Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

(Belgian) Bob Peeters *CONFIRMED New Head Coach (pg 37)*

Comments

• Options
    One positive note from this rumour.

Singing " When the RRR comes BOB BOB BOBBIN' along" would make the new guy feel at home straight away....
  • Options
    Shame that Riga won't be sticking around as Head Coach any more but from the way this seems to have been progressing it wouldn't surprise me if RD has been chasing this Peeters for a little while and JR was only ever a stop gap/temporary solution in the first place. Peeters is relatively young, cheap, and it must be admitted unproven in the long term, but RD presumably sees him as an investment rather than a finished product right now.

Needs to be sorted out quickly though, hopefully we will see some activity with players joining/signing new contracts too.
  • Options
    I would suggest it would better for us if Riga was appointed DOF at SL than it would be DOF at Charlton - that way he would have more effect on our first team squad - strangely, and there lies the problem I would suggest.

Best of luck to Bob
  • Options

Would be over the moon if Riga was DOF.

Dyer gone
    Hart gone

Riga - Director of Football
    Peeters - Head Coach
    Avory - Academy Manager

Thats what I'm hoping.

Sounds good and I wouldn't be unhappy but how would you feel if there is no director of football and no Riga?
  • Options

Dyer gone
    Hart gone

Peeters - Head Coach
    Avory - Academy Manager

Thats what I'm hoping.

Sounds good and I wouldn't be unhappy but how would you feel if there is no director of football and no Riga?
    That's enough, Henry !!!!

I'm running out of tissues !

• Options

Yann897 said:

shirty5 said:

shirty5 said:

Roland playing Russian Roulette once again

Were TJ and MS playing Russian roulette when they appointed Chris Powell, who had no managerial experience?

Being a Belgian he is probably aware of the RD model, plus he's played in the country so has first hand experience.

Not anymore of a gamble than the last few appointments this clubs made.
    Not when you had a fella pick up 24 points from 16 games who is popular with players and supporters alike. Crazy decision when Riga should have been given what he wanted.
    Don't know how many more times I have to put this .
    Apparently according to the Belgian press Riga didn't want the job long term !
    Yo don't have to put anything. We only have one individual journalist who has suggested it, and it is not clear what "it" is. It could have been the youth job he was offered. ValleyGary suggest to wait until we have clear reports. You would be well advised to take his advice, rather than attempting to have a scrap with every single person who writes something which differs from how you currently see something.
    Oh the irony.
    Indeed.

• Options
    edited May 2014

Dyer gone
    Hart gone

Peeters - Head Coach
    Avory - Academy Manager

Thats what I'm hoping.

Well i wouldn't be as happy, but would certainly give Peeters the time and support i would any new man in charge at the Valley.

I would also find it strange that RD is changing the structures within the playing side management but not having a DOF. Who would be in charge of transfers, contracts etc. As a Head Coach its very unlikely to be Peeters. With a whole summer ahead of us, now would be the time to get this settled structure in place.
  • Options

Dyer gone
    Hart gone

Peeters - Head Coach
    Avory - Academy Manager

Thats what I'm hoping.

I would have thought a Director of Football was a necessary appointment alongside a Head Coach otherwise you'd just appoint a manager?
  • Options
    Yann897 said:

mrbligh said:

How does he manage to find the.only Feckin Belgian that's played for Millwall?

Rd my son, you are a belmet

So what do you really think that matters if he does well with us. , you do know Powell was ex palace don't ya ?
    Don't care. He's still a belmet
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Bobby Peeters red and white army...
  • Options

Don't know if this has been posted

The club was unpleasantly surprised by the reports in the media about the imminent departure of our head coach Bob Peeters, despite Tuesday already reached our first smoke signals. Those rumors have been around for obvious reasons initially considered not credible. We can only note that Bob Peeters an official commitment to Waasland-Beveren until mid-2015. Club as

Preparations for next season progressed so far in perfect agreement with Bob Peeters. The last mutual consultation on transfers dating only last Monday. Today we will have contact with Bob Peeters to discuss the situation. The argument would be a cancellation fee of three months there is incorrect. There are other clear contractual conditions applicable.

If the coverage of a departure from Bob Peeters proves to be true, the club above regrets that no prior authorization was requested by Bob Peeters around the table to sit on a contract offer.
  • Options
    mrbligh said:

Yann897 said:

mrbligh said:

How does he manage to find the.only Feckin Belgian that's played for Millwall?

Rd my son, you are a belmet

So what do you really think that matters if he does well with us. , you do know Powell was ex palace don't ya ?
    Don't care. He's still a belmet
    Yeah what a horrible man saving our club from administration ect I won't go on because it's all been said .
  • Options
    Yann897 said:

Don't know if this has been posted

The club was unpleasantly surprised by the reports in the media about the imminent departure of our head coach Bob Peeters, despite Tuesday already reached our first smoke signals. Those rumors have been around for obvious reasons initially considered not credible. We can only note that Bob Peeters an official commitment to Waasland-Beveren until mid-2015. Club as

Preparations for next season progressed so far in perfect agreement with Bob Peeters. The last mutual consultation on transfers dating only last Monday. Today we will have contact with Bob Peeters to discuss the situation. The argument would be a cancellation fee of three months there is incorrect. There are other clear contractual conditions applicable.

