Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Carson Incident

Comments

• Options
    We all get pissed off with things that go against us but not as far as spitting at somebody I take my boy I know if I reacted like that he wouldn't talk to me let alone come charlton with me again
  • Options
    It is horrible to see at such a great club as Charlton! they should be banned for life.

Playing devils advocate though, what if these guys were provoked in some way? i wasn't at the game so don't know and haven't seen it apart from the vids, but does any one know if carson perhaps said anything?

not that it would justify the actions in anyway - was just wondering.

• Options
    C4FC4L1f3 said:

It is horrible to see at such a great club as Charlton! they should be banned for life.

Playing devils advocate though, what if these guys were provoked in some way? i wasn't at the game so don't know and haven't seen it apart from the vids, but does any one know if carson perhaps said anything?

Not really. He conceded a goal and lay there. They ran down and rather than celebrate shouted abuse at him. At worst he told them to F off. Before that he had been chatting to the crowd and laughing when we asked him to concede a goal.
  • Options
    Was going to take my boy today. Glad I didn't.
    How do you explain grown men doing that???
  • Options
    Needs naming and shaming...
  • Options
    Don't be put off taking your boy by scumbags like that just tell him it was a palace fan that couldn't get a tticket to the arsenal game
  • Options

Needs naming and shaming...

Needs naming, he has brought the shame on himself.
  • Options
    Jdredsox said:

C4FC4L1f3 said:

Not really. He conceded a goal and lay there. They ran down and rather than celebrate shouted abuse at him. At worst he told them to F off. Before that he had been chatting to the crowd and laughing when we asked him to concede a goal.

Ban them for life then! I wouldn't care what was happening I would be going too nuts to give anyone any shit. Just scored and they do that! Strange behaviour!

• Options
    What a nobcheese, no justification.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Outrageous behaviour - Ban them.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Did not see it from where I was, but agree its disgusting and not wanted at Charlton. Poor Carson.
  • Options
    I despair, i really do. Hope the dirty gobbing minger is IDed and banned. The stewards do my head in too. They throw their weight about when it suits them, but they were about as much use a cock flavoured lollipop in this situation
  • Options
    Not acceptable. I hope it doesn't taint any happy memories Carson may have of his time at The Valley and that he is aware of these messages of support. Unfortunately, we all get tainted by such moronic behaviour
  • Options
    Incidents like that paint us all. No room for it at football. Bam him.
  • Options
    Filth bag
  • Options
    Noticed from the NWQ Carson finger pointing and some verbals in the aftermath of the celebration. Seems like quite a way to spit from the North Lower hoarding to where he had been lying in the goalmouth so surprised to hear that's what it was about. As has been said, pathetic and inexplicable...
  • Options
    Wonder if the twat would be so brave if he ran into Carson in the street, low life cowardly scum
  • Options
    herd about it in the Lib after by a mate who was behind goal----said the guy spat in Carsons face !! and i saw myself as Carson walked off he was talking to an official and made a gesture which was like a head but ---this must have been the guy spitting---WTF
  • Options
    Spitting in someone's face really is the most cowardly act. Hope the lowlife is found, arrested, prosecuted and without doubt given a life ban from all football grounds.

Scott was given a well deserved reception from the north stand and the actions of this prick soured a good day.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Actually gave up my seat in the North because of really stupid young boys acting billy big bollocks. 3 in particular always going to the toilet together, one of the twats found it only relevant to cheer and extended his arms whilst squeezing past my seat and me. He would stand in between me and my seat and sing. Had to move him on.

Turning up for a busy game and having some young lad who wouldn't move out of my seat and only side shuffled a bit as he wanted to be with the big boys for a big game. All of the London derby's I had to usher these kids out of my seat to their displeasure.

Racist comments and arguments from a couple of gangs up there. At points I had brought guests on my mates ticket and it was just embarrassing. The same 2 lots fighting. Remember seeing a young mixed race lad told if he didn't like it to fuck off. Not on.

You could say just lads being lads but I don't think that's what Charlton is about. I definitely didn't wanna sit anywhere near it. Some of these fans were just plain disgusting.

Thankfully most Charlton fans are decent people who can enjoy a beer, the banter and hopefully a win at the valley.
  • Options
    I didn't see the spitting - but the 2 or 3 idiots giving abuse to Carson while clearly being told not to do so by the stewards did enough to earn a ban for that alone. I'm surprised the stewards didn't do a lot more in response.

All credit to Carson as well for that save from Ventokele.
  • Options

Would be good if somebody from the Club apologises officially to SC without being prompted - you cant rewind the incident but you can look to be proactive in your response.

life ban. no spitting at football. you spit on a parks game you are scum, dont bring that manouvere down the Valley.

I didn't realise people would find that word so offensive

I apologise. I won't use it again on here
  • Options
    Dear me... who gets offended by the word pikey? My favourite word... flag me Chizz!!

• Options
    Yeah no flags until that... :(

I suppose I can be much more abusive now I lost my clean sheet

• Options

Curb_It said:

Dear me... who gets offended by the word pikey?

Pikeys do.
    I dont know any so i should be okay.

• Options
    All the stick Red Division got and comments made about younger fans misbehaving and its a fat bald prick in his 50's thats spitting at ex players. Can't stand spitting.
  • Options
    Has there been any mention of the indecent from the club?