspect.

Last season in League 1 he scored 15 League goals in 42 games + 6 in the cups.

JET is 23 now with good pedigree - but it has taken until last season to begin to show that he can fulfill his potential.

He really should be playing on a bigger stage than League 1.
    If he wants to step up, it's now time for him to show more maturity and consistancy.

• Sponsored links:

• edited July 2014
    dickplumb said:

The Bristol City manager said that neither JET and Baldock are not for sale.

Which means that they ARE both for sale.
  • dickplumb said:

The Bristol City manager said that neither JET and Baldock are not for sale.

So they are for sale?
  • Can't see Parker happening. Too much history.
  • The JET rumour is from some random guy on twitter. Seen the Agard rumour a couple of places now but Leeds also want him.
  • dickplumb said:

Now amended.
  • The JET rumour is from some random guy on twitter. Seen the Agard rumour a couple of places now but Leeds also want him.

Accordingly to that nut job Cellino, they are not interested as he doesn't feel he's a championship player
  • @sport_simon: @EMcLean1982 asked Cellino about Agard, belucci & antenucci (right spellings?!) and he said no to all, not suited to championship #lufc
  • Fair enough, I hadn't seen that.
  • dickplumb said:

...... unless you're prepared to pay silly money - then they can leave tomorrow!

• What does Cellino know anyway? Only a couple of weeks ago after appointing their new manager he said he's never heard of him! So what does he know of league 1 players?
  • Sponsored links:

• He's also told all his players they have to live in Leeds City Centre, the new training complex is too far away and that certain players won't be signed due to their birthdays or their favourite type of fruit or something
  • sam3110 said:

He's also told all his players they have to live in Leeds City Centre, the new training complex is too far away and that certain players won't be signed due to their birthdays or their favourite type of fruit or something

Bring your own pack lunches as well!
  • A number of Championship clubs are keeping tabs on Leyton Orient defender Mathieu Baudry, Sky Sports understands.

Baudry has established himself as a key member of Russell Slade's side since arriving from Bournemouth in the summer of 2012.

The highly-rated centre-back impressed last season in helping Orient reach the League One play-off final and his performances have not gone unnoticed higher up the football pyramid.

Baudry was rewarded with a new deal at Orient last summer until 2016, but it is believed the Frenchman has a buy-out clause of £200,000 in his contract.

The news has alerted several sides, with the likes of former club Bournemouth, Brentford and Charlton all tracking Baudry as they look to bolster their defensive options.

http://www.teamtalk.com/bournemouth/9379988/-?
  • Can't see us signing another centre back with RD wanting to see youth players given a chance. One reason Gomez might be happy to stay is because he'll actually get games with us.
  • edited July 2014
    As good a signing as Baudry might be, we now have 5 centre backs for the coming season. We don't need another unless they're Mats Hummels.
  • I think we definitely do need another centre half. Morrison is Championship standard but other than that there's a lot of question marks. Bikey has been bounced around many clubs in the past few years and even though I'm happy with him he might take time to get back up to speed, Ben Haim is much the same story, and the two kids need to have the pressure taken off them. Lennon is older and ahead in the pecking order and should play but he's also untested over an extended period and Joe Gomez is only 17 and needs to be protected. Really I see us as having four centre halves and a youngster who we can use sparingly, and one of those four is also young and inexperienced. If one or two of them pick up an injury we'll be risking putting too much responsibility on the kids. Baudry would be a good partner for Morro. He's 26, in his prime and just coming off the back of a good season
  • edited July 2014
    Scoham said:

Can't see us signing another centre back with RD wanting to see youth players given a chance. One reason Gomez might be happy to stay is because he'll actually get games with us.

Agree with this although either Lennon or Gomez can always be loaned out within the network to get their game time and experience, just saying like.
  • edited July 2014

I think we definitely do need another centre half. Morrison is Championship standard but other than that there's a lot of question marks. Bikey has been bounced around many clubs in the past few years and even though I'm happy with him he might take time to get back up to speed, Ben Haim is much the same story, and the two kids need to have the pressure taken off them. Lennon is older and ahead in the pecking order and should play but he's also untested over an extended period and Joe Gomez is only 17 and needs to be protected. Really I see us as having four centre halves and a youngster who we can use sparingly, and one of those four is also young and inexperienced. If one or two of them pick up an injury we'll be risking putting too much responsibility on the kids. Baudry would be a good partner for Morro. He's 26, in his prime and just coming off the back of a good season

Know what you mean, but I don't think they'd have signed Bikey and Ben Haim if they weren't confident they'd do well for us?
  • edited July 2014
    Scoham said:

A number of Championship clubs are keeping tabs on Leyton Orient defender Mathieu Baudry, Sky Sports understands.

Baudry has established himself as a key member of Russell Slade's side since arriving from Bournemouth in the summer of 2012.

The highly-rated centre-back impressed last season in helping Orient reach the League One play-off final and his performances have not gone unnoticed higher up the football pyramid.

Baudry was rewarded with a new deal at Orient last summer until 2016, but it is believed the Frenchman has a buy-out clause of £200,000 in his contract.

The news has alerted several sides, with the likes of former club Bournemouth, Brentford and Charlton all tracking Baudry as they look to bolster their defensive options.

http://www.teamtalk.com/bournemouth/9379988/-?

I said at the start of the window we should take a look at him, very good player. If we get him I'll be much more comfortable with our CB options.

If it's true that he has a £200,000 buy out clause then we'd be fools not to go for it.
  • What's he like? In FM he's kind of similar to Gomez, mobile, technically good and composed. Probably the sort of partner the others could do with, replacing Dervite.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!