Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Chris O'Grady linked (rumoured £500k bid accepted)

Comments

• Options
    MSE7 said:

Who made the offer for him seeing as we had no manager?

Not sure if this is to dig at RD, but id presume the Peeters deal was going through and was a target for him

... OR rd wanted him a a gift for the new puppet, guess it depends which way you think
  • Options
    dickplumb said:

Come on pa look through any thread on RD or polish peter or yann and you will find pp being used as the stick that cracks across RD and his forehead

600k this

Polish pete that

Followed by RD and his network or this as evidence he is a Cnut

It's there for all to read

Including PP

Dick Plumb

Your icon is the best on here ever

Kate Upton, she is rather lovely.

Oh, I thought it was that bird from the Polish Eurovision entry.

• Options
    She is mint proper mint there is something about her rather appealing
  • Options

She is mint proper mint there is something about her rather appealing

There are definitely a couple of things that stand out about her.
  • Options
    Agreed. She is what a penis and two dangly bollox were invented for!
  • Options
    nla & DP I could not agree more. The abuse people now thrown at young players for me is reaching sickening proportions. Look at the stuff thrown at Harriott after Sheffield and Barnsley. You could argue when you are at the game that you have paid your money so can express your opinion at that time but with modern technology the abuse via modern popular media is almost never ending.

In any other context it is almost akin to bullying.

As regards PP the vast majority of supporters will have never even seen him play.

So why the abuse? Who said anywhere he was ready for the first team? Indeed the reverse is true - there is every indication he was not even supposed to sign until the new season.

The "statistics" show the lad can clearly play at a lower level. De Graafschap fans clearly thought so. It appears that the Polish national coaches see something in him as well.

In all honesty if I were his agent I would be writing the last few months off to experience and seeking a loan back to a Dutch/ Belgian/ Polish side. That is in no way an admission of failure to make the grade. To make the grade as a professional footballer it is a tough enough challenge in the first place. At aged 19 to have to carry the burden of the vitriol aimed at the ownership who brought you to club is neither helpful or healthy. Who needs that? On a 5yr contract he has time to develop his career - he just needs to go and enjoy his football.

As an aside if you go onto the Zone Rouche site for Standard Liege, although I may have lost something in translation, several contributors appear to be looking forward to seeing Adjarevic back in the squad and are hopeful Koc (though Turkish clubs have expressed an interest) will be able to step up along with a number of other Liege academy players.

• Options

Come on pa look through any thread on RD or polish peter or yann and you will find pp being used as the stick that cracks across RD and his forehead

600k this

Polish pete that

Followed by RD and his network or this as evidence he is a Cnut

It's there for all to read

Including PP

Dick Plumb

Your icon is the best on here ever

But you are trying to dump everyone into one 'camp' or another which doesn't help a reasonable discussion. No one has spent more time than me on this site arguing the human side of PP's move here, that its bloody difficult for a 20 year old foreign kid on his own to settle in the warm cuddly village atmosphere of South East London. I'm also the only one on here to my knowledge who has actually bothered to talk with de Graafschaap fans.

This hasn't altered my view that the transfer at that particular time was unwise, frankly baffling and a use of quite a lot of money, that might have been better spent on players who could play a role in the fight to stay up. I agree with @Airman Brown.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Then you should see it too pa

It's not hard to find

I think this is harriots biggest cafc season and I freely admit his berformance against Barnsley is one that infuriated me more than any one single performance I had seen in ages

And wrongly I was insulting towards him that night

However since then my voice of concern towards him and that position is one of critique not out right criticism

With pp it's one of derision

The thing is no one on here bar reserves and pos maddad sees more of pp than dick and dick has been one who has highlighted his performances

Yet he hasn't chosen pp as anything other than a player needing improvement and the coaching staff to get the potential from pp by aiding him mentally and technique

Too me Riga was the man to do this and therefore RD and his decision to allow Riga to leave is baffling

But it's not something I will judge RD on

We need to speculate on talent from across the world that is of the age of pp

You only need to find one that could return you 10x the outlay

It's a risk and reward strategy that coincided with yann leaving IMO

Some will work like cp for Riga

Yann for no one in particular

They both worked

It's now as a body of fans we sit back watch and take in the whole game plan

Then decide in 12 to 18 months what we do as fans if anything at all

Yet pp is the stick mentioned by more than any other player bar YT as the measure of RD
  • Options
    Apart from the very brief glimpse v Birmingham I have not seen Piotr play.

