Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Silly local things you remember from years back

18910111214»

Comments

• Options
    Pink classified all football results on saturday night o/s plumstead stn by the pie stall.
  • Options
    The Army on training runs through Charlton
  • Options
    fenny said:

Pink classified all football results on saturday night o/s plumstead stn by the pie stall.

Or top of Victoria Way in Charlton
  • Options
    ross1 said:

fenny said:

Or top of Victoria Way in Charlton
    Yup, next to Springfield estate, opposite cherry orchard
  • Options
    Peanuts! Peanuts! Tanner a bag!
  • Options
    Programs.. Programs..Programs a bob
  • Options

lolwray said:

Acab said:

Used to go too Welcome Inn Sunday night and Dutch House Tuesday 1971/72 same people run both nights I think,
    Light and bitter was 20p a pint. Pound to get in with a membership card.
    Friday night was at the Spotted Cow Hither Green Lane or the Black Bull Lewisham then on to the Wimpey Bar then late night movie at Lewisham Odeon.

that's weird Acab, i saw Stray, the Pink Fairies and most of the other gigs at the Poly and used the Black bull and Spotted cow on Fridays. We must have moved in the same circles.
    you two probably would have had a bit of saxon tavern aswell

sure did.
    Into spiders night club afterwards
  • Options

Acab said:

Used to go too Welcome Inn Sunday night and Dutch House Tuesday 1971/72 same people run both nights I think,
    Friday night was at the Spotted Cow Hither Green Lane or the Black Bull Lewisham then on to the Wimpey Bar then late night movie at Lewisham Odeon.

that's weird Acab, i saw Stray, the Pink Fairies and most of the other gigs at the Poly and used the Black bull and Spotted cow on Fridays. We must have moved in the same circles.
    Probably. But most of the circles I moved in were when I was spinning out of my head.
  • Options
    lolwray said:

Acab said:

you two probably would have had a bit of saxon tavern aswell

122 from Yorkshire grey then a 180 up to southend lane.
  • Options
    The 2k's club, every Wednesday I believe, in Charlton Village church hall. Got some good groups there
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    ross1 said:

ross1 said:

I feel like an outcast, I seem to be the only person on here that was actually brought up in Charlton

I was thinking the same. Lansdowne lane and Hopedale rd for me.
    Born in Floyd Road, can anyone say they have more right to be called a Charlton supporter than me
    No. You're the best.
  • Options
    The area in Dartford I grew up in had quite a few alleys which we young uns have names to. The ones I remember are Laura's alley, the Indian alley, the Middle alley and the Dog Shit alley.
  • Options

Any one know if space dust is still available? If so where?

You can get all sorts of retro sweets at aquarterof.co.uk. They don't do the orange flavour one though, but weirdly, Waitrose sell something similar as a cake decoration.

• Options
    aliwibble said:

Any one know if space dust is still available? If so where?

You can get all sorts of retro sweets at aquarterof.co.uk. They don't do the orange flavour one though, but weirdly, Waitrose sell something similar as a cake decoration.

MR Big Tops do retro sweets as well. You can get them sent straight to you in the post either weekly, fortnightly or monthly.