Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

(Belgian) Bob Peeters *CONFIRMED New Head Coach (pg 37)*

Comments

• Options
    Interesting times ahead
  • Options
    I'm going to reserve any comments yet as I know very little about him right now.
  • Options
    That youtube clip with hazard started off looking like an opening scene from the Belgian football factory.........................then ended up looking like Belgium's got talent. Maybe Bob Peeeeeeeeeeeeters is their Simon Cowell?...........
  • Options
    I remember Bob Peeters at Millwall. He wa

I'm going to reserve any comments yet as I know very little about him right now.

Know nothing of his coaching history but I do remember him as a massive target man for Millwall. Sparrows will no doubt give us the Millwall view in due course but I recall Peeters being pretty popular in his time at The New Den.

• Options
    Simonsen said:

I remember Bob Peeters at Millwall. He wa

Know nothing of his coaching history but I do remember him as a massive target man for Millwall. Sparrows will no doubt give us the Millwall view in due course but I recall Peeters being pretty popular in his time at The New Den.

I thought he only played 25 games for them in 3 years? But as I said know very little so could be wrong.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    When it's on the OS.....

IF IF IF it is true then welcome and good luck.

Off to bad start with being an ex-Spanner but he wasn't to know being from Belgium, like : - )

Another bump in the road
  • Options
    Thing is a Belgian that has been managing/coaching in his native land, with a few years experience of this country will better understand how to integrate Liege loanees. He will know the players and how to adapt them etc (in RD's eyes).

I take this as a big hint that most of our business will be internal yet again.
  • Options
    He's only 40, at least we ain't got someone in who's been about the block and achieved nothing, all coaches have to earn their stripes somewhere.
    At 6ft 5 I'm sure he will earn the respect of the dressing room.

People pissed off with the signing already....... Do me a favour, yh gutted Riga won't be in charge (yet) but at least he came in when he did anyway and just thankfull he kept us up.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

shirty5 said:

Roland playing Russian Roulette once again

Were TJ and MS playing Russian roulette when they appointed Chris Powell, who had no managerial experience?

Being a Belgian he is probably aware of the RD model, plus he's played in the country so has first hand experience.

Not anymore of a gamble than the last few appointments this clubs made.
    I agree.

But it will be a gamble just like Man Utd appointing Moyes was.

Some gambles work, some don't.

• Options
    This appointment is just Peeterful!
  • Options
    I remember him as a player. He wasn't bad. Doesn't mean anything though. Seems weird having Riga at the club but not as manager when he did so well last season and has stated that he would like the job. It's unnecessary for Duchatelet to rock the boat like this.
  • Options
    A lot wil depend on what players he has to pick from, and if he is forced to pick RD's choices
  • Options
    A shame if true, Riga deserved the job.
  • Options
    Peeters is a man who is a mid table coach in Belgium, coming here is a chance for him to be seen in England or impress RD and get a shout of taking over Liege.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Thevteam he manages finished 3rd bottom in thr pro league...............just great.

Newly promoted side in 12/13, could be viewed as success not being relegated.
  • Options
    I have but one question: Why?
  • Options
    When someone translates is it me or do you think it needs translating again?? Welcome Bob, hope your stay with us is a successfull one.
  • Options
    I just spoke to a Millwall supporter who said
    "he was mainly a reserve player at Millwall and Charlton can have the shit i don't mind an easy 6 points."

Think he was just trying to scare me lol. To think I entrust him with my son everyday :-/
  • Options
    Does t matter how good you were as a player, Stuart Pearce is a great example of that
  • Options
    edited May 2014

Thevteam he manages finished 3rd bottom in thr pro league...............just great.

Newly promoted side in 12/13, could be viewed as success not being relegated.
    >>>>>>>> second morning on the spin i run around the office flapping my arms in the air shouting Roland what have you done!
    My colleagues are begging me to stop reading CL.
    I agree, only have to look at what Sir Riga done for us!
  • Options
    That article seems to suggest he will head up our youth.

With the suggestion that Paul Hart is going to Man City, it would be excellent if we get Riga in his place. In respect of Peeters, I will wait and see.