Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

(Belgian) Bob Peeters *CONFIRMED New Head Coach (pg 37)*

Comments

• Options
    Granpa said:

That article seems to suggest he will head up our youth.

With the suggestion that Paul Hart is going to Man City, it would be excellent if we get Riga in his place. In respect of Peeters, I will wait and see.

Milan or New Eltham?

• Options
    If true then good luck bob. 100% support from me. I'm sceptical if I'm allowed to be but I was also sceptical with cp.
  • Options

Yann897 said:

Isn't every new manager a gamble? , ffs give him a chance , just because he played for millwall , you do know Powell played for palace , I wanted Riga aswell but I'm gonna give him a chance like I gave Riga .

Who are you asking to give him a chance Yann? Haven't seen anyone say anything particularly negative...are you just getting in early?
    Ha fair enough only see wss say Charlton season Peeters out , to be fair I should of been more clear if you read twitter or Facebook loads of people ranting saying we're already down ect .
  • Options

An interesting appointment.

Jose Riga = the Hans Jeppson of Charlton managers ?
  • Options
    If the Belgian pronunciation is the same as Dutch, a double E sounds like an A so his name is pronounced PATERS. I expect no-one, including Bob, will mind too much and we will all call him PETERS anyway. That's the only useful comment I could come up with!
  • Options
    WSS said:
    Fair enough. Thank you Jose and you're welcome back any time.

Welcome Bobby Peeters. At least he has experience in losing at Millwall.
  • Options
    At the end of the day people saying why not Riga , but it could be loads of things ,
    he might want to much money,
    He might of already promised the job to Bob,
    Riga might want the youth team
    Rd might have offered Riga sporting director job .

Let's just wait and see , slowly theres a few Belgium journalists saying a lot of good things about Peeters millwall or not if he does well with us I don't care.
  • Options
    Agent Peeters FFS

At least he sort of sounds British . Maybe that was in Rolands thinking?
  • Options
    So if it's true that Riga didn't want the job and is going onto other things, will RD get an apology from some on here?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2014
    Simonsen said:

I remember Bob Peeters at Millwall. He wa

I'm going to reserve any comments yet as I know very little about him right now.

Know nothing of his coaching history but I do remember him as a massive target man for Millwall. Sparrows will no doubt give us the Millwall view in due course but I recall Peeters being pretty popular in his time at The New Den.

As a player I thought he was crap. Don't recall him being popular, it was a decade ago though. As a manager no idea.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Yann897 said:

At the end of the day people saying why not Riga , but it could be loads of things ,

Let's just wait and see , slowly theres a few Belgium journalists saying a lot of good things about Peeters millwall or not if he does well with us I don't care.

Correct Yann we just dont know, we need to pass judgement on results so yes we will have to wait and see, problem is it doesnt help when mods throw in a bit of scare mongering.
  • Options

So if it's true that Riga didn't want the job and is going onto other things, will RD get an apology from some on here?

Maybe I'm misinterpreting it but I get the impression that Riga was not offered the first team coach role but the youth set up role. He didn't want that so scooted back to Milan.
  • Options

waasland-beveren.be/2014/05/reactie-clubleiding-op-berichtgeving-rond-bob-peeters/

He looks happy in this pic. Can someone translate the page?

Now I'm at work I've translated the article, sounds like the club didn't know he was talking to us-

The club was unpleasantly surprised by the reports in the media about the imminent departure of our head coach Bob Peeters , despite Tuesday already reached our first smoke signals . Those rumors have been around for obvious reasons initially considered not credible . We can only note that Bob Peeters an official commitment to Waasland - Beveren until mid- 2015. Club as

Preparations for next season progressed so far in perfect agreement with Bob Peeters . The last exchange on transfers dating only last Monday .

Today we will have contact with Bob Peeters to discuss the state but possess the necessary realism , however, to realize that the value of a contract today is relative. The argument would be a cancellation fee of three months are incorrect .

If the rumors are correct, the club above regrets that no prior authorization was requested by Bob Peeters around the table to sit on a contract offer

• Options
    Mmm peeters pies.
  • Options

waasland-beveren.be/2014/05/reactie-clubleiding-op-berichtgeving-rond-bob-peeters/

He looks happy in this pic. Can someone translate the page?

Now I'm at work I've translated the article, sounds like the club didn't know he was talking to us-

The club was unpleasantly surprised by the reports in the media about the imminent departure of our head coach Bob Peeters , despite Tuesday already reached our first smoke signals . Those rumors have been around for obvious reasons initially considered not credible . We can only note that Bob Peeters an official commitment to Waasland - Beveren until mid- 2015. Club as

Preparations for next season progressed so far in perfect agreement with Bob Peeters . The last exchange on transfers dating only last Monday .

