Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

(Belgian) Bob Peeters *CONFIRMED New Head Coach (pg 37)*

Comments

• Options
    edited May 2014
    skywalker said:

You guys gonna enjoy Bob. He's got a terrific sense of humor, is very intelligent and is a really great coach ... and he speaks English ! All the best for the next season ...

Oh thats good,ive changed my mind now welcome Sir Bob Peeters can you please help Jim Davidson with some new material

• Options

shirty5 said:

Roland playing Russian Roulette once again

Were TJ and MS playing Russian roulette when they appointed Chris Powell, who had no managerial experience?

Being a Belgian he is probably aware of the RD model, plus he's played in the country so has first hand experience.

Not anymore of a gamble than the last few appointments this clubs made.
    Not when you had a fella pick up 24 points from 16 games who is popular with players and supporters alike. Crazy decision when Riga should have been given what he wanted.
  • Options
    Cant see how this is going to end in any way happily for us,his record is not exactly awe inspiring. I wait with baited breath and hope to be proved very wrong :(
  • Options
    Copied from another site.

I support the current team of Bob Peeters, Waasland-Beveren. I have been following Charlton Athletic for some months now.

First of all, i don't understand RD. Riga did a great job and is loved by the players and the fans. Why replace him? RD is known in Belgian for his strange decisions in football, sometimes he's right though... Maybe Riga gets another position of maybe he wants to leave Charlton...

About Bob Peeters... If he leaves us, this will be sad thing for us. He's very popular with the players and the fans. We were at the bottom of the table when he took over. He managed to motivate the players and saved us from relegation. In the second half of the season we had one of the best defences of the league, were unbeaten for a long time. We won against Club Brugge in their stadium, a draw against Standard de Liege in the last game of the regular competition, ... He's a good coach, also tactical and stands close to his players. He has a good way of communicating with the fans, a very funny guy also.

When he took over, someone in the media said that even Mourinho could not save uw from relegation... Bop Peeters did it anyway, so we call him Bob Mourinho now ;-)

• Options

From the BBC...

The local paper welcomed him in London with the headline "Arsene who?" but when his side meet Chelsea on Saturday, Arsene Wenger will reach 1,000 games in charge of Arsenal.

So I say Bob Who? Roll on the next 1000 Charlton matches

That says more about the ignorance of our press. Wenger's record pre-Arsenal:

Monaco
    Ligue 1: 1987–88
    Coupe de France: 1990–91
    Nagoya Grampus
    Emperor's Cup: 1995
    J-League Super Cup: 1996
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

shirty5 said:

Were TJ and MS playing Russian roulette when they appointed Chris Powell, who had no managerial experience?

Being a Belgian he is probably aware of the RD model, plus he's played in the country so has first hand experience.

Not when you had a fella pick up 24 points from 16 games who is popular with players and supporters alike. Crazy decision when Riga should have been given what he wanted.
    Until we know the reasoning behind Riga not being given the job how can we slate the man at the top.

If Riga turns around and says they didn't want me, then RD should be criticised.
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

shirty5 said:

Don't know how many more times I have to put this .
    Apparently according to the Belgian press Riga didn't want the job long term !
  • Options
    mrbligh said:

How does he manage to find the.only Feckin Belgian that's played for Millwall?

Rd my son, you are a belmet

So what do you really think that matters if he does well with us. , you do know Powell was ex palace don't ya ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Simonsen said:

I remember Bob Peeters at Millwall. He wa

I'm going to reserve any comments yet as I know very little about him right now.

Know nothing of his coaching history but I do remember him as a massive target man for Millwall. Sparrows will no doubt give us the Millwall view in due course but I recall Peeters being pretty popular in his time at The New Den.

I thought he only played 25 games for them in 3 years? But as I said know very little so could be wrong.
    That could well be right. I remember him joining and the Millwall fans taking to him pretty well. Whether he left on good terms though.....
  • Options

shirty5 said:

shirty5 said:

Until we know the reasoning behind Riga not being given the job how can we slate the man at the top.

If Riga turns around and says they didn't want me, then RD should be criticised.

