Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

(Belgian) Bob Peeters *CONFIRMED New Head Coach (pg 37)*

Comments

• Options

I have heard Riga will be head of youth or director of football
    had a text from someone who works at the club saying riga will be around one way or another

My mate at the club said that last Fridays piss up with him and the team felt like a massive goodbye event... who knows...they dont even know whats going on as members of staff!
  • Options
    Riga will be charge of the academy, watch this space
  • Options
    Yann897 said:

Chunes said:

I have but one question: Why?

Was gutted Powell left, but understood the decision why. Riga going.just seems so.needless when everyone, fans, players, and him wanted it, unless he is being 'promoted' to Leige.

Back to square one again
    Yes, back to square one, exactly what I said on here not long ago about appointing another unknown Belgian coach from the network. I can only hope he will be our Pochettino. Other than that, I'm really not sure how to look at this appointment with a positive attitude.
    He's not from the network , we will have to pay compensation for him, so rd has obviously seen something he likes .
    Or and agent has sold it to him.
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:

Yann897 said:

Chunes said:

Was gutted Powell left, but understood the decision why. Riga going.just seems so.needless when everyone, fans, players, and him wanted it, unless he is being 'promoted' to Leige.

Back to square one again
    Yes, back to square one, exactly what I said on here not long ago about appointing another unknown Belgian coach from the network. I can only hope he will be our Pochettino. Other than that, I'm really not sure how to look at this appointment with a positive attitude.
    He's not from the network , we will have to pay compensation for him, so rd has obviously seen something he likes .
    He likes saying yes a lot?
    Huh?
  • Options
    MrLargo said:

Personally I find this all utterly depressing. I like being able to engage with the players and manager, to feel that they actually have at least some affinity with the club. Under Duchatelet, it feels like we are a nothing more than a temporary holding area or testing ground for players and coaches who are destined to end up somewhere else. Peeters might be rubbish, he might be great - either way, it's hard to imagine him still being here in a year and a half. As for the players, let's just say I wouldn't bother getting anyone's name printed on the back of your kid's overpriced new Charlton shirt.

Nice guess work.
  • Options

Riga will be charge of the academy, watch this space

Why? Why would he accept that demotion when he's already stated that he wanted to continue as head coach?

• Options
    edited May 2014
    Yann897 said:

Chunes said:

Back to square one again
    Well, I'd rather it was 'RD thinks he's better than Riga'. That RD likes him doesn't necessarlily mean he's the right man for the job. Perhaps compared to Riga he's someone who can be more obedient to RD, which I'm sure RD likes. Riga not playing any of the network players may have led to RD's ultimate decision to replace him despite the fact that he managed to keep us up. This is of course only my guess. I sincerely hope this Bob Peeters will bring us success - after all, we all want to see our club do well no matter who's in charge. But now I'm anxious and much less hopeful than I was two weeks ago.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    6' 5" centre forward.....hmmmm....number 9 shirt?
  • Options
    edited May 2014

From into the valley
    I support the current team of Bob Peeters, Waasland-Beveren. I have been following Charlton Athletic for some months now.

First of all, i don't understand RD. Riga did a great job and is loved by the players and the fans. Why replace him? RD is known in Belgian for his strange decisions in football, sometimes he's right though... Maybe Riga gets another position of maybe he wants to leave Charlton...

About Bob Peeters... If he leaves us, this will be sad thing for us. He's very popular with the players and the fans. We were at the bottom of the table when he took over. He managed to motivate the players and saved us from relegation. In the second half of the season we had one of the best defences of the league, were unbeaten for a long time. We won against Club Brugge in their stadium, a draw against Standard de Liege in the last game of the regular competition, ... He's a good coach, also tactical and stands close to his players. He has a good way of communicating with the fans, a very funny guy also.

When he took over, someone in the media said that even Mourinho could not save uw from relegation... Bop Peeters did it anyway, so we call him Bob Mourinho now ;-)

• Options

Cheers needed a good laugh:
    My favourite 2 so far:

Posted 21/5/2014 08:16
    #1377260 - in reply to #1377247
    Subject: Re: Bob Peeters NW

can't believe how s**t anoraks are these days

Posted 21/5/2014 08:25
    #1377264 - in reply to #1377260

Minus the average away support and free tickets at The Valley and they average around the same as us these days...but by charging about a third less.
    Well it's a fact that we take more in gate receipts than you. You're not a premier league club anymore you know.

• Options
    What players are gonna want to sign for us on the strength of our new untried,unknown ex-scum manager, im dissapointed and underwhelmed with this news,may turn out a masterstroke but can only feel that this mans credentials do not look good enough to be our manager.Didnt like Riga and Dont like this appointment,might as well of got Jamie Day in from welling although he was probably out of our budget,gutted!!
  • Options
    Yann897 said:

From into the valley
    I support the current team of Bob Peeters, Waasland-Beveren. I have been following Charlton Athletic for some months now.

