Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Chris O'Grady linked (rumoured £500k bid accepted)

Comments

• Options
    Is he the one who broke Wiggo's foot?
  • Options
    Hey guys what happened to only signing network players ?????
  • Options
    I'm not sure he's up to The Championship. Good League One forward.
  • Options
    Said a while ago Id be happy to sign him. Looked a good player against us. But 500k is a lot for him.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    1, shows we've got money and prepared to spend .
    2, shows we're not only signing network players .
    3, not only foreign players
    4, he's a good solid championship player .

More optimistic about next season than I was half hour ago !
    Very interesting.
  • Options
    I like Chris , I said we should go for him, against us at the valley he held the ball up excellently
  • Options
    I hope he's better than the last striker we signed from Barnsley!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Decent but 500k seems a bit much
  • Options
    Whether he'll come here is another question, bound to be other clubs in for him.
  • Options
    He did well last season, scored more goals then all our forwards combined probably!

Big centre forward who can hold the ball up. £500k may be a bit steep though
  • Options
    Is this a joke!? £500k for him? Suppose he would fit in as BP's target man, but Barnsley must be laughing at that.
  • Options
    Didn't expect us to go for older players like O'Grady, especially not for that sort of fee.

Looking him up he scored 15 league goals for Barnsley last season. Didn't realise he did that well. Also only 28, some reason thought he was a bit older than that.

Yes we could have kept Yann but he's gone now and it seems whoever is picking players for us has recognised we need a decent targetman. Even if it was blatantly obvious.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Talal said:

Decent but 500k seems a bit much

This ^^ I'm happy with this singing but I would of thought closer too 250k

But atleast we ain't just going for free's ect .
  • Options
    Spent the last couple of seasons at Sheff Wed and Barnsley - Wiki tells me he made 77 apps and scored 25 so not too bad, has a career total of 88 in 373 but a lot of those apps were in League One (and some L2).

Seems like a reasonable record but I don't know much about the sort of player that he is, anyone able to shed any light ?
  • Options
    Yann897 said:

1, shows we've got money and prepared to spend .
    2, shows we're not only signing network players .
    3, not only foreign players
    4, he's a good solid championship player .

More optimistic about next season than I was half hour ago !
    Very interesting.

To be fair it only shows any of those things if we actually sign him.
  • Options

I hope he's better than the last striker we signed from Barnsley!

Who was that then?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Good player, 500k seems a lot of money though
  • Options
    Danny Haynes?
  • Options

This is brilliant, people moan we don't spend money and now they're moaning we're spending too much, only charlton

£500k for him is excessive though. Opinions, opinions ...
  • Options
    How old is he then?

Wouldn't be a dreadful signing but one that points to our aspirations being survival rather than challenging at the higher end of the division.
  • Options
    I'd imagine any fee would also have promotion clause or other bonuses so I doubt £500k is the initial fee.
  • Options

I'll believe it when I see it. Could well be that they've leaked this to try and distract from the Alex Dyer quotes. I seem to remember the same thing happening with a rumoured Gradel bid when Yann and Stephens were sold.

Interesting point