Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Chris O'Grady linked (rumoured £500k bid accepted)

Comments

• Options
    I didn't say they were a shining beacon. Bloody hell. Just a club I admire. That is all.
  • Options

According to Reems, Huddersfield have matched our bid. So let's wait & see.

Are Huddersfield on a mission to sign every forward from a Yorkshire club? That being said, it is via Reems.
    I get the impression that Reams has good sources for this type of info. I would not discount it, and I fear they may be prepared to pay him more than we would.

I really admire Huddersfield. It took them a while to get promoted but they've never looked in danger since. They've got a decent manager there and have some very good Championship players like Clayton and have continued to improve the squad with the money raised from the sale of Rhodes. They appear a well-run club from the outside.
    5 wins in 22 games from mid-January. Including 13 defeats. What's not to like?
  • Options

Im sure Huddersfield over spent heavily for a few years to eventually get out of League 1 too, i like them as a club but they are not some shining beacon of how a club should be run IMO.

Didn't you know there's a few Charlton fans on here who think every club Is fantastic apart from our's ?

Still don't think we'll sign him, it was a well timed offer to detract attention from elsewhere. Next signing to be some guy no ones heard of and we're relying on his youtube best highlights video that can make even Emile look a world beater..

I personally think your wrong , I still think we may get O Grady but if we don't i still think we will get other English players but we will see , here's hoping you admit you was wrong when we sign a few.
  • Options
    I'll admit i was worng when we sign COG, but tbh, i'm not holding my breath. We all know it'll be some unknown plucked from the Belgian second tier hyped up with Youtube scoring a hat-trick against the equivalent of Cray Wanderers.
  • Options
    Same 'ol Charlton eh, as soon as another club gets involved we lose out. No matter who owns the club it's always the same, we're too slow to catch a soddin' cold.

Sadly, some things never change. I fully expect O'Grady to go anywhere but to us.
  • Options

Same 'ol Charlton eh, as soon as another club gets involved we lose out. No matter who owns the club it's always the same, we're too slow to catch a soddin' cold.

Sadly, some things never change. I fully expect O'Grady to go anywhere but to us.

What we don't even know if anyone else has bid yet and your talking about us losing out.
    What we do know is we've had a bid accepted so we've got a chance.
  • Options
    Yann897 said:

Im sure Huddersfield over spent heavily for a few years to eventually get out of League 1 too, i like them as a club but they are not some shining beacon of how a club should be run IMO.

Didn't you know there's a few Charlton fans on here who think every club Is fantastic apart from our's ?

Still don't think we'll sign him, it was a well timed offer to detract attention from elsewhere. Next signing to be some guy no ones heard of and we're relying on his youtube best highlights video that can make even Emile look a world beater..

I personally think your wrong , I still think we may get O Grady but if we don't i still think we will get other English players but we will see , here's hoping you admit you was wrong when we sign a few.

I didn't say they were a shining beacon. Bloody hell. Just a club I admire. That is all.

• Options
    Yann897 said:

What we don't even know if anyone else has bid yet and your talking about us losing out.
    Yeah, cos over the years i've seen it happen time and time and time again. How many days ago was our bid supposedly accepted? We shall see what happens but I suspect O'Grady and his agent are now stalling whilst they wait for other matching bids to come in....and as I said, he'll go anywhere but to us.

• Options

Yann897 said:

Yeah, cos over the years i've seen it happen time and time and time again. How many days ago was our bid supposedly accepted? We shall see what happens but I suspect O'Grady and his agent are now stalling whilst they wait for other matching bids to come in....and as I said, he'll go anywhere but to us.

Wish our own fans didn't have this perception of us it's a shame , anyway we've signed plenty of players over other teams before so it happens both way's , I didn't expect the transfer to happen straight away anyway you have to be patient with those things if we lose out we lose out there's not a lot any of us can do about it. I'm still confident we will get him.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He scored five from the spot this season just gone... at least if we do get him we know our penalty taker! Then we won't have hat Jackson sordell debacle again!
  • Options
    I just cannot believe we will match wages that other clubs offer. Dervite will be paid more at Bolton than we could offer. So I very much doubt he will come to us. He certainly is taking his time to decide assuming talks had already started?
  • Options

Are Huddersfield on a mission to sign every forward from a Yorkshire club? That being said, it is via Reems.
    I get the impression that Reams has good sources for this type of info. I would not discount it, and I fear they may be prepared to pay him more than we would.

I really admire Huddersfield. It took them a while to get promoted but they've never looked in danger since. They've got a decent manager there and have some very good Championship players like Clayton and have continued to improve the squad with the money raised from the sale of Rhodes. They appear a well-run club from the outside.
    5 wins in 22 games from mid-January. Including 13 defeats. What's not to like?
    I will only like Huddersfield if we play them at least 5 times next season!

• Options
    edited May 2014
  • Options
    edited May 2014

?

Not nice, he does appear to have problems though and is more than a little odd.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Is Elise Victoria Davey his Mum ?

No, it's RD....

• Options
    Is Acworth on CL? Or is there some history with him on here?
  • Options
    mr.se7 said:

The way he has spelt mentioned had me in tears

Its Mr not mr doh
  • Options
    Might as well sign Paul O'Grady he would do a better job
  • Options

That doesn't sound like the perception that some Udders' fans have of their club.

When we were flirting with relegation, one of their supporters posted that he feared his club might be drawn into the mix and , if my grey cell is working efficiently, that they were in a bit of a mucking fuddle....

• Options
    Tutt-Tutt said:

Anyone on here in the know?

I'm interested in where this bid for Chris O'Grady came from, if it is real. Who recommended we put in the bid? Unless the new manager has been scouting him from across the channel? Phil Chapple?

For a £500k bid to go in, we have obviously done our due diligence. Watched him both home and away, preferably in a hostile environment like Leeds or Millwall. Checked his injury record. Made sure we found out about his character and discipline. Is he a good trainer? Established what wages he his on? Checked his family situation and whether it will be difficult moving south? Hopefully, talked to previous team-mates or managers on his general attitude.

Someone must have done it, you wouldn't risk £500k on someone you didn't know inside out or had only seen on the football league show?

Found Chris Powell's old list filed in the bin when they were doing the end of season clean up ;-)
  • Options
    Tutt-Tutt said:

Someone must have done it, you wouldn't risk £500k on someone you didn't know inside out or had only seen on the football league show?

Yep, there's no way we'd spend good money on a striker without being sure that he was good enough or what we needed.

There's definitely no young, say Polish bloke in our squad fitting that description.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    MSE7 said:

Might as well sign Paul O'Grady he would do a better job

Plus with Paul O'Grady you get two for the price of one!! Even RD wouldn't refuse that deal!! Oi Oi A block are in the house now!!