If the coverage of a departure from Bob Peeters proves to be true, the club above regrets that no prior authorization was requested by Bob Peeters around the table to sit on a contract offer.

Just confirming they want compo.

• Options
    Jeez Louise! Lighten up roly!
  • Options

From another forum
    Fan of Bob Peeters club.
    Yeah that's unfortunately the sad reality for many clubs. Sometimes it might work out, sometimes not. Same thing happened to a club I root for. But after lots of mismanagement from people who did have a bond with the club (or supposed to have one) I realised that the very same people didn't treat the club that well either, or we wouldn't have been in such a bad position to begin with.

Roland Duchatelet is a very rational guy. I remember a legendary interview on Belgian TV about new billionaires (long before he entered football). He refused to buy a dishwasher, because doing the dishes manually was not only faster but it was also the only guaranteed time during the day he would do something together with his wife. In business he always seems to be lightyears ahead (around 2000 he already had a company that did what youtube / google are doing today).

My point being, he is now buying clubs at different 'levels' so they can exchange players between them, rather than having to pay crazy prices for players. And in a way it makes sense. It might work out or not, but if it does it can be golden. Personally I'd rather have a guy like RD invest in my club who has a long term plan and who has proven himself/ his visionary skills over and over in business, than some dubious russian mob guy who just sees the club as a toy. The only thing RD should learn is that he knows jack shit about football, and let other people advise him (which he seem to have realised lately it seems).

Bob Peeters fits into that concept, to my humble opinion.
  • Options
    According to a Wikipedia page he is a "Top Lad!"
  • Options
    Here's what I've found out about Bob Peeters from our Belgian Football Analyst at work:

"He's done ok for Waasland, preventing them from getting relegated. Has mostly played a 4-3-3 this season, build their attack around a big target man with tricky/flair wingers. Reasonably respected for the job he's done this season, not so much for his spell at Gent."
  • Options
    Hello Guys,

I decided to join this forum to speak a little bit about people you might now know such as Bob and José (well you know him now).

Actually Bob Peeters never succeeded anything during his career as a trainer but fact is that he never trained any "good team", basically he always had to train the ones fighting to stay in our Premier League. The only time he had one of the big ones he failed and was sacked (but his successor couldn't do better so it was more linked to the quality of the team).

So while Riga already had some experiences as a trainer, and it was almost sure he would succeed keeping Charlton in the Championship, it's hard to tell what Bob will be able to do.

As for Riga , a Belgian newspaper stated that he wanted to stay and that he wasn't informed it wouldn't be the case: http://www.dhnet.be/sports/football/bob-peeters-signe-a-charlton-et-riga-tombe-des-nues-537c75813570102383cdd803
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    dabos said:

Here's what I've found out about Bob Peeters from our Belgian Football Analyst at work:

"He's done ok for Waasland, preventing them from getting relegated. Has mostly played a 4-3-3 this season, build their attack around a big target man with tricky/flair wingers. Reasonably respected for the job he's done this season, not so much for his spell at Gent."

No Kermorgant, and we have Danny Green and co.. Hmmmmm, good luck big man.
  • Options

dabos said:

Has he re-signed?
  • Options
    Disappointed in this to be honest, but I'll still give Peeters 100% support as manager if true. His habit of keeping teams from getting relegated could come in useful next season...

Lets hope that Roland knows what he's doing. Riga clearly was the right call so perhaps this will be an inspired choice as well.
  • Options

dabos said:

Has he re-signed?
    Good point, not been keeping an eye on it... we're not renown for our tricky wingers though, lol
  • Options
    @RichCawleySLP: Told there is another option open for #cafc regarding head coach process. Peeters still the favourite for it though.
  • Options
    Thanks for the input guys; always good to get some perspective other than purely what the stats reveal.
  • Options
    José Riga, which has managed to keep Charlton, however, is replaced overnight by ... Bob Peeters!

Wednesday, José Riga had yet been Duchâtelet Roland on the line, it felt to want to give a little time to think before making a decision. This means that if Charlton out of trouble in the Premiership now to the general satisfaction fell down from his chair Thursday morning learning the appointment of Bob Peeters at the head of "Addicks. "

"Even if no renewal clause had been expected at the signing of the contract binding me to the London club, which I gladly accepted, I do not imagine for a moment that it stops this way , so brutally. Without bragging on my part, including supporters, we had been very satisfied with the good turn of events and the work I could do in a competition that I had a lot of fun to discover. Now, to know why I have no voice, it remains a total mystery to me. "

• Options
    @ChrisSlegg: Charlton managerial target Bob Peeters will meet with the board of his current club Waasland Beveren today, the Belgian club tell me #cafc
  • Options
    @ChrisSlegg: Charlton managerial target Bob Peeters will meet with the board of his current club Waasland Beveren today, the Belgian club tell me #cafc