Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Kent CCC 2015

Comments

• Options
    Tutt-Tutt said:

Surrey CCC membership in March 2015 was 9,800.

one of the reasons Surrey ( and other test grounds) have high memberships is it gives them preference and guaranteed test tickets. Even considered joining myself last year to get ashes tickets. Couldn't bring myself to do it though!

• Options
    342-2 Key gone for 158
  • Options
    redman said:

Tutt-Tutt said:

Surrey CCC membership in March 2015 was 9,800.

one of the reasons Surrey ( and other test grounds) have high memberships is it gives them preference and guaranteed test tickets. Even considered joining myself last year to get ashes tickets. Couldn't bring myself to do it though!

Yes, I've been through those sort of dark thoughts as well!

And lets face it, The Oval is far better located. So many more people can easily visit it than Canterbury
  • Options
    374-2

Denly 118* 971 county championship runs for the season and (hopefully!) counting.
  • Options
    451-2 dec so have set Glamorgan 554 to win

Denly 166* so passes his 1000 for the season
    Northeast 50*

In reply Glamorgan are 41-2 and no surprises that Coles has taken both
  • Options
    Kent this season to me have always looked one decent batsman short, and one decent bowler short from being a potentially decent team. Stevens has been a great player for Kent, but when you see him taking the new ball, you do wonder!
  • Options

Kent this season to me have always looked one decent batsman short, and one decent bowler short from being a potentially decent team. Stevens has been a great player for Kent, but when you see him taking the new ball, you do wonder!

Coles (65 wickets @ 23.30) and Stevens (56 @ 21.44) have taken 121 wickets between them in the CC so far this season.

The rest of the squad have taken just 105 wickets between them.
  • Options
    102-2 Bad light stopped play. At least we can't lose from here!
  • Options

102-2 Bad light stopped play. At least we can't lose from here!

That was the close of play score. Glamorgan need 453 on the final day!
  • Options
    Keep repeating ad infinitum....

We CAN do this

We CAN do this

:smile:
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Start delayed due to rain.
  • Options
    Play has resumed.
  • Options
    117-3

Stevens bowls Kettleborough
  • Options
    117-4

Another to Stevens.

With any luck we will bowl them out before I have to set off for the game ;-)
  • Options
    The way Stevens is going it will be all over before lunch - four wickets this morning!

127-6
  • Options
    How long can he continue playing like this for us?
  • Options
    132/7
  • Options
    165-8

Stevens 5-56
    Coles 3-43

Can't imagine where we would have been this season had Stevens been banned as was a possibility following the so called accusation of match fixing and Coles not returned to us.
  • Options
    Kent win by 316 runs.

Just 14 points off of third place....
  • Options
    Glamorgan put out the youth team?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

165-8

Stevens 5-56
    Coles 3-43

Can't imagine where we would have been this season had Stevens been banned as was a possibility following the so called accusation of match fixing and Coles not returned to us.

It's amazing how as he's got older he's gone from a batsman who bowls to a front line bowler who bats!
  • Options

Just as I said Alex blake looks like he was off to sussex, he has now just signed a contract extension. Brilliant news.

Hope he now kicks on in four day cricket.

Does anyone else think that there might be a connection between Blake signing a new contract and him being selected for his first CC game in three years?

Team for final game of the season as follows:

Daniel Bell-Drummond, Joe Denly, Sean Dickson, Sam Northeast (c), Alex Blake, Darren Stevens, Ryan Davies (wk), Matt Coles, Mitch Claydon, Adam Riley, Matt Hunn.
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    As his agent, I can confirm that kent were refusing to pick him in four day cricket till he signed the contract.
  • Options
    Final game of the season at home to Gloucs.

Start delayed due to rain.
  • Options
    Still no play. Further inspection at 2.30.
  • Options

Still no play. Further inspection at 2.30.

Not my fault, guys !!

Moving house next Monday so FAR too busy here to be dancing !

• Options
    Gloucs won toss and have inserted us.

Dickson is opening with D B-D as Big Rob has a strained muscle - no truth in the rumour that it is in his drinking arm.
  • Options
    Sorry for the delay in an update but play has only just ended for the day ;-)

56-1

D B-D LBW b Payne 22 (have we seen that sort of score from him before this season?

Dickson 31*
    Denly 9*
  • Options

Gloucs won toss and have inserted us.

Dickson is opening with D B-D as Big Rob has a strained muscle - no truth in the rumour that it is in his drinking arm.

Rob Key has muscles?
  • Options
    Start delayed to Day 2 due to a wet outfield.