Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Proud Valiants - Charlton's first LGBT Group

Comments

• I am in smash anything in me anything ain't you seen my woukd yas where when amd how many
  • Who designed the badge/logo? It's terrible.

Just saw it myself - truly WTF
  • No need for it in my opinion. Why make a group seperating yourselves from straight supporters? And then moan about wanting equality

tell me about the last time some one shouted abuse or threatened you because you were straight. I'm intrigued.
    Know them personally enough to know that they suffer with people shouting abuse at them do you mate? didn't think so. Stereotypes like that do groups like this no good.
    give me a gay person who's never suffered abuse because of their sexuality and i will give you a liar.
  • This is a rather good idea and it forwards the equality agenda, which I fully support.

I do have some concerns though. Why call the group 'proud valliants.' What are they proud of? You don't choose or achieve gay it's something you are born with. It's like me being proud of having two feet.

I daresay you don't have people belittling you, disrespecting you and in some cases physically attacking you just for having two feet.

If you did, let me know and we'll form a two-footed supporters association to show that we are proud having two feet.

Maybe we can even join to together with the LGBT community and make a duel organisation. We'll call it the Two-Footed Tackle.
    Hold on, dont get confused with my organisation The Two Foot Tackle.

No one else has met the qualification standards yet.
  • MrOneLung said:

This is a rather good idea and it forwards the equality agenda, which I fully support.

I do have some concerns though. Why call the group 'proud valliants.' What are they proud of? You don't choose or achieve gay it's something you are born with. It's like me being proud