First of all, i don't understand RD. Riga did a great job and is loved by the players and the fans. Why replace him? RD is known in Belgian for his strange decisions in football, sometimes he's right though... Maybe Riga gets another position of maybe he wants to leave Charlton...

About Bob Peeters... If he leaves us, this will be sad thing for us. He's very popular with the players and the fans. We were at the bottom of the table when he took over. He managed to motivate the players and saved us from relegation. In the second half of the season we had one of the best defences of the league, were unbeaten for a long time. We won against Club Brugge in their stadium, a draw against Standard de Liege in the last game of the regular competition, ... He's a good coach, also tactical and stands close to his players. He has a good way of communicating with the fans, a very funny guy also.

When he took over, someone in the media said that even Mourinho could not save uw from relegation... Bop Peeters did it anyway, so we call him Bob Mourinho now ;-)

That sounds positive and authentic, it has to be said.

• Options
    No more Millwall / Charlton banter on this thread please, will be deleted
  • Options
    http://www.coachworldranking.com/coaches/bob-peeters.aspx

On this site he is ranked the 600th best coach in the world (whatever that means!!) - up from 1200th in January and has been as high as the 300's. Bit like a horse - back it while it's going up the handicap!
  • Options

So let's see. We sack a much-loved manager in Chris Powell and Uncle Roland strikes lucky in appointing his replacement, Jose Riga, who does an amazing job in the circumstances of a) maintaining the spirit in the club built up by Chris Powell and b) keeping us up. So Uncle Roland now gets rid of Riga for whatever reason and decides instead to appoint yet another coach. Let's hope Uncle Roland's luck holds.

As worryingly, I can only assume we await more quality signings from Uncle Roland's stables instead of good, hardened Championship players. Oh, and best wishes to Hamer and Dervite at their new clubs. Presumably to be joined by Morrison and Poyet in escaping the madhouse.

Mark me firmly down in the this is not going to end well camp.

Reports are that Riga didn't want the job.

Can we not wait until the actual facts come out?
    Trouble is Gal, you know full well the facts won't come out, like the reasons given for Powell getting shoved. All I know is Riga told players, staff at the club, and supporters that he wanted the job. He did an interview last week where he said he wanted the job and had told Roland that he wanted the job. The bloke has an air of class about him and I don't have him done as being a two-faced game player.

And now it appears he hasn't got the job.

Throw 'Milan' into the mix maybe, but it don't believe regardless of the club, a football manager with a bit of stature will ever reject a decent Number 1 position to be a back room staff member elsewhere.

But Dan, didn't RD (or the club) release a statement saying there was a disagreement on strategy with CP? Whether RD also thought the football was shite played a factor remains to be seen, but you wouldn't blame him. The Sheff Utd performance was a real low and not something I've seen since Parkinson's mob at Millwall. Maybe RD didn't think it was right to publicly criticise a club legend.

He may have done an interview two weeks ago, but two weeks is a long time in football. Are the terms for a new position better?

The Belgian journo seems to think that Peeters is excellent with youngsters and will be good for us. At the moment, thats all we've got to go on.

I just don't think its right to get all depressed or dismissive before pen has been put to paper.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Yann897 said:

From into the valley

Jose Riga did the same...with Charlton. Why change it?
    well the reports coming out of Belgium now is he didn't want Charlton job long term , well that's what it said when I translated in on google .
  • Options

No more Millwall / Charlton banter on this thread please, will be deleted

there wasn't no "banter" , there was a comment made which caused a retaliation .. that is all , I could have said alot worse
  • Options

Cheers needed a good laugh:
    My favourite 2 so far:

Posted 21/5/2014 08:16
    #1377260 - in reply to #1377247

can't believe how s**t anoraks are these days

Posted 21/5/2014 08:25
    #1377264 - in reply to #1377260

Minus the average away support and free tickets at The Valley and they average around the same as us these days...but by charging about a third less.
    Well it's a fact that we take more in gate receipts than you. You're not a premier league club anymore you know.

And you never have been and never will be.
  • Options
    Yann897 said:

Yann897 said:

From into the valley

Jose Riga did the same...with Charlton. Why change it?
    well the reports coming out of Belgium now is he didn't want Charlton job long term , well that's what it said when I translated in on google .
    Shame that.
  • Options

he looks like a double hard bastard

That's what I was thinking, I don't think the players are gonna pick a fight with this chap.
  • Options
    From the BBC...

The local paper welcomed him in London with the headline "Arsene who?" but when his side meet Chelsea on Saturday, Arsene Wenger will reach 1,000 games in charge of Arsenal.

So I say Bob Who? Roll on the next 1000 Charlton matches

• Options
    Bob peeters tactical genius.

Doesn't quite have the same ring to it :(