Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Andy delort (This saga is all over - or is it???)

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2014
    colin1961 said:

Why would he be meeting with us when he as already agreed personal terms on a 5 year deal ...

Why would he be meeting anyone else if he really wants to play for us and has agreed a deal, I personally dont think he has or ever will
  • Options
    This guy's 'dad' has been wrong about so much it's a wonder people are even still bringing him up or listening to him. He's been joining next week/monday/tuesday/wednesday/thrusday/... for what seems like forever
  • Options
    I am guessing I'm not the only one on here who now does not give a flying inverted upside down wheelbarrow fuck whether the Frog joins or not?
  • Options
    I want us to sign a striker. We need one. As for Delort. I can't see it. Been dragging on far too long.
  • Options
    I agree,its time to move on and I am sure, we have other targets like others have said. That said you do begin to wonder whether any one on any forum knows anything....
  • Options
    Sod it, he may be good, but all this playing off of one thing against another, in public, is not the way anybody ought to be doing things. We have been dicked about enough by this deal, let the wonderkid go elsewhere and don't wait for most of next week to sort things out. Anyway we have the distraction of Derby away on Tuesday to get to grips with and could do without all of this 'noise' in the background.
  • Options
    skywalker said:

He really isn't rubbish ... however I suspect him to have a bit of an attitude !

He's French I wouldn't expect anything different!!
  • Options
    Prefer Bahebeck for similar money
  • Options
    TravHouse said:

my last post RE Delort as I'm sure people are bored of this now..

Delort and his entourage will be in England for 3 days from tomorrow speaking to Wigan, Wolves and finally Charlton on Tuesday

what has his agent/dad been up to - reading the Sky Handbook, starting at the back. Surprised they aren't also talking to Watford, Walsall & Wycombe as well.............
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Leave the offer on the table for him and let's put our efforts into sounding out other targets. If he comes back around to us, great. If not, then it'll be his loss.
  • Options
    If Delort is looking at wolves, Wigan and us. Then we've got no chance, time to move on.
  • Options
    Wolverhampton.. Wigan or London... hmmm
  • Options

Wolverhampton.. Wigan or London... hmmm

• Options
    Bubble said:

TravHouse said:

how do we know that you are who you say you are & not just a spotty 15 yr old with too much time on his hands due to the summer holidays.

I reckon 90% of what has been said on this thread is a load of old cobblers & i'll be glad when Sept 2nd comes around.

Who exactly have I said I am?

I've never claimed to be "in the know" Im only feeding back what has been told to me by Delorts father on facebook.

If you don't believe it then ignore it.

P.S Im a spotty 30yr old with too much time on his hands..
    You speak fluent French then? Because if I hear Andy Delorts dad speaking English in the press conference i will double my "bet" to Valley gold to £100

The bloke is just passing on information, I don't really see the need for this type of comment
    It was a bit harsh. Sorry Trav.

It seemed to me at first that you were claiming to be having a one to one personal conversation with Delorts Dad, which I thought was taking the whole thread to new heights of fantasy, but you were not claiming that, just reporting what's on Facebook.

Apologies.

Still cannot think of another case where we -and everyone in football, be it fan or club - were able to follow an agent's every move on Facebook. If it is genuine, the guy is an idiotic amateur.

It was bugging me for a while that this reminded me of a past saga, and I think @eaststandloopy is right, it was Kezman. But the social media madness nowadays makes it much more of a circus, in which we are the unwitting participants.
  • Options
    We're only unwitting participants if we want to be.

It doesn't matter what he's dad does or doesn't say on facebook or what people are saying on twitter.

It maybe true or partly true or complete lies but it don't mean a thing.

The deal hasn't been done and until it is on the OS take everything said with a pinch of salt and chill out.

Trav is just passing on what's he's been told.

If others get bored, angry, upset, excited then that's up to them.

It makes not a jot of difference to whether the deal will happen or whether he's a good player or not.
  • Options
    Personally, hope he traps his fingers when the window slams shut. God knows how many pages on the Delort family.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Thanks for the kind words Henry Irving but you are the genius. What with being 176 years old and if my memory serves me right did the first rendition of valley floyd road in 1905 at the garrick theatre. I think it was a foggy tuesday night. Glad to see you have not lost you skill.
  • Options
    Can someone sum up what's going on now, I'm lost?
  • Options

Jaddick said:

500k for a player who scored 24 goals and 8 assists in 36 games in Ligue 2 is ridiculously unrealistic.

Where have you been for the past 10 years of football? If someone scores 24 goals in the Conference at 22 they would likely cost more than 500k. Jamie Vardy left Fleetwood to go to Leicester for 1m and he scored 31 in the Conference that season. People forgetting Charlie Austin played semi-professional before ruining League 1 and now look where he is.

No guarantees he's going to be amazing but just because he plays in Ligue 2 can we stop dismissing his ability?

Would you be kind enough to read my post again, and then tell me what part
    of 500k DOWN you still don't understand. For the last ten years RM has been telling anyone who will listen that it's all about instalments and performance related payments.

I'm not denigrating his ability since I haven't had a chance to assess it and neither has anyone else on here. Why I'm denigrating is the laughable sales technique of the Tours chairman and the players advisors, and I'm just trying to warn against us buying into it.
    Because 500k initial payment and the rest based on installments is laughable. Ha, I understand. Seems like you don't understand modern football and especially the situation we're led to believe Tours are in. For a club that need to pay a tax bill and owe money the thing they're likely to LOVE is an installments/performance based payment system so they're waiting possibly 2 or 3 years to the money.

Also have you ever seen a deal where 80% of the potential payment is addons for an established player?
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Valley11 said:

Can someone sum up what's going on now, I'm lost?

If you have heard anything 27th hand or from Delort's ever reliable father or just fancy telling a bare face porky, then just right it on here and people will react.
  • Options
    Welcome aboard andy........................Oh, is he not here yet?

Not too worried, I think Andy Delores looks better anyway..................
  • Options
    i'd say we have a 1 in3 chance of securing him... if we get him up front we are looking dynamite... with buyens in the holding role and TBH and Bikey getting more and more accustoned to each other we arent looking too bad at the back either...
  • Options
    TravHouse said:

His dad looks suspiciously like Kenny Jackett
  • Options
    Is he having talks with other clubs now?