Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Joe Gomez (ed. ongoing progress)

Comments

• Options
    On the bench against Carlisle tonight. Unused sub.
    Reckon that reflects how far this lad has come.
  • Options

On the bench against Carlisle tonight. Unused sub.
    Reckon that reflects how far this lad has come.

He'll be a regular when Rodgers gets the sack
  • Options
    For those still wondering what the Transfer Fee was for Joe Gomez and what Liverpool leaked...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35586713

I know in this case its John Stones and Barnsley yet it does appear as though Premier League clubs are trying to hide what they spend
  • Options
    wouldn't surprise me if 1.25m was the initial fee but it has since risen to 3m with add-on's. However, Moyes could be wrong as I don't doubt that Managers are not always aware of fees paid. That's up to CEO's to cock-up ;-))
  • Options
    Looks like Brendan Rodgers is taking Joe to Celtic.

• Options
    He's better than the SPL. At least he'll start every week I guess.
  • Options

I believe it's only a loan, also gets to play champion's league.
  • Options
    What about our money for appearances ? I don't suppose we sought to include a provision whereby we receive a percentage of any loan fee.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Brendan is still a great manager for a young player to play under and I think Celtic will be a better team than they have been the last couple of years. Could be a great experience for him (if they make the CL group stage anyway) rather than playing in the League Cup.
  • Options
    Silly move, going to learn and defend like an old school defender. Should be going to a lower Serie A team or La Liga and learning to defend properly.
  • Options

I believe it's only a loan, also gets to play champion's league.
    Oh I see. Makes more sense then!
  • Options
    Charlton Athletic. Liverpool. Celtic.

Only Aston Villa, East Fife and Northampton Town to go now.

(Unless I have missed any).
  • Options
    Blucher said:

What about our money for appearances ? I don't suppose we sought to include a provision whereby we receive a percentage of any loan fee.

No doubt that was all taken care of by our professionl team of negotiators headed up by one of the smartest and youngest female CEO's in the game...

Yes i know that is bollocks but i am preparing myself for diddly squat!
  • Options
    Greenie said:

Greenie said:

Joe is one week younger than my youngest son.
    As a fan I hope he stays but if my son had top Prem teams looking at him I would encourage him to leave after signing a new contract!

The only top club I'd encourage my son to go to would be Arsenal, as long as Wenger is there, because they are committed to giving young players a chance. Chelsea? Pah! I'd also advise him to bide his time. The money he's earning now might be a lot less than he'd earn at a top club, but it's still a King's ransom compared to most 17-year-olds, the megabucks will come his way eventually, and he does appear to be enjoying playing first-team football at Charlton. So I expect Joe to be with us next season, longer if we go up. In the meantime we seem to have a decent relationship with Arsenal, and we might be able to tease a loanee striker out of them just to keep things going.

Not if he busts his leg and fecks up his career.
    Any player is a mug if he doesn't take the big bucks when offered. Parker was right to take the money (although he went about it the wrong way), Joe would be right to as well. Wouldn't blame him if he did.
    dizzee said:

Silly move, going to learn and defend like an old school defender. Should be going to a lower Serie A team or La Liga and learning to defend properly.

Yep, Van Dijk Southamptons player of season and now Dutch starter would have won ballon d'or if he hadn't wasted 2 years learning how to defend old school....
  • Options
    Chizz said:

As long as there's a loan to York in there somewhere. :wink:
  • Options
    Chizz said:

Kilmarnock.
  • Options

Chizz said:

As long as there's a loan to York in there somewhere. :wink:
    Dundee United
  • Options
    OK. So, after his loan spell at Celtic, he goes to Villa, who loan him to Northampton and then York. Then he gets sold to Dundee United, who loan him first to East Fife, then finally to Kilmarnock. Is that right?

Or does he go anywhere else too?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Nuneaton Town.
  • Options
    Sligo Rovers.
  • Options
    Erith and Belvedere.
  • Options
    good move and for those critical of the Scottish league it has not stopped the likes of wanyema, Van Dijk, and Forster developing into much sought after players. He will experience first to football on the European stage good move
  • Options
    If the reports are correct, I'm really surprised that Klopp doesn't want to have a proper look at Joe Gomez. I appreciate that Liverpool have no European games next season but they hardly have a surfeit of good central defenders.

I haven't seen much of the Scottish Premier League but the fact that Churchy can go up there and score 6 goals in 13 games last season (albeit in a good Aberdeen side) doesn't suggest that the standard is particularly high.
  • Options
    Blucher said:

If the reports are correct, I'm really surprised that Klopp doesn't want to have a proper look at Joe Gomez. I appreciate that Liverpool have no European games next season but they hardly have a surfeit of good central defenders.

I haven't seen much of the Scottish Premier League but the fact that Churchy can go up there and score 6 goals in 13 games last season (albeit in a good Aberdeen side) doesn't suggest that the standard is particularly high.

Likewise they were raving about a young 'keeper (Danny Ward) who went up and did really well with Aberdeen.

He's going to the Euros with Wales and made his debut for Liverpool late last season yet after all that raving they seem to have realised that he did all that good work in Scotland (hence why else sign that other goalie from Mainz)
  • Options
    Just seen a comment from Jurgen Klopp on the BBC Sportsday rolling new thingy

Apparently Joe is finally back in Full Training... has taken him a year to manage it, hope he's not lost any of his potential
  • Options

Just seen a comment from Jurgen Klopp on the BBC Sportsday rolling new thingy

Apparently Joe is finally back in Full Training... has taken him a year to manage it, hope he's not lost any of his potential

for what they paid for him i hope he is shit!
  • Options
    This is where the emergency loan window made sense, as he could go on loan for a month or two to a championship club to regain match fitness. Now he has to wait to play in reserve games or the cups before being thrust back into the premier league