The real issue for me is that I don't think anyone can say that they don't find the whole saga surprising. I'm not sure the exact fee that Charlton paid for PP but whatever it was it was the most money we have paid for a player for a long time.

Now unless we were buying huge potential on the scale of the next Christiano Ronaldo or similar it implies to me that we were expecting a player that was good enough to go straight into the first team squad at least and also expecting a player capable of getting better still with a view to selling for a decent profit at some point.

That now looks to be complete nonsense and there are even question marks over whether Piotr will ever cut the mustard at Charltons level. Perhaps he has had problems settling in but he seems a confident young man and has already left Poland to ply his trade in Holland with some success.

Something just doesn't add up and I can't put my finger on what it is. I hope that whoever scouted him is not so poor as to misjudge a players ability to the extent it seems to be or is there something else that I'm not seeing.

Nothing since Roland's takeover is more baffling than this situation in my opinion ang we don't seem any closer to finding out what appears to have gone wrong.

• Sponsored links:

• Options

The real issue for me is that I don't think anyone can say that they don't find the whole saga surprising. I'm not sure the exact fee that Charlton paid for PP but whatever it was it was the most money we have paid for a player for a long time.

Now unless we were buying huge potential on the scale of the next Christiano Ronaldo or similar it implies to me that we were expecting a player that was good enough to go straight into the first team squad at least and also expecting a player capable of getting better still with a view to selling for a decent profit at some point.

That now looks to be complete nonsense and there are even question marks over whether Piotr will ever cut the mustard at Charltons level. Perhaps he has had problems settling in but he seems a confident young man and has already left Poland to ply his trade in Holland with some success.

Something just doesn't add up and I can't put my finger on what it is. I hope that whoever scouted him is not so poor as to misjudge a players ability to the extent it seems to be or is there something else that I'm not seeing.

Nothing since Roland's takeover is more baffling than this situation in my opinion ang we don't seem any closer to finding out what appears to have gone wrong.

Excellent summary SHG, and I remember you using that phrase back in Jan. Here is something else that is odd; I was just reflecting how much better for everybody it would have been if he had arrived now, in the close season. I seemed to remember PP saying that we wanted him straight away. Turns out my memory was playing tricks. It was the player who insisted he wanted to come straight away whereas "the club" was happy to wait until the seasons ended. I guess you can admire the lad for his desire to get on with it, but I am surprised that he was allowed to set the agenda in this way. It's just another element that doesn't add up.
  • Options

Excellent summary SHG, and I remember you using that phrase back in Jan. Here is something else that is odd; I was just reflecting how much better for everybody it would have been if he had arrived now, in the close season. I seemed to remember PP saying that we wanted him straight away. Turns out my memory was playing tricks. It was the player who insisted he wanted to come straight away whereas "the club" was happy to wait until the seasons ended. I guess you can admire the lad for his desire to get on with it, but I am surprised that he was allowed to set the agenda in this way. It's just another element that doesn't add up.
    Agree. It certainly doesn't sound as if Piotr is the shy retiring lad that would on the face of it struggle to come to terms with new surroundings and challenges. Seems more to have great confidence in his own ability.

It's already been said but this summer will be defining for PP and his Charlton career. Perhaps Bob is exactly what he needs. I hope so.

If Polish Pete is not at least in the squad reckoning come August I would think that his Charlton adventure might well be over and the signing will go down as one of the strangest in our history along with Omar Puso and Alan Simonsen albeit for very different reasons.

Let's hope Bob can turn it around for the lad.

