Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Andy delort (This saga is all over - or is it???)

Comments

• Options
    Valley11 said:

Is he having talks with other clubs now?

yes.........as long as their names starts with a W.
  • Options
    edited August 2014

The longer it goes on mate the more chance there is of someone else going back with the same offer if not more the last 7 days of this window will see teams lose playwrs through injury and panick

I would love to

Valley11 said:

Can someone sum up what's going on now, I'm lost?

Stoke have just equalised against Hull
  • Options
    Jaddick said:

Jaddick said:

500k for a player who scored 24 goals and 8 assists in 36 games in Ligue 2 is ridiculously unrealistic.

Where have you been for the past 10 years of football? If someone scores 24 goals in the Conference at 22 they would likely cost more than 500k. Jamie Vardy left Fleetwood to go to Leicester for 1m and he scored 31 in the Conference that season. People forgetting Charlie Austin played semi-professional before ruining League 1 and now look where he is.

No guarantees he's going to be amazing but just because he plays in Ligue 2 can we stop dismissing his ability?

Would you be kind enough to read my post again, and then tell me what part
    of 500k DOWN you still don't understand. For the last ten years RM has been telling anyone who will listen that it's all about instalments and performance related payments.

I'm not denigrating his ability since I haven't had a chance to assess it and neither has anyone else on here. Why I'm denigrating is the laughable sales technique of the Tours chairman and the players advisors, and I'm just trying to warn against us buying into it.
    Because 500k initial payment and the rest based on installments is laughable. Ha, I understand. Seems like you don't understand modern football and especially the situation we're led to believe Tours are in. For a club that need to pay a tax bill and owe money the thing they're likely to LOVE is an installments/performance based payment system so they're waiting possibly 2 or 3 years to the money.

Also have you ever seen a deal where 80% of the potential payment is addons for an established player?
    Let's say you want to buy a house. You find one you like, however when you check on Right Move you find the owner is asking double what apparently similar houses in the same street have gone for. You inspect the house and cannot see what is so special about it that would justify the huge premium. So you ask the owner and he says "Oh I have a huge unpaid tax bill and will go bankrupt if I can't get this amount of money for it.."

Do you feel terribly sorry for him and pay him what he is asking?

But hey, I don't understand modern football, put me right on what is so different to this example
  • Options

Valley11 said:

Is he having talks with other clubs now?

yes.........as long as their names starts with a W.
    Your name doesn't start with a "W" does it Golf?
  • Options

Jaddick said:

Jaddick said:

500k for a player who scored 24 goals and 8 assists in 36 games in Ligue 2 is ridiculously unrealistic.

Where have you been for the past 10 years of football? If someone scores 24 goals in the Conference at 22 they would likely cost more than 500k. Jamie Vardy left Fleetwood to go to Leicester for 1m and he scored 31 in the Conference that season. People forgetting Charlie Austin played semi-professional before ruining League 1 and now look where he is.

No guarantees he's going to be amazing but just because he plays in Ligue 2 can we stop dismissing his ability?

Would you be kind enough to read my post again, and then tell me what part
    of 500k DOWN you still don't understand. For the last ten years RM has been telling anyone who will listen that it's all about instalments and performance related payments.

I'm not denigrating his ability since I haven't had a chance to assess it and neither has anyone else on here. Why I'm denigrating is the laughable sales technique of the Tours chairman and the players advisors, and I'm just trying to warn against us buying into it.
    Because 500k initial payment and the rest based on installments is laughable. Ha, I understand. Seems like you don't understand modern football and especially the situation we're led to believe Tours are in. For a club that need to pay a tax bill and owe money the thing they're likely to LOVE is an installments/performance based payment system so they're waiting possibly 2 or 3 years to the money.

Also have you ever seen a deal where 80% of the potential payment is addons for an established player?
    Let's say you want to buy a house. You find one you like, however when you check on Right Move you find the owner is asking double what apparently similar houses in the same street have gone for. You inspect the house and cannot see what is so special about it that would justify the huge premium. So you ask the owner and he says "Oh I have a huge unpaid tax bill and will go bankrupt if I can't get this amount of money for it.."

Do you feel terribly sorry for him and pay him what he is asking?

But hey, I don't understand modern football, put me right on what is so different to this example
    IMO you have just lost the argument with this ridiculous comparison.

You also wouldn't put x£ down and then y£ over a period of time if you lived in it for so many days!
  • Options
    Being Wigan is rumoured to be one of the clubs talking to him and rumoured to be offering more wages than us, it seems strange that Rossler was complaining that they could not compete on transfers as they have no money, which seems strange as they must still be getting money from the premier league
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    ross1 said:

Being Wigan is rumoured to be one of the clubs talking to him and rumoured to be offering more wages than us, it seems strange that Rossler was complaining that they could not compete on transfers as they have no money, which seems strange as they must still be getting money from the premier league

Rosler was probably talking a load of b******s
  • Options
    I've sussed this. Andy Delorts is not real. He doesn't exist. He is an anagram of "le deodoranty" which is medieval French for •ninja" or can be loosely translated as "smelly pits". He is no more than a deodorant. A false scent. A bums rush. Fabricated by Simon church to make us appreciate him when he is the last man standing. Bah humbug.
  • Options
    Bums rush?
  • Options

I think we're building this fella up a little too much?

