Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Tony Watt - (ed. page 16. Confirmed, 3 1/2 year deal)

Comments

• Options
    It tolls for thee.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Who casts not up his eye to the sun when it rises? but who takes
    off his eye from a comet when that breaks out? Who bends not his
    ear to any bell which upon any occasion rings? but who can remove
    it from that bell which is passing a piece of himself out of this
    world? No man is an island, entire of itself; every man is a piece
    of the continent, a part of the main. If a clod be washed away by
    the sea, Europe is the less, as well as if a promontory were, as
    well as if a manor of thy friend's or of thine own were: any man's
    death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind, and
    therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; it tolls for
    thee.

I read that at my mums funeral.

Just thought I'd cheer you all up.
  • Options
    edited January 2015

bobcafc7 said:

Selling YK for less than buying Tucudean is like selling a gold bar to buy a yorkie bar..... but I wouldn't put it past Rolands scouting team, to put it nicely they have got nothing right from within the network, their judgement of talent is hideous ... but you try and try again until it works :-)

Ben haim ?
    There is no judgement involved there. The guy has played 171 apps at a Professional level in England (Championship + including Premier League aswell), he seems to like living in England. If that is the best the 'network' scouting team can stump up then they may as well employ a 16 year old lad who's CV read's 'Won the treble with Accrington Stanley 2020/2021 on Football Manager'

I don't thrive off being negative towards RD's whole set up but it really is not very professional on the football side of things, Piotr Parzyszek (remember him?) is another, the fee 'we' paid for him is ludicrous.

The scouting is amateur, it seems to be looking for players that have played internationally at a youth level, paying the fee and because they are still young they should increase in value. Poor stuff.
    Carrying on from the scouting side of things .. Back in July, Think I got this one just about right! lol

• Options
    I really must give myself a slap and say judge the player after a number of games.

However there was a moment, not far away from me in front of the East Stand, when there was one of those things where a player is outraged because another player didn't do what they wanted, and they point and gesture and do the body language, it was Tony Watt.
    It may even have been a frustration about what the system and instructions were supposed to have been I don't know.

A couple of thoughts from that.

The Watt substitution itself was odd, a part of me thought there was a degree of orchestration regarding the timing of George's injury, but then we had a showy, seemingly hasty shirt on bit, and on comes Watt to the fanfare that had been building in the crowd for a few moments. If it was hasty and unexpected, it might explain the seeming disconnect between the forward players thereafter, and the confusion about who was supposed to be doing what.

Then again if Tony Watt's foot stamping moment was because team instructions of some kind were being forgotten, possibly after brewing them up at half time, or even in the week on the training ground, then the responsibility is with manager preparation, and it is either disrespectful, or indicative of a questionable attitude that Watt should have his mini hissy fit.

I don't want to comment on his actual football, my impression was that in build he was very similar to George, but I really hope we don't have a player with a Rezaesque attitude on our hands.

Watts first comment in his interview was how glad he was to get away from the continent, but I am left wondering to what degree Bob wants Tony, or Tony wants to do what Bob says.

If this is a marriage made in heaven, then I hope the algorithms on the Duchatelet Network Dating Site are aligning things correctly, otherwise I see a messy divorce looming.
  • Options
    Possibly I am paranoid,

or possibly this.

• Options
    I wonder how many other players kick-started their careers by responding to newspaper adverts?

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/celtic-goal-hero-tony-watt-1119993
  • Options
    Heard from a source within the club yesterday that Watt is already unpopular. Maybe bollocks. Just reporting what I'm told.
  • Options

Heard from a source within the club yesterday that Watt is already unpopular. Maybe bollocks. Just reporting what I'm told.

Source being?
  • Options

Source being?
    Member of medical staff
  • Options
    Enjoyed watching Watt today - if him and Igor keep linking up like this then other teams will start to fear us.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

From todays showing Id say that the opposite was true

Going back to the warm-up and shooting practice with Dmitrovic where he showed him his appreciation for being in goal whilst he took some shots to the moment Igor went off when Tony applauded him going off along with the fans (Something Ive never seen a player do)
    Going from social media he appears to already have a good relationship with some of the players.
  • Options
    Heard he has fallen out big time with a supporter he booted the ball at as the whistle went at half time. He did wave his hand though by way of apology.
  • Options
    Did anyone hear his interview on bbc London tonight? Seems like a great lad and very down to earth. Fast becoming a fans favourite if he isn't already!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Fast becoming my favourite player, bags of ability and seems to have the right attitude.. Think he could become the new kermorgant if he keeps this up

Woah...woah..woah, step back CEL. Nobody replaces our Kermy
  • Options

Did anyone hear his interview on bbc London tonight? Seems like a great lad and very down to earth. Fast becoming a fans favourite if he isn't already!

Yes, I heard it, was class. He was asked why he gave his shirt away at the end, he said he wanted to make someone happy as the fans have been great to him from day one. There were reports in media he was a bad egg it fans have backed him from the start.
  • Options
    POTY nailed on.
  • Options
    I don't go in for over-praising or indeed over-criticising players. But i genuinely think that in Tony Watt we have a potential folk hero at Charlton. His work rate and skill are exceptional. Today he showed that sometimes a pass is the better option than a shot. He already seems to like being at Charlton and i already like him being here.
    Melrose, Mendonca, Hales .................... Watt ?????
  • Options
    Sex wee for tony watt
  • Options
    Is he just on loan or is he 'ours'??
  • Options
    Many of my best mates are Scottish and we had a Sunday league team back in the day. The two best players are Celtic diehards. They hated to lose and could coax better performances from lesser players like me. I loved playing with them. They used to say that a team like Charlton could do with some Scottish players to give it some "backbone". That said, they were pretty iffy about Tony Watt, felt it all went to his head after his goal against Barcelona. Maybe, just maybe, he has realised that he has something to prove, and appreciates an unpretentious bunch of fans who take him as they find him.