Today we will have contact with Bob Peeters to discuss the state but possess the necessary realism , however, to realize that the value of a contract today is relative. The argument would be a cancellation fee of three months are incorrect .

If the rumors are correct, the club above regrets that no prior authorization was requested by Bob Peeters around the table to sit on a contract offer

Smoke signals? Were they from Red Division? Had to be a Tuesday as well. We only win on Tuesdays.

• Options
    edited May 2014
    I'm gutted that it's not Riga, but we don't know the reason for that yet. Have no idea about Peeters (only heard of him for the first time about 15 minutes ago), but perhaps Waasland-Beveren's league position shouldn't be looked into too much. This is taken from a Belgian article (translated by Google):

"Again to higher regions Peeters, who is considered the architect of the remarkable preservation of Waasland-Beveren this season, still has a contract on the Freethiel."

http://www.nieuwsblad.be/sportwereld/cnt/dmf20140520_01113217
  • Options
    Wonder how long it will take millwank to start saying Agent Bob.
  • Options
    Welcome Bob. Best of luck!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    This is the Dutch wikipedia page on Peeters, which gives a bit more detail on his managerial career so far than the English version: http://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bob_Peeters

It doesn't translate very well - some very peculiar references to stabbing, and a former Anderlecht coach is quoted as saying of Peeters "I already saw the germs from someone who can make it as a trainer", which could be of concern to people with season tickets near the dugouts.

In summary, would appear that he showed a great deal of promise as a coach at Gent and had 2 good years at Cercle Brugge, where he apparently managed to beat the top sides on a fairly regular basis, before a disastrous start to the 2012/13 season saw him get the sack. He returned to Gent as manager/head coach on 1 November 2012 and was sacked on 3 January 2013 after managing only 3 points from a possible 27. Took over at Waasland-Beveren in November 2013 - they were 15th (2nd from bottom) when he took over and finished 14th, safe from relegation.

• Options
    Brought in on Poyet's say so - fact!!!

maybe.
  • Options

Chunes said:

I have but one question: Why?

Was gutted Powell left, but understood the decision why. Riga going.just seems so.needless when everyone, fans, players, and him wanted it, unless he is being 'promoted' to Leige.

Back to square one again
    Yes, back to square one, exactly what I said on here not long ago about appointing another unknown Belgian coach from the network. I can only hope he will be our Pochettino. Other than that, I'm really not sure how to look at this appointment with a positive attitude.
  • Options
    edited May 2014

Yann897 said:

it doesnt help when mods throw in a bit of scare mongering.
    Scaremongering? Behave. I'm posting my initial opinion on a football forum, like you did after every defeat for 18months wanting to get a manager sacked. Have I no right to post what my opinion is just because I moderate as well?

For the record, I 'back' every Charlton manager, like I backed Riga even though I was gutted Powell got canned.

I just don't like the fact this will be our third management set up in three months, the potential problems with constant change, and that a decent looking situation for whatever reason, hasn't happened. That once again, everything about about our club seems to occur in another country and we have to wait for other countries journos to report about it before the fans know anything. .

There was always a big chance that we would have 3 managers in 3 months because Riga only signed until the end of the season.
    The more I read of Peeters the more I like coyr !
  • Options
    edited May 2014

Yann897 said:

it doesnt help when mods throw in a bit of scare mongering.
    Scaremongering? Behave. I'm posting my initial opinion on a football forum, like you did after every defeat for 18months wanting to get a manager sacked. Have I no right to post what my opinion is just because I moderate as well?

For the record, I 'back' every Charlton manager, like I backed Riga even though I was gutted Powell got canned.

I just don't like the fact this will be our third management set up in three months, the potential problems with constant change, and that a decent looking situation for whatever reason, hasn't happened. That once again, everything about about our club seems to occur in another country and we have to wait for other countries journos to report about it before the fans know anything. .

tbf tho this is probably a big story in Belgian football where as a potential Charlton manager in this country is small news.
  • Options
    We knew from the start that Riga was short term although i would of been pleased if he was given the job full time - i did post my opinion i agree after every match for 18 months because i always thought the football under Powell was dog shit, that was something i witnessed at 90% of home matches, just seems to me that some are writng Bob of already before he has been even annouced or even a match has been played which i personally find bizzare.
  • Options
    I too had not heard of him except vaguely remembering that he was an ex Spanner , I never paid much attention to Millwall until we started to play them again. Slightly gutted Riga is not returning as I thought he was excellent in his short spell in charge.

I hope as fans we do not use the fact he played down the road against him. The last thing we would need is the toxic atmosphere that their fans created for Lomas . On another point I definitely can't see Poyet staying now and reckon on the playing side it is all change.
  • Options
    Huskaris said:

Don't get attached to anything, or anyone at Charlton.

We are becoming a club of journeymen.

Game of Thrones anyone?