If we ever did sign him, and it's a big if , surely he'd never be able to live up to the hype and excitement shown on here.

Is he really, I mean really that good?

Is he going to be the next Jordan Rhodes, or the next Pawel Abbott?

Sorry to be a wet blanket, but getting excited over a player I've never seen play , or heard of before except through charlton life is a bit bonkers.

It's like the whole of Charlton life has popped over to Amsterdam for the weekend, been on the funny fags, and lost touch with reality.

It's the hope that kills you, MIA

:-)

• Options
    Scoham said:

Forest were said to have paid £5.5m for Assombalonga. £1-2m doesn't seem to bad in comparison. Strikers are usually more expensive, we'll struggle to get any striker proven at a decent level for €500k. We've also been linked with Salibur who plays in the same league, I'd be surprised if Standard Liege hadn't been watching games that division last season.

If we're comparing the French 2nd tier to our 3rd tier it was Yann and Solly who stood out as our best players at that level, not BWP. We wouldn't have accepted half a million plus clauses would we? Both easily made the step up as expected. Unlike BWP, maybe Delort has more to his all round game, maybe he's more than just a poacher. That might be why we're potentially going to spend a few million on him.

We need another striker and if Bob wants him and Roland is willing to pay a big fee I'll trust their judgement. They haven't done a bad job so far in judging that our signings from abroad could adapt to the Championship.

Are you Valley Gary in disguise ?

• Options
    edited August 2014

Don't you think this has all become a bit like Kezman?

Went on the TV, announced he was moving to Charlton, had spoken to RM, blah blah blah...

The next thing we know, he's signed for Chelsea...

Thought he was Mick Everett's son ....

( How can you tell I'm bored with the Grand Prix highlights?)

• Options
    Fumbluff said:

Bums rush?

Scottish expression. Sorry. If you give someone the bums rush you are brushing them off.
  • Options
    Why not just trust the scouting staff, RD and BP who've done fantastic to get the players we have this summer. If they believe that Delort is worth it then they pay it, and I'd say we're more likely to find another gem than get mugged off.

I do trust them. And if you go back through the thread, that would be perfectly obvious. And the key point is that so far we have not bought him. Now why do you think that is?. Neither has anyone else bought him. Despite a ludicrous range of clubs from Atletico Madrid to Brentford allegedly being "interested", you will find no record on the web of Tours turning down a firm offer for him. Since as you yourself are aware, they want and need to sell him, the reason is simple. None of these 16 or more clubs agree with their valuation.

By all means compare Delort and Vetokele. I already did in this (or one of the other) threads two or three weeks ago. Note the pedigree of the clubs where Vetokele has played first team football, and in particular his Belgian pedigree and the fact that Peeters has worked with him. That is why we moved in and actually got him before you or I could spell his name, and no other clubs were sniffing around. Great work.

If you think I am making it up about relatively low upfront payments, instalments and performance related payments in what you call "modern football", then I suggest you go along and listen to Richard Murray the next time he is available for a public meeting. He'll also mention that wages are important as well as fees, in weighing up the decision to sign or not. He's been trying to educate us on all this for years. You should also check up on what RD has had to say about the cost of English players. He's on a crusade not to overpay, and especially not to enrich agents. And we should all support him in that aim. From your tone, I get the impression that you think that RD and co will decide based on the opinions on this thread.

And for the final time, If we sign him, which I continue to seriously doubt, then I will support him as I do any other player who dons the shirt. You don't find me slagging off Simon Church. But I am confident that if we sign him it will turn out to be for far less than the ridiculous figures being bandied around, and I have made a public bet with myself on here to put my money where my mouth is.
  • Options
    This week might be the week, I can feel it.
  • Options

This week month might be the weekmonth, I can feel it.

Fixed it for you
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sounds like Prague is buying Andy Delort for us, nice one Prague!
  • Options
    Wow, very generous. Thank you PA!
  • Options
    I think we only have a week left on this thread then we will know the answer,bloody good job
  • Options

Sounds like Prague is buying Andy Delort for us, nice one Prague!

Yes that came across wrong, didn't it.

Of course when i said £50, I meant £50 down, with the rest in performance based instalments :-)
  • Options
    I know you cant really compare players but didn't West Ham sign Diafra Sakho for £4.5m?

He scored a similar amount as goals as Delort in the same league last season.
  • Options
    You are probably right, Eric.
  • Options
    Katrien is Roland's negotiator and she has been told not to go the whole way ! That's a sweet thought on a sunday night.
  • Options

I've sussed this. Andy Delorts is not real. He doesn't exist. He is an anagram of "le deodoranty" which is medieval French for •ninja" or can be loosely translated as "smelly pits". He is no more than a deodorant. A false scent. A bums rush. Fabricated by Simon church to make us appreciate him when he is the last man standing. Bah humbug.

It's also an anagram of Lady Rodent. So it's settled then, We're signing Minnie Mouse...................
  • Options

It's also an anagram of Lady Rodent. So it's settled then, We're signing Minnie Mouse...................
    Or someone's getting a rampant rabbit.