Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Tony Watt - (ed. page 16. Confirmed, 3 1/2 year deal)

Comments

• Options
    What the hell were Celtic thinking in getting rid of Tony Watt and getting in Leigh Griffiths?!

The latter looked weak even in League one
  • Options

What the hell were Celtic thinking in getting rid of Tony Watt and getting in Leigh Griffiths?!

The latter looked weak even in League one

Scoring goals though. The SPL is such a poor standard these days. Even worse than it usually is.
  • Options
    Too much time on my hands today…

• Options
    cheers tartan blood
  • Options

Celtic fan here. Thought you guys would appreciate a bit of insight from our perspective.

Firstly, I have to say, he divided opinion in our support. However, that had nothing to do with his ability. Some felt he was a disruptive force in the dressing room and therefore not worth keeping. I don't agree with that since we have other players like Griffiths and Stokes who have caused far more problems than Watt ever did.

The reason, I believe, we let him go is because Liege were willing to pay £1.2m for a player that cost us £80k and wasn't even a guaranteed starter. The board saw profit and jumped. Our new manager had only been in the door 5mins and from what I've heard the deal was pretty much wrapped up before he was even appointed. No way would Ronny Deila have let go of him. We certainly did not let him go for footballing reasons.

Personally, I was convinced, as were many others, that Watt would be our main striker this year. He is supremely talented. We were creaming ourselves long before he scored against Barcelona. E.g 2 goals on his debut (from the bench), 2 goals on his first start etc.

Watt is the most well rounded centre forward Scotland have had for years. And considering his "attitude" problems seem to be fixed, I am extremely gutted we let him go.

Our loss is your gain. Enjoy. You have an incredible talent on your hands.

Thanks. Watt are the chances of him getting back into the Scotland squad?
  • Options

Celtic fan here. Thought you guys would appreciate a bit of insight from our perspective.

Firstly, I have to say, he divided opinion in our support. However, that had nothing to do with his ability. Some felt he was a disruptive force in the dressing room and therefore not worth keeping. I don't agree with that since we have other players like Griffiths and Stokes who have caused far more problems than Watt ever did.

The reason, I believe, we let him go is because Liege were willing to pay £1.2m for a player that cost us £80k and wasn't even a guaranteed starter. The board saw profit and jumped. Our new manager had only been in the door 5mins and from what I've heard the deal was pretty much wrapped up before he was even appointed. No way would Ronny Deila have let go of him. We certainly did not let him go for footballing reasons.

Personally, I was convinced, as were many others, that Watt would be our main striker this year. He is supremely talented. We were creaming ourselves long before he scored against Barcelona. E.g 2 goals on his debut (from the bench), 2 goals on his first start etc.

Watt is the most well rounded centre forward Scotland have had for years. And considering his "attitude" problems seem to be fixed, I am extremely gutted we let him go.

Our loss is your gain. Enjoy. You have an incredible talent on your hands.

Thanks. Watt are the chances of him getting back into the Scotland squad?
    We have. A double header in about a fortnight, but I very much doubt he'll be picked for that.

Saying that, Leigh Griffiths is probably our only other in-form striker at the minute. (Steven Naismith plays in the hole)

Gordon Strachan doesn't seem to like Jordan Rhodes or Ross McCormack, even when they are scoring, so if Watt keeps it up till the end of the season I would expect him to be called up against Ireland in June.
  • Options

What is with Tony and his damn attitude problem??? Will he ever stop causing trouble?

Iain Dowie should have taken all his photos like that
  • Options
    They going to do the match day squad announcements like how SkySports do it now maybe?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I would say it's for when we're on sky....oh. Nevermind
  • Options
    I haven't seen the video yet, but I saw the green screen behind them , and wondered if they'd been roped in as extras for the next Jurassic park movie...
  • Options

They going to do the match day squad announcements like how SkySports do it now maybe?

That sounds like a possibility.
  • Options
    Looks like he's lost weight (no homo).
  • Options
    Looks like stills for a sticker album.
  • Options
    Rothko said:

For team line up on the big screen according to the earlier tweet

Indeed. Coming to a new, bigger, better screen near you.
  • Options
    Should've given that green screen an iron. Going to be a bitch to key out.
  • Options

Should've given that green screen an iron. Going to be a bitch to key out.

That shot is at an odd angle. The head on shots look ok.
  • Options

Looks like stills for a sticker album.

Going to be one hell of a small sticker album as it stands!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2015

t32w Nervous

Captioned "Nervous" with a couple of syringe emojis and a sad face. Poor Tony.
  • Options

t32w Nervous

Captioned "Nervous" with a couple of syringe emojis and a sad face. Poor Tony.
    Possibly a pain relief injection in order for him to play??
  • Options
    How serious is this ?
  • Options
    Quite an ominous picture, isn't it?!
  • Options
    More concerned about the footwear. Trainer socks! Really!!!!!! For shame Tony, for shame.
  • Options
    WUM like Jacko I reckon. Nothing wrong with that.
  • Options

More concerned about the footwear. Trainer socks! Really!!!!!! For shame Tony, for shame.

No disrespect Clem, but I always had you down as a socks and sandals man. Is that why you're pulling him up on the socks..no sandals?!
  • Options
    Should be invisi socks from primarni