Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Chris O'Grady linked (rumoured £500k bid accepted)

Comments

• Options
    edited May 2014
    hard to keep up with what's going on! Does somebody managing better than me fancy doing a summary post on the weekend of what's happened since the end of the season(who's gone, who's in, strongest rumours etc)? Could perhaps be something revisited on a monthly basis over the summer?

With regard to penalties, more interesting stat would be number of penalties won by a striker.
  • Options
    I'm not saying he is like mendonca. Just the circumstances under which we could sign him are similar. A good omen maybe.
  • Options

Well. Clive mendonca scored 19 goals in a struggling and eventually relegated Grimsby side before we signed him for £700,000.

I think it's safe to say that O'Grady is no Mendonca. He's a decent enough forward for our level but he is nowhere near Mendonca.
    Your missing the point mate, Mendonca wasn't the player Mendonca was when he was 26/27, his goal tally in the first 10 years wasn't the greatest, players come good and unless you can look into the future you cant say tha COG wont prove to be a good a striker as Mendonca
  • Options
    Plaaayer said:

Salad said:

hard to keep up with what's going on! Does somebody managing better than me fancy doing a summary post on the weekend of what's happened since the end of the season(who's gone, who's in, strongest rumours etc)? Could perhaps be something revisited on a monthly basis over the summer?

With regard to penalties, more interesting stat would be number of penalties won by a striker.

Dickplumb has gone, Greenie Junior was thinking about joining him but hasn't made up his mind, he might instead get a t-shirt saying "I was going to give this place a wide berth but thought a t-shirt saying it was the next best thing"

Yann897 has joined, left for a day then came back only to post twice as may times as before and byl has come in on loan from Belgium.
    I didn't leave for a day I just didn't post to prove how much you would all miss me ;) Ever the comedian plaaayer.
  • Options
    Plaaayer said:

Salad said:

Dickplumb has gone, Greenie Junior was thinking about joining him but hasn't made up his mind, he might instead get a t-shirt saying "I was going to give this place a wide berth but thought a t-shirt saying it was the next best thing"

Yann897 has joined, left for a day then came back only to post twice as may times as before and byl has come in on loan from Belgium.
    I have had a offer from another forum waiting to see what Mr Peeters offers me to stay
  • Options

Well. Clive mendonca scored 19 goals in a struggling and eventually relegated Grimsby side before we signed him for £700,000.

I think it's safe to say that O'Grady is no Mendonca. He's a decent enough forward for our level but he is nowhere near Mendonca.
    Your missing the point mate, Mendonca wasn't the player Mendonca was when he was 26/27, his goal tally in the first 10 years wasn't the greatest, players come good and unless you can look into the future you cant say tha COG wont prove to be a good a striker as Mendonca
    I didn't just mean in terms of goals, but in general play, intelligence, skill etc. They are different players though and I do rate COG as a target man who can score goals.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    I don’t believe we would pay 500k for him but who knows. If we got him for 300k I’d be happy, pushes Church further down the squad.
  • Options
    he's going Millwall anyway
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    All gone quiet on this front- or has he gone to Millwall and i havnt noticed?
  • Options
    According to Reems, Huddersfield have matched our bid. So let's wait & see.
  • Options

Are Huddersfield on a mission to sign every forward from a Yorkshire club? That being said, it is via Reems.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
  • Options

Are Huddersfield on a mission to sign every forward from a Yorkshire club? That being said, it is via Reems.
    I get the impression that Reams has good sources for this type of info. I would not discount it, and I fear they may be prepared to pay him more than we would.

• Options
    It depends on whether he wants to stay oop north or not I guess, as the 2 clubs are fairly comparable I'd have thought in terms of attractiveness
  • Options
    A move where he doesn't need to uproot his family and life might well be more appealing than moving to the high cost London area. It would be a major consideration and not necessarily a reflection on us.
  • Options

I would guess that's another one we won't be getting. If he's Barnsley based then, from a personal point of view, he's much more likely to stay in that part of the world and pick Huddersfield. Only only chance will be if we can offer him a much better personal deal and he and his family fance a spell in SE London...
  • Options
    Furthest south he's ever been in terms of clubs is Leicester.
  • Options

I get the impression that Reams has good sources for this type of info. I would not discount it, and I fear they may be prepared to pay him more than we would.

I really admire Huddersfield. It took them a while to get promoted but they've never looked in danger since. They've got a decent manager there and have some very good Championship players like Clayton and have continued to improve the squad with the money raised from the sale of Rhodes. They appear a well-run club from the outside.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just had a look on the Huddersfield forum and they have no mention of them bidding for O'Grady
  • Options
    edited May 2014
  • Options
    edited May 2014
  • Options

I really admire Huddersfield. It took them a while to get promoted but they've never looked in danger since. They've got a decent manager there and have some very good Championship players like Clayton and have continued to improve the squad with the money raised from the sale of Rhodes. They appear a well-run club from the outside.
    We only finished 2 points behind them last season, and we was in danger the whole season lol
  • Options

I remember one of their fans coming on here saying they were absolutely dreadful for about 2 months and couldn't see where their next win was coming from, he literally said they were shocking and expected to go down.
  • Options
    Im sure Huddersfield over spent heavily for a few years to eventually get out of League 1 too, i like them as a club but they are not some shining beacon of how a club should be run IMO.
  • Options

Im sure Huddersfield over spent heavily for a few years to eventually get out of League 1 too, i like them as a club but they are not some shining beacon of how a club should be run IMO.

Didn't you know there's a few Charlton fans on here who think every club Is fantastic apart from our's ?
  • Options

We certainly know that in their/our promotion season they had a 50% bigger wage bill than we did, a fact which I believe to be a good indicator of CP's quality and performance.