Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Proud Valiants - Charlton's first LGBT Group

Comments

• He's got pictures of himself on twitter.

Do you think he might be in employment?
    He could be without a season ticket and job too very soon.
  • I would have called him a drama queen but he might take that the wrong way.

I think he would implode if you suggested he might take it the wrong way ;)
    He's not getting behind the cause either way.
  • Curb_It said:

He's got pictures of himself on twitter.

Think he might be in worse trouble than that:

"Charlton have also been contacted by Kick It Out, football’s equality and inclusion organisation, who have informed the club that they have passed on the offensive comments to the Police for further investigation. "
  • Good riddance
  • WSS said:

Doesn't look like greeky will be around next season.

Can I just add that, despite what you might think thanks to the well-reported ranting of bigots, that homophobia is not actually a Christian value.
  • No refund and banned from The Valley. Karma.

• PL54 said:

Nothing better than a massive overreaction..

No, that's what you'll get when they set up Proud Owls.
  • Curb_It said:

He's got pictures of himself on twitter.

Think he might be in worse trouble than that:

"Charlton have also been contacted by Kick It Out, football’s equality and inclusion organisation, who have informed the club that they have passed on the offensive comments to the Police for further investigation. "
    Sacked in the morning, you're getting sacked in the morning!
  • Sponsored links:

• No refund and banned from The Valley. Karma.

He got his money back. I guess fighting over the money in court wasn't worth the aggro.
  • What were the offensive comments?
  • PL54 said:

What were the offensive comments?

"it's a different opinion to the bible and common decency, why should we be forced to accept something so disgusting!"

"I am just a normal guy, who hates the left wing telling us these homo/cross dressers are normal, they are not!"
  • The use of the word homo is probably a bit wrong but what is wrong with the first bit
  • There's more comments than the above.

He started telling another Charlton fan he was going to meet them at the ground and then they'll see what happens etc etc.
  • For clarification I'm reliably informed tha tCharlton didn't raise this with Kick it Out, Kick it out picked up on it themselves.
  • Uboat said:

WSS said:

Can I just add that, despite what you might think thanks to the well-reported ranting of bigots, that homophobia is not actually a Christian value.
    Thats the arguement in Jamaica ... however it is a Christian Fundamentalists view
  • Sponsored links:

• Uboat said:

WSS said:

Leviticus 20:13 "'If a man has sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They are to be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads."
  • CAFCTrev said:

Uboat said:

WSS said:

Leviticus 20:13 "'If a man has sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They are to be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads."
    Superseded by (amongst others) John 13:34.
  • I'm not gay and only have a few friends that are so I guess I could be excused for not knowing what LGBT is.

I've read the article on the web site and most of the comments on here. I have deduced that it is something to do with the gay community, but I can't help but think that it might have been useful if the club had explained what the LGBT community is!

KHA,

Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender.

Most major employers now have a LBGT group for its staff, and its becoming more common for other forms of community groups (sports clubs etc) to adopt one.
  • edited May 2015
    se9addick said:

CAFCTrev said:

Uboat said:

WSS said:

Superseded by (amongst others) John 13:34.
    what did john say at 25 to 2?
  • edited May 2015
    CAFCTrev said:

Uboat said:

WSS said:

Leviticus 19:27 says that you should never cut your hair or shave. Think every Christian on the planet has failed that one.
  • He said 'Christ what did I say that for?'
  • edited May 2015

No refund and banned from The Valley. Karma.

He got his money back. I guess fighting over the money in court wasn't worth the aggro.
    oh, Thanks HI. Just wishful thinking on my part.