Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

SouthEastern this Morning

Comments

• Options
    My train was 5 carriages this morning. Fortunately I had checked the SE website before leaving so I knew about that and was able to get the earlier train into London Bridge and change there.
  • Options
    my fast from London Bridge to New Eltham train last night, a bloke sitting by me downed 3 cans of Kronie before we'd even pulled into New Eltham.

I didn't know whether to be saddened or impressed.
  • Options
    edited December 2014

my fast from London Bridge to New Eltham train last night, a bloke sitting by me downed 3 cans of Kronie before we'd even pulled into New Eltham.

Impressed if he had the decency to offer you a can.

Saddened if he was greedy and kept them all to himself.
  • Options

You know you're getting old mate when you even begin to consider being saddened by that.
  • Options

I quite often get a train with a guy who is in a full suit (rather large) but he has trainers on, and sinks 4 cans of lager from m+s every single night that I have seen him, whilst playing games on his iPad.
  • Options
    Huskaris said:

I quite often get a train with a guy who is in a full suit (rather large) but he has trainers on, and sinks 4 cans of lager from m+s every single night that I have seen him, whilst playing games on his iPad.
    Got to admire them chops lads. Especially with the state of the bogs on the trains and at the stations. Tremendous bladder control required.
  • Options

Two days in a row my train from Sidcup to CX has arrived on time, amazing.

However, my train home tonight was 10 minutes late. To be fair though, a bloke in my carriage did pull the handle in the 'lewisham by-pass' and jump off on the track.

Obviously Millwall.
  • Options
    Delayed getting home tonight due to fight on train. Driver asked if they could wave their hands out of the door once they had finished, so he could move the train again.
  • Options

Delayed getting home tonight due to fight on train. Driver asked if they could wave their hands out of the door once they had finished, so he could move the train again.

Must be the Bexleyheath line! ;o)
  • Options

More than likely the Bromley line, ran out of canapés in the buffet
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Correct answer
  • Options

Surely that's "lineist"
  • Options
    I still can't get this straight, despite having had a look on their timetable. Are any of their Charing Cross services stopping at London Bridge from Monday onwards. I've moved house over Xmas so now have to get a train from Forest Hill into L Bridge, want to cross over onto platform 6 and onto Charing Cross, but not sure if I can with the redevelopments etc
  • Options
    I don't think it fully kicks in for another week. Platform 6 is the last one still open (to get off at today), so i reckon (and this is just a guess)....

5 and 6 will be used for non-stopping trains going through and out from Charing X, 1-3 for in and out of Cannon (and stopping). 4 could fall into either camp.

In answer to your question (Are any of their Charing Cross services stopping at London Bridge from Monday onwards), according to Southeastern website, the answer is No.
  • Options

I don't think it fully kicks in for another week. Platform 6 is the last one still open (to get off at today), so i reckon (and this is just a guess)....

5 and 6 will be used for non-stopping trains going through and out from Charing X, 1-3 for in and out of Cannon (and stopping). 4 could fall into either camp.

In answer to your question (Are any of their Charing Cross services stopping at London Bridge from Monday onwards), according to Southeastern website, the answer is No.

Cheers AFKA. Agitations of finding a new route, but it will probably mean I won't be able to join in on this thread with all the hatred anymore....
  • Options
    Anyone claiming back as much as this fella managed on the East Anglia line?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/commuter-claims-back-refunds-delayed-4903974
  • Options
    cabbles said:

I still can't get this straight, despite having had a look on their timetable. Are any of their Charing Cross services stopping at London Bridge from Monday onwards. I've moved house over Xmas so now have to get a train from Forest Hill into L Bridge, want to cross over onto platform 6 and onto Charing Cross, but not sure if I can with the redevelopments etc

Does that mean you're into the hands of Southern now ? Out of the frying pan...
  • Options

I've been following the progress of the London Bridge rebuild fairly closely. AFKA is on the money.
    Platform 4 will be used for through traffic though, as three tracks are needed to run through to London Charing Cross.

• Options
    se9addick said:

cabbles said:

According to this - http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2014/feb/17/private-train-operators-passengers-dissatisfied - South Eastern is the worst operator in the country in terms of customer satisfaction with a score of 40%. Southern is slightly better with 46%. So @Cabbles has effectively upgraded from "the bowels of Hell" to just "Hell". Congratulations!
  • Options
    It's now £9 if I want to get the train to work between Gravesend and Dartford. It's 7 miles. That is utterly scandalous.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    How much is a cab? Is there a bus you can take?
  • Options
    iaitch said:

How much is a cab? Is there a bus you can take?

I have a motorcycle but there are times I have to get the train. It makes me feel better about the occasional dodged fare.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    se9addick said:

cabbles said:

Aye. I have no idea what the deal will be with southern or my most efficient route to Charing Cross yet if the option of switching at L bdg isn't available.

I may even consider a bus that goes all the way there from where I live. Who knows.

It does mean that this may be one thread I just can't be a part of anymore, and I am oblivious of @AFKABartram‌ @DaveMehmet‌ 's nights on the sauce ;-)
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    cabbles said:

Cheers AFKA. Agitations of finding a new route, but it will probably mean I won't be able to join in on this thread with all the hatred anymore....

Try Overground to Canada water, jubilee to Southwark, walk up to waterloo east, then the one stop to charing cross.. Do this on a travelcard and not oyster singles or cost will be much higher.

Alternatively stay on jubilee to Westminster and walk, or it take one stop east from there to embankment.

The Overground has saved a good portion of south London from Southern trains. And put 10-20% on house prices. Cabbles you must be doing well for yourself ;)
  • Options

cabbles said:

Try Overground to Canada water, jubilee to Southwark, walk up to waterloo east, then the one stop to charing cross.. Do this on a travelcard and not oyster singles or cost will be much higher.

Alternatively stay on jubilee to Westminster and walk, or it take one stop east from there to embankment.

The Overground has saved a good portion of south London from Southern trains. And put 10-20% on house prices. Cabbles you must be doing well for yourself ;)
    That's the one I was toying with and prob the best option. Although South Eastern are crap, I really did benefit from that 1 train direct. It does look like chopping and changing.

Re: house prices, I only rent, and my rent as gone up as well, so yes I'm glad the overground has added an extra 10-20% to house prices in that area :wink:
  • Options
    signal problems at ldn bridge, delays of up to 30mins expected till at least 10am
  • Options
    Passenger Ill on a train at Charlton and they had to wait for an ambulance. That line is now screwed but we can't blame them for that one.
  • Options

signal problems at ldn bridge, delays of up to 30mins expected till at least 10am

They really are beyond parody. Tossers.
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

Passenger Ill on a train at Charlton and they had to wait for an ambulance. That line is now screwed but we can't blame them for that one.

But we can blame them for cancelling the Charing Cross train before it, making it twice as packed!