Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

SouthEastern this Morning

Comments

• Options

On the Greenwich line, compounding the problem someone was taken ill at Abbey Wood. It's probably Southeastern that's made the poor sod ill with the endless shit service and overcrowding.

Im on that train. Saw the crowds at the station first thing and jumped on a train to Dartford to get on one coming back (that I could actually get on)
    At least we've gone 'fast' from Abbey Wood. ..
  • Options
    "Customers for Cannon St should board this train and change at London Bridge" or alternatively, board this train and watch London Bridge from the window on your way to Waterloo without stopping...
  • Options
    change to what tho, if they are all cancelled? might as well walk from there
  • Options
    Partly reopened now apparently.
  • Options

Ended up walking from Hither Green to Lewisham to get the DLR as no trains from Bexley were stopping at Lewisham.

Complete and utter joke.

What can I do about it? F*** all. I, like many others just have to bend over and take it.

Pathetic excuse of a company.

A tip for next time, walk over the footbridge and get the first train from Platform 3. They all mostly stop at Lewisham :)

• Options
    razil said:

change to what tho, if they are all cancelled? might as well walk from there

That's what I was going to do and indeed ended up doing after getting off at Waterloo East and getting the 8.08 (at 8.28) back to London Bridge.

• Options
    waterloo and city line too..
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:

Ended up walking from Hither Green to Lewisham to get the DLR as no trains from Bexley were stopping at Lewisham.

Complete and utter joke.

What can I do about it? F*** all. I, like many others just have to bend over and take it.

Pathetic excuse of a company.

A tip for next time, walk over the footbridge and get the first train from Platform 3. They all mostly stop at Lewisham :)

LOL -- Tried that John. It was ridiculously busy and I didn't fancy waiting around for an hour on a packed platform.

Plus I needed the walk after over indulging recently! ;o)
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    This is all too unbelievable.

We never hear or see that Johnboy when the Spuds do their usual losing at home after a Europa Cup tie. They sneak a last minute away winner and he's all over us like a rash. Anyway, living in North London as he surely must, how does he even know what South Eastern train are like ;-)

• Sponsored links:

• Options

We never hear or see that Johnboy when the Spuds do their usual losing at home after a Europa Cup tie. They sneak a last minute away winner and he's all over us like a rash. Anyway, living in North London as he surely must, how does he even know what South Eastern train are like ;-)

Haha, 4 very late PL away winners in one season is so very un-Spursy. Pretty close to robbery picking up all three points from that game yesterday.
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:

Haha, 4 very late PL away winners in one season is so very un-Spursy. Pretty close to robbery picking up all three points from that game yesterday.
    I'm only sore at my Utd/draw double going down the tubes ;-(
  • Options
    I'm getting made redundant this month and I'm seriously considering not getting another job on the City because of the hassle of getting to and from work.
  • Options
    WayneK said:

I'm getting made redundant this month and I'm seriously considering not getting another job on the City because of the hassle of getting to and from work.

If I could get a job locally that paid even close to what I can get in the City then I'd be out of here in a flash.

• Options
    WayneK said:

sorry to hear that mate, hope you find something else soon.
  • Options

If there is a safety issue, its understandable. What pisses me off is that they cancel all cannon street trains. Why dont they just terminate them at london bridge? Idiots

they did that on my train from westcombe park
  • Options
    WayneK said:

become a train driver, very good pay
  • Options

WayneK said:

become a train driver, very good pay
    And on the rare occasions there are leaves on the line, holes in bridges, excessive wind, snow, signal failure, trains breaking down etc etc you get paid for not being able to work.
  • Options
    Much like this morning, sitting outside London Bridge for 5+ minutes
  • Options
    Chaos on way home last night and then 20 minutes late in this morning on a short-formed train with no heating. Looking forward to the January fare rises!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sat outside London Bridge for 10+ minutes and the heating was on way too high.
  • Options
    Is Cannon Street open today?
  • Options
    Yes
  • Options
    They just can't help themselves. It better not be a repeat of last thurs
  • Options
    FFS
  • Options
    I'm off today but might try and make it up to the city so I can drag afka out.
  • Options
    AFKA I'm in the Vintry if you need me.
  • Options

"spent force" his words
  • Options

you could always meet me at Sidcup !
  • Options
    Two days in a row my train from Sidcup to CX has arrived on time, amazing.

However, my train home tonight was 10 minutes late. To be fair though, a bloke in my carriage did pull the handle in the 'lewisham by-pass' and jump off on the track.