It may be because Riga has been offered a post with another club (youth development - AC Milan) & if true then it may just be a job he couldn't turn down.

then again - if that turns out to be b****x and RD has just decided to go against the flow then it will be pelters for peteers.
  • Options
    mrbligh said:

You have obviously overlooked Pat Van Den Hauwe, who would be in many people's top 10 of all-time hated opponents...
  • Options
    Just had a read about this online. W-B aren't happy about this story and say there isn't a release clause in his contract, which runs to June 2015. They are accusing RD of going behind their back to tap up "The Great/Big Bob".
  • Options
    Hasn't even been announced yet, although sounds likely. If he comes in good luck to him. At the end of the day whoever is in charge i want us to succeed. Whether i like managers as people or not (always hated Pardew) doesn't count for anything its how the team performs at the end of the day. I'm not bothered about Millwall abusing us about Peeters being a cr#p player, its how he is as a manager that counts now. If that feedback is genuine from the Waasland-Beveren fan then it sounds positive on a motivational front. Lets see what he can do.
  • Options
    More change and upheaval....

• Options
    BOBBY P'S RED ARMY!

Chant is sorted already
  • Options
    Jdredsox said:

Just had a read about this online. W-B aren't happy about this story and say there isn't a release clause in his contract, which runs to June 2015. They are accusing RD of going behind their back to tap up "The Great/Big Bob".

What, there isn't a clause that says he can move further north to be nearer his family?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I have heard Riga will be head of youth or director of football
    had a text from someone who works at the club saying riga will be around one way or another

Only just catching up with these posts but really hope this is true.

As others have said, Jose definitely wanted to stay at our Club but maybe "on his terms" rankled with RD .....

However, a Youth/Director of Football role would ensure a welcome degree of continuity which, if he doesn't stay in some capacity, could effect the players, albeit initially.

Word has it that the rumour of PH to Man City is set in stone so a vacancy will exist at SL. I can think of no-one better to lead our young 'uns onwards & upwards than the guy who turned Callum & Marvin into superstars "overnight" but I would hope that Steve Avory for one would remain in post at the Academy.

Que sera sera etc but have everything crossed that JR will be part of the Charlton family again come the end of the month.

You know it makes sense, Roland !

• Options

I have heard Riga will be head of youth or director of football
    had a text from someone who works at the club saying riga will be around one way or another

My mate at the club said that last Fridays piss up with him and the team felt like a massive goodbye event... who knows...they dont even know whats going on as members of staff!
    Really ????

I believe most of the players were away on holiday !

• Options
    mrbligh said:

So what do you really think that matters if he does well with us. , you do know Powell was ex palace don't ya ?

Yann897 said:

shirty5 said:

shirty5 said:

Yo don't have to put anything. We only have one individual journalist who has suggested it, and it is not clear what "it" is. It could have been the youth job he was offered. ValleyGary suggest to wait until we have clear reports. You would be well advised to take his advice, rather than attempting to have a scrap with every single person who writes something which differs from how you currently see something.
    It's not argueing is it ? It's a forum and I'm just saying to the people why not Riga and giving them an answer as TWO journos have wrote.
  • Options
    Would be good if Riga is still involved at the club. That way if Bob turns out to be a bad choice Jose is there to save the day again.
  • Options
    Read the thread on Paul Hart. Riga is long gone.
  • Options

Yann897 said:

shirty5 said:

shirty5 said:

Yo don't have to put anything. We only have one individual journalist who has suggested it, and it is not clear what "it" is. It could have been the youth job he was offered. ValleyGary suggest to wait until we have clear reports. You would be well advised to take his advice, rather than attempting to have a scrap with every single person who writes something which differs from how you currently see something.
    Oh the irony.
  • Options
    Full support from me, but hope Riga stays in some capacity just in case our Bob is blooming hopeless.
  • Options
    edited May 2014

• Options
    I cant wait for the press conference;

RD; "The fans were on my case, wanting an appointment this week. JR and the club were unable to agree satisfactory terms, although I believe that with a little more time it would have been resolved - bids were already in on all players on JR's 'wishlist'.
    As a result of the pressure put on me by Charlton Life, I have acted swiftly in appointing an up-and-coming young manager....

Now the twats are on my case as he played for the Scum. It brings me a little bit of pleasure in telling them that player signings will now be delayed further as I will need BP to identify the targets he would like to work with going forward."