• Options
    Indeed I did h indeed I did and I still stick with that when pp bags a hat trick it will be yann who

But it maybe in 5 yrs time
  • Options

I've found out who is in charge of player recruitment, we're bound to get COG now. Look at all of those other targets lined up as well!!!! :

I absolutely love this guy.
    Could someone ask Ackworth to ask the club to take a look at Stevie May?
  • Options

Indeed I did h indeed I did and I still stick with that when pp bags a hat trick it will be yann who

But it maybe in 5 yrs time

But he's only got four years left on his contract : - )

But there would be a thread on here every goal he scored regardless where he plays

• Options
    Someone on ITTV claiming that the deal is set to be done today, don't know how credible it is though
  • Options
    Surely Lee Gregory who Barnsley are rumoured to replace COG with, would be a better bet and more in line with RD's ethos of developing talent.
  • Options
    I'd rather have COG tbh. What we need are proven Championship level performers, not more young unproven gambles.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Depends how good they are!
  • Options
    One in two or one in four? Different levels but half the price, younger and more potential.
  • Options
    Has COG actually signed yet for Charlton, anyone?
  • Options

No

• Options
    edited June 2014

C'mon MIA, you know the mantra........... If it's not on the OS :-0
  • Options
    Thanks SHG! So we're still talking to his agent, or was this just a smokescreen, to appease the fans, and pull the wool over our eyes?
  • Options

Thanks SHG! So we're still talking to his agent, or was this just a smokescreen, to appease the fans, and pull the wool over our eyes?

Well I don't think anyone knows for sure but rumours are from : all agreed but just O'Grady needing to decide to sign, signinging today, not signing as won't move south,

Take your pick.

• Options
    Maybe getting the best out of the asset/ enigma that is Piotr is a key objective for Bob - and perhaps why he got the nod over Riga?!
  • Options
    Piotr is certainly an enigma wrapped in a conundrum covering a mystery, but I hope (and suspect) not hiding a vacuum.

As kids we had the concept of a goal hanger, nowadays it might be described as a penalty box or 18 yard player. Piotr's vids, and indeed the good fellow himself says as much, he is a finisher...will be happy to score soft, or dustbin, or snap shot goals, but in the box will try to score with every touch.

Now that is well and good. However you have to take into account offsides, balls actually finding their way into the area frequently, and to cope with the hairy championship defenders who are trying to stop you. Being only a penalty box player is a tough gig these days and others try to add a few more strings to their bows.

It is quite thought provoking contemplating the kind of striker Piotr is with Simon Church. Church runs and runs, chases everything down, never gives up, is very team oriented...but sadly when it comes to even getting a fair share of dustbin goals he falls short.

Piotr is very goal orientated, is not the kind of player to compensate for lack of scoring by running and running. So what have we acquired? A player who will be prolific if it can be accepted that his overt work rate will be average, and if the ball is played into the area twenty times a game at a variety of heights and angles. We were not set up like that at the moment Piotr arrived.

When Piotr arrived the first team were not getting the ball up front particularly frequently beyond Yann being a focus, and certainly not much in wider areas, the development squad culture and players available were similar. Piotr was therefore pitched not only into an alien cultural environment at such a young age, but an alien footballing environment, and asked to play in a way that was alien to him and not playing to his strengths. The result a massive confidence loss.

I have said elsewhere he needs support to rebuild his game, but he may also need to add an extra aspect to his game in order to get regular Championship football. I can't think of many Championship goalscorers who are able to simply be a penalty area player. Ross McCormack is a typical example of a player who is involved everywhere, and somehow some more qualities need to be added to Piotr's game.

It may be Bobbin along and the new coaching regime can unwrap the goodies in Piotr, but I also think his acquisition at the time he came made absolutely no sense. I happen to think more or less the same about Reza. I have seen Anil Koc and would rather not comment, although what I have seen of Loic Nego is more encouraging.

Poitr ought not to be written off, but he certainly needs some restoration work before he is ready, and I say that however much our football next season will be radical, modern and continental.