Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Chris O'Grady linked (rumoured £500k bid accepted)

Comments

• Options
    bobmunro said:

I'll believe it when he actually signs. The current policy seems to be to leak the bids, then act all disappointed when the player refuses to join the madhouse that CAFC is sadly becoming...

Have I missed something - what other bids have been leaked to point to it now being club policy?
    Gradel in the last window, plus a couple of others, I think...

I just prefer the days when we kept it quiet until all signed and sealed.

• Options
    edited May 2014

£500k for a player who scored 15 goals last season* and is in his prime as a footballer (28)

*15 goals for a team that finished 12 points behind us!

I personally think this is a very good signing if it goes through.

I agree - as some others have said already, Barnsley fans say they would feel robbed if the price is £500k
  • Options
    I meant to add - he's always looked good in the hold-up role - sure he was at Rochdale too

Could be good for Reza and or Churchy too
  • Options
    The comments on Owlstalk are a lot more positive than I would have thought (was expecting the usual 'Weds reject, that's Charlton down then etc'.

http://www.owlstalk.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic/213177-ogrady-to-charlton/
  • Options
    Who is signing him? If we don't have a manager? Who makes that decision?
  • Options

The comments on Owlstalk are a lot more positive than I would have thought (was expecting the usual 'Weds reject, that's Charlton down then etc'.

Pleasantly surprised reading that
  • Options
    Don't really know much about him to be honest. Last season was his only decent goal scoring season of his career, but i think 5 of those 15 came from penalties.

We desperately need a presence up front though, and it seems like from i have scanned he is very strong with the ball in the winning / flick on's etc, not so good in terms of holding the ball up.

No idea at present what style we are going to play.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Very positive by the sounds of it. Not to be a negative nelly about it, but these are the same mob that though Miguel Llera could play in the premier league not long ago.
  • Options
    Remember Chris Iwelumo. Similar sort of player. Lots of clubs. Good target man. If it doesn't work out blame the scout.(Phil Chappell ) not the chairman.
  • Options
    Big old boy.
  • Options
    Pos. Player Goals Team
    1 Ross McCormack 28 Leeds
    2 Jordan Rhodes 25 Blackburn
    3 Troy Deeney 24 Watford
    4 Lewis Grabban 22 Bournemouth
    4 Chris Martin 22 Derby County
    6 David Nugent 20 Leicester City
    6 Sam Vokes 20 Burnley
    6 Danny Ings 20 Burnley
    9 Charlie Austin 19 Qpr
    10 Craig Bryson 16 Derby County
    10 Jamie Vardy 16 Leicester City
    12 Chris O'Grady 15 Barnsley
    12 Adam Le Fondre 15 Reading
    14 Leonardo Ulloa 14 Brighton
    14 David McGoldrick 14 Ipswich
    14 Yann Kermorgant 14Bournemouth
    17 Daryl Murphy 13 Ipswich Town
    17 Rudy Gestede 13 Blackburn
    17 Federico Macheda 13 Birmingham
  • Options
    I'm not sure which of those people expect to sign for 500k?
  • Options

J BLOCK said:

I never saw Peeters play but going going by what I've read, COG could be a similar player to Peeters? Perhaps we're going to play off a big target man next year?

Didn't someone say he likes to play 4-3-3 with a big lump in the middle? COG could fit that set-up
    If only we already had one of those that was gelled to the squad and loved by the fans...... cluelessness. Embarassing to watch all this, it's like letting a kid play around on football manager
    A kid on Football Manager would probably do a better job.
  • Options
    Can you stick charltons prolific goalscorers on that list please.
    Enough said.
  • Options
    He'll get good service from Greeny's crosses... Oh no wait.
  • Options
    Millwall also interested apparently.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Plaaayer said:

Heard you could get that French fella at Bournemouth for about a 100 grand cheaper ...
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    On a campsite in S France and our neighbour is a Barnsley man. He ain't at all happy, said that Chris was their best player.
  • Options

Millwall also interested apparently.

And here we go again - as soon as we make it public we have made a bid, and even the amount, that just alerts other clubs. It's either downright naivety or spinning for the fans.

• Options

Plaaayer said:

Heard you could get that French fella at Bournemouth for about a 100 grand cheaper ...
    Yeh and nearly 5 years older.........great logic
  • Options

Plaaayer said:

Yes a player who is 4 years older and out of contract at the time .
  • Options
    Plaaayer said:

Bournemouth got Kerm for 400 ;)
  • Options
    Yann had seven clubs before he joined Charlton. His goal scoring record was only alright. Scored 1 in 2 for two different clubs. One being Bournemouth. Injury prone and 32.
  • Options
    Marvin Sordell 8
    Simon Church 7
    Callum Harriott 6
    Johnnie Jackson 5
    Astrit Ajdarevic 2
    Jordan Cousins 2
  • Options
    Interesting one. At Wednesday he seemed to be a hard grafter but lacked the goalscoring touch. He scored 15 the season just gone so hopefully it wasn't a one off and he'll be able to repeat those numbers for us. Lord knows we could do with 15 goals off one of our players. Considering our strikers are currently Reza and no-one he could be an astute signing