Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

famous people you have met

Comments

• I'm shit with remembering names and most of the time I don't recognise 'famous' people. I don't watch soaps or reality shows (and statistically, very few people do) so meeting any of those people tends to pass me by. I tend to watch films and box sets so those actors are either a lot older now or in the case of the latter, obscure and unknown mostly in the UK (or at least they are to me). I wouldn't recognise most of the Charlton teams for the last ten years let alone any other teams players. England players ? I'd never heard of most of them before Woy picked them. 'Famous' people ? Who the fuck are they ?
  • I've seen many famous people down the years, but never spoken to any of them. Having a piss in the next urinal to Lord Sugar (he was plain Alan Sugar in those days) is as close as I've got!
  • edited July 2016
    ross1 said:

I remember seeing Tom Baker in a small village in Kent a few years ago, he was wearing a white suit, with a large hat. As he went pass me, someone recognised him and called out to him, and he muttered to his female companion, "why will people not leave me alone to shop quietly". Stop wearing that outfit you clown and you will not stick out like a sore thumb

And leave the camp, metal dog at home.
  • ross1 said:

I remember seeing Tom Baker in a small village in Kent a few years ago, he was wearing a white suit, with a large hat. As he went pass me, someone recognised him and called out to him, and he muttered to his female companion, "why will people not leave me alone to shop quietly". Stop wearing that outfit you clown and you will not stick out like a sore thumb

And leave the camp, metal dog at home.
    He should come back earlier when that persons not around
  • Sponsored links:

• ross1 said:

He does, or did, live around Lenham. He's hardly bloody quiet himself. When I saw him down there he said 'Good morning' to somebody six feet away, so loudly that all the people in the street turned round. To have the front to complain is a bit rich. Bloody thespians.

• Hilary Benn and his brother Viscount Stansgate at concert where Daniel Benn (son of the Viscount) was the cello soloist
  • MrLargo said:

Stood behind Brian Cole at The Broadway Cafe in Catford this morning. He ordered an egg sandwich, don't think he had any sauce with it. I ordered a cappuccino with two sugars, paid for it and then went to get my train.

I refused to speak to him, due to his recent admission into the Axis of Evil Incompetence. He didn't speak to me either, presumably because he was either terrified of me or just had no idea who I was.

Exciting morning.

For breakfast its number 3..... EGG SANDWICH!!!!!
  • Love it Lord R. Always interesting to hear what celebs are like when you meet them face to face.
  • Just met Cobie Smulders. Very nice young lady, makes good conversation, quite witty.

About to meet Lee Child. Seems a nice chap.

A few months back I met the Suicide Squad. Of them, Jai Courtney was loads of fun - "I keep making shitty fucking action movies!" And Will Smith was the most charming man alive. Jaded Leto was the opposite.

Here's the video of Will Smith from that day!

http://youtu.be/w9-lX6UyqCk
  • JiMMy 85 said:

Jaded Leto was the opposite.

Lol nice one.... If he looked jaded he definitely couldn't be a charming man.
  • DA9DA9
    edited October 2016
    Not a meet, but drove past Eastenders Nasty Nick (John Altman) in Hampton Wick a few weeks ago.
  • Sponsored links:

• Micky Pearce from OF&H, Patrick Murray, he lived on the ferrier for a while in the early 90's, drank with him once in Greenwich market pub whose name escapes me.
  • Allan Simonsen when I worked as a weekend porter at The Black Prince in about 1982. He seemed very quiet and polite, especially as I didn't see him behind me at the reception desk and nearly trod on his foot as I stepped back.
    He was very small.

Ted Heath and James Callaghan at the same place (not at the same time), having meetings when I brought in the tea and biscuits. They both looked bored rigid.
  • JiMMy 85 said:

Just met Cobie Smulders. Very nice young lady, makes good conversation, quite witty.

About to meet Lee Child. Seems a nice chap.

A few months back I met the Suicide Squad. Of them, Jai Courtney was loads of fun - "I keep making shitty fucking action movies!" And Will Smith was the most charming man alive. Jaded Leto was the opposite.

Here's the video of Will Smith from that day!

http://youtu.be/w9-lX6UyqCk

Lee Child.... Jack Reacher Author?
  • After the Fleetwood match, I visited the pub where Syd Little and his wife run the restaurant. Syd does the front of house activities and was a very pleasant man. I think some other Charlton fans had been there as well
  • The player that was at QPR that always got in trouble, played against us when Jacko got the late winner.....he walked into me in a bar in our hotel we was staying in Jamaica and didnt say sorry, just did a hand gesture, ended up playing against him in a 7 a side football match arranged by the hotel, he was shit, really shit
  • Bob Geldof in London at a charity event about 10 years ago his public moody, sullen demeanor is not an act, he's a miserable shit

In my top 3 people I'd like to punch in the face
  • Rob7Lee said:

I've had lunch with Alan Rickman, Gemma Arterton, Steve McFadden, Neil Morrissey, Richard Wilson and June Whitfield (not at the same time, that would be 'weird as in unique').

Also with Alex Kingston although we didn't eat she just sat on my lap which cost me £50!

Gemma Arterton?? How was that???
  • Rob7Lee said:

I've had lunch with Alan Rickman, Gemma Arterton, Steve McFadden, Neil Morrissey, Richard Wilson and June Whitfield (not at the same time, that would be 'weird as in unique').

Also with Alex Kingston although we didn't eat she just sat on my lap which cost me £50!

Gemma Arterton?? How was that???
    I used to host a table each year at the RADA business lunch, as I helped with the arrangements and table layout and what ex RADA student sat on each table I guess I pulled rank! Really down to earth, as they all were to be fair other than Neil Morrisey who just got totally bladdered and man handled any woman under 30 who was within 5ft of him. McFadden is actually quite shy (and posh!).

Forgot another, one of the McGann brothers, Paul (Dr Who) now he's proper height challenged! Also Richard Attenborough.
  • DA9 said:

Micky Pearce from OF&H, Patrick Murray, he lived on the ferrier for a while in the early 90's, drank with him once in Greenwich market pub whose name escapes me.

Micky used to go into the Admiral Hardy,Greenwich market, had a few drinks with him, last i heard he was in Thailand.