Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Proud Valiants - Charlton's first LGBT Group

Comments

• Well it does..

How?
  • edited May 2015
    It shouldnt bother you as it doesnt affect you. Being more welcoming to LBGT community may mean more fans in the stands, more money in the clubs coffers and maybe even a few more at away games.

And as to why these groups exist - because there has never been any heteraphobic abuse given to anyone ever in the history of football. Heterosexuals dont really need to combat any songs/chants/ostracisation etc in the game. Why some find that hard to get their head around I dont know.

In other news poor old Andrew is having a meltdown, promising to do unspeakable things to another fan at the Valley. It's all a bit sexually charged if you ask me.
  • "Proud Valiants has had a number of discussions with the club who have pledged their full support."

So, the club do respond to requests for meetings from groups representing supporters then......?
  • The group was founded by Charlton supporters who identify themselves as part of the LGBT community, it hasn't been started by a club in an attempt to segregate gay and straight fans or to satisfy some superficial equality agenda. Good luck to them I say, we'll find out in due course if there's a good demand or 'need' for it.
  • No need for it in my opinion. Why make a group seperating yourselves from straight supporters? And then moan about wanting equality

I think you have somewhat missed the point of what such a group is for. If you really want an answer to your question, why not contact the group and ask them?
  • cafcfan said:

"Proud Valiants has had a number of discussions with the club who have pledged their full support."

So, the club do respond to requests for meetings from groups representing supporters then......?

Yes, but the Club has more than one employee.
  • L G B T .. large gin and a britvic tonic
  • edited May 2015
    I don’t think there is anybody precluding anybody forming a Charlton supporters group. I wish them well – hopefully they can attract a few more supporters. They have a role too - if they experience homophobia at the ground for instance.
  • cafcfan said:

"Proud Valiants has had a number of discussions with the club who have pledged their full support."

Only because none of them are on the Trust Board.
  • Fiiish said:

The group was founded by Charlton supporters who identify themselves as part of the LGBT community, it hasn't been started by a club in an attempt to segregate gay and straight fans or to satisfy some superficial equality agenda. Good luck to them I say, we'll find out in due course if there's a good demand or 'need' for it.

Actually my point was about "the LGBT community". I am wary of Henry doubting my sincerity here, but a friend of mine is gay, is in a long term relationship and I don't perceive that he is part of a community other than the one we are all part of. He and his fiancé just live their lives. Maybe he thinks differently. It's not the sort of thing that it occurs to me to ask him.

• Sponsored links:

• Maybe open an official gay bar on the north upper concourse?

• No need for it in my opinion. Why make a group seperating yourselves from straight supporters? And then moan about wanting equality

tell me about the last time some one shouted abuse or threatened you because you were straight. I'm intrigued.
  • Can we do a petition to have that bloke's season ticket destroyed, I don't think we've done one for a few days.

tell me about the last time some one shouted abuse or threatened you because you were straight. I'm intrigued.
    Know them personally enough to know that they suffer with people shouting abuse at them do you mate? didn't think so. Stereotypes like that do groups like this no good.
  • Wow, being reading his tweets, he really has issues, not sure how much longer Guy Luzon will be following him
  • I thought it was a planned jolly boys trip

Leeds
    Glasgow
    Blackpool
    Torquay

Or for the better experience
    Larnaca
    Gibraltar
    Berlin
    Tenerife
  • Maybe open an official gay bar on the north upper concourse?

An apt username for such a suggestion.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited May 2015
    PL54 said:

Addickted said:

Beware of Greeks bearing rifts.

I thought the Romans were fairly forthright - was Caligula Roman or Greek ?
    In 'Lady Chatterley's Lover' (1928), D H Lawrence refers to heterosexual anal sex as "the Italian way".

• Will there be #90smegamix ?

Why bother having a Kent addicks or Bromley addicks or Essex addicks supporters group, arent they separating themselves from the London supporters?
  • CAFCTrev said:

No need for it in my opinion. Why make a group seperating yourselves from straight supporters? And then moan about wanting equality

Why bother having a Kent addicks or Bromley addicks or Essex addicks supporters group, arent they separating themselves from the London supporters?
    I think Kent, Bromley and Essex Addicks were set up to separate themselves from supporters from East London, Trev
  • brogib said:

CAFCTrev said:

No need for it in my opinion. Why make a group seperating yourselves from straight supporters? And then moan about wanting equality

I think Kent, Bromley and Essex Addicks were set up to separate themselves from supporters from East London, Trev
    Touché!
  • Who designed the badge/logo? It's terrible.
  • PL54 said:

Addickted said:

Beware of Greeks bearing rifts.

I thought the Romans were fairly forthright - was Caligula Roman or Greek ?
    In 'Lady Chatterley's Lover' (1928), D H Lawrence refers to heterosexual anal sex as "the Italian way".

Sits back and waits, hovering over the LOL button...............