Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Tony Watt - (ed. page 16. Confirmed, 3 1/2 year deal)

Comments

• Options
    He will get Charltonised quicker than you can say "Tom you now play for Charl..."
  • Options

He will get Charltonised quicker than you can say "Tom you now play for Charl..."

He's bound to feel discouraged if they call him Tom.
  • Options
    Is it done yet?
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Tried reading through this thread but there are too many blumen' puns for me.
  • Options
    I doubt any announcement will be made until they get clearance from Belgian FA.
  • Options

Kap10 said:

Fumbluff said:

What's a fax machine? You must be really old @Swisdom

The fax machine is that piece of equipment that sits next to the Telex.
    Sad thing is I remember when both of these when telexs were in regular use and faxs were the new thing in communications.
    I remember pigeon post.....

Snail mail!!
  • Options

He's bound to feel discouraged if they call him Tom.
    He will have to be Tom...

Tony rhymes with pony!
  • Options
    Joining tomorrow
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Joining tomorrow

Now that is quite a scoop. When did this all happen (:
  • Options

Joining tomorrow

Now that is quite a scoop. When did this all happen (:
    Hahaha on a roll today aren't you rick
  • Options
    vffvff
    edited January 2015
    One thing about the Tony Watt deal is why it wasn't done at the beginning of the season ? TW was getting nowhere at Liege and it would have benefited from being moved at the start of the season / pre season. Then given a few months for him to build fitness and see if he fitted it in. Now he has got to build fitness and fit into the team which could take a couple of months at least, if it works at all.

Not happy about the way RD is organising player movement it appears to be very amateurish and shambolic.
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

Tried reading through this thread but there are too many blumen' puns for me.

This is Charlton Life.

Spell check for Bloomin'.

;o)

• Options
    vff said:

One thing about the Tony Watt deal is why it wasn't done at the beginning of the season ? TW was getting nowhere at Liege and it would have benefited from being moved at the start of the season / pre season. Then given a few months for him to build fitness and see if he fitted it in. Now he has got to build fitness and fit into the team which could take a couple of months at least, if it works at all.

Not happy about the way RD is organising player movement it appears to be very amateurish and shambolic.

According to Wiki, "On July 28 2014, he signed a 5-year contract with Standard Liège with the Belgian club paying a reported £1.2m to Celtic for his services".

We see that he signed for SL at the end of July, presumably to play in the Belgian top League after his successful spell with Lierse - so it was unlikely he'd be pushed out straightaway on loan to Charlton.

And once the summer transfer window closed, no loans from abroad would be permitted.

Can't blame Roland for that.

• Options
    The news will be made public once the press statement has come back from the typing pool.
  • Options

The news will be made public once the press statement has come back from the typing pool.

I heard the delay was because they'd run out of Tippex.
  • Options
    They will announce it on the same day as Church goes to Millwall. One in, one out.
  • Options
    CONFIRMED www.cafc.co.uk
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He's here!
  • Options
    This isn't confirmed until there's a confirmed sticker
  • Options
    Heel wear the 32? Still haven't technically filled the 9 shirt
  • Options
    Come on Paulie, show us yer stickers
  • Options
    Rossman92 said:

Heel wear the 32? Still haven't technically filled the 9 shirt

Step up Mr Delort.
  • Options
    Given No 32 shirt - does that mean we will still be getting in a forward for the vacant no.9 shirt?
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    He has played nine times for the Scotland U21 side, scoring five times and will wear the number 32 shirt for the remainder of the season.
    Have we retired the number 9 shirt or something?