Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Chris O'Grady linked (rumoured £500k bid accepted)

Comments

• Options

Interesting one. At Wednesday he seemed to be a hard grafter but lacked the goalscoring touch. He scored 15 the season just gone so hopefully it wasn't a one off and he'll be able to repeat those numbers for us. Lord knows we could do with 15 goals off one of our players. Considering our strikers are currently Reza and no-one he could be an astute signing

Erm, aint you forgetting Simon 'thunder shot' Church?
  • Options

Interesting one. At Wednesday he seemed to be a hard grafter but lacked the goalscoring touch. He scored 15 the season just gone so hopefully it wasn't a one off and he'll be able to repeat those numbers for us. Lord knows we could do with 15 goals off one of our players. Considering our strikers are currently Reza and no-one he could be an astute signing

Erm, aint you forgetting Simon 'thunder shot' Church?
    You're right, how could I forget such an important piece of the jigsaw. Chris who?
  • Options
    Apparently we have signed another forward to play along side him, bloke called Carey.
    Roland scouted them himself, must of just bought Barnsley too.
  • Options

Millwall also interested apparently.

And here we go again - as soon as we make it public we have made a bid, and even the amount, that just alerts other clubs. It's either downright naivety or spinning for the fans.

I could see how that would be the case for a lesser known player, but I'm sure Millwall and plenty of other clubs would have already been aware of someone who scored 15 goals in the Championship last season.
  • Options
    Thought he played well against us at The Valley and reminded me a bit of Deon Burton (a player I greatly admired).

In order to play an attractive style the team will need a centre-forward who can hold the ball up and allow the midfield to join in. Given the financial constraints, O'Grady might well be the sort of player we'll have to go for.

• Options
    I twigged the Deon Burton similarity too. Can't really comment on O'Grady part from that decent performance against us.
  • Options
    Where's Ishmael miller ?
  • Options

I twigged the Deon Burton similarity too. Can't really comment on O'Grady part from that decent performance against us.

No, me neither. If he joins, I guess we'll just have to hope the scouts have done their job well.

• Options
    Who would you rather.
    Zamora or O'Grady ?
  • Options
    Chris O'Grady is better than any of our current forwards. I've always rated him, very strong with an eye for goal. Reminds me of a young Ricardo Fuller. unless he's older than him?? Either way, a good signing.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not sure he is up to the championship? He scored more goals than any of our forwards last season 15 goals isn't bad at all for barnsley!
  • Options
    Woodollie said:

Not sure he is up to the championship? He scored more goals than any of our forwards last season 15 goals isn't bad at all for barnsley!

In the championship !!

• Options
    Woodollie said:

Scored a goal more than Yann Kermorgant as well.. he's also younger so the £400k we got for Yann dont sound bad at all if were getting this guy for £500k
  • Options

Woodollie said:

In the championship !!

Think you read his post wrong
  • Options
    The same number of goals last season as Le Fondre (Going to Cardiff). Different type of striker i know, but would be a replacement for Kermorgant.
  • Options
    Seems a big fee but ultimately he seems to be an improvement so would be happy with it.
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

The same number of goals last season as Le Fondre (Going to Cardiff). Different type of striker i know, but would be a replacement for Kermorgant.

One less than Jamie Vardy / Four less than Charlie Austin and Five less than Vokes and Ings who were all instrumental to their clubs promotions

Barnsley went down because they couldnt defend...
  • Options
    Greenie said:

I very much doubt we've bid for him because I want RD to fail.

There you go.
    Yeah, spot on. What a stupid thing to say.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Nice to see Charlton actually spending some money and starting to get the long term replacements in early in the close season. Double bonus for nicking him from under Millwall's noses.

Not many Championship clubs have actually bought any players yet.

Let's hope that COG is the first of several more.
  • Options
    markmc68 said:

Who would you rather.
    Zamora or O'Grady ?

O'Grady all day long. Can hold the ball up and if we sort out our wingers then he'll be good for at least a dozen over the season. Think people need to look at what we've had/have and realise this would be a good signing.
    That said I believe he'll go elsewhere, sadly.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Addickted said:

Nice to see Charlton actually spending some money and starting to get the long term replacements in early in the close season. double bonus for nicking him rom under Millwall's noses.

We haven't spent anything yet.
    markmc68 said:

Where's Ishmael miller ?

Free agent I think.
  • Options
    Partly wonder if RD and KM after bringing in their foreign imports didnt realise how tough the Championship would be.

Now they know maybe we're gonna see what happened when we won League One... A side of unfashionable players who are experienced in the Championship and who can gell quickly to become a winning side
  • Options

Addickted said:

Nice to see Charlton actually spending some money and starting to get the long term replacements in early in the close season. double bonus for nicking him rom under Millwall's noses.

We haven't spent anything yet.
    My mistake - I'll wait for confirmation on the OS.

Or perhaps we could ask your 'reliable source' TRR and he can confirm what part of Flanders COG comes from and whether we actually paid in Euros for him?
  • Options
    markmc68 said:

Who would you rather.
    Zamora or O'Grady ?

Zamora is on £90k a week at QPR.

If only we offered Yann half that.

• Options

Greenie said:

I very much doubt we've bid for him because I want RD to fail.

There you go.
    Yeah, spot on. What a stupid thing to say.
    Touche!
  • Options
    Some on here moaned that they wanted experienced Championship players signed.

Now, they're saying that they want player that are BETTER than experienced Championship players.

Sort it out RD! Sign Christian Ronaldo, or we'll be in a relegation dogfight!

Saying that, there's no evidence that O'Grady has any interest in moving down South. His record implies he prefers it oop North...
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    This is a bloody ridiculous signing if true, which I doubt, O'Grady? Thats not even a Belgian name, I bet he's never even drunk Belgian beer, or ever been on the Eurostar to Brussels....Roland out, network? my arse!
    We must protest and quick.....!
  • Options
    Greenie said:

This is a bloody ridiculous signing if true, which I doubt, O'Grady? Thats not even a Belgian name, I bet he's never even drunk Belgian beer, or ever been on the Eurostar to Brussels....Roland out, network? my arse!
    We must protest and quick.....!

I agree, how dare he buy a player not from the network. I expect an e mail buzzing off at the moment to the new Manager telling him he cannot play O Grady.
  • Options
    We definitely need a target man; when we've been under the cosh, we've really struggled to relieve the pressure, to have an outlet to receive those punts from the back would be really helpful. Burton struggled to make an impact for us in the Championship, but was a key member of the L1 team that nearly got promoted the following season, and was missed when he left.
  • Options
    O'Grady says clap your hands
    O'Grady says touch your toes
    O'Grady says jump in the air
    O'Grady says close your eyes
    Sign for Charlton

Ha ha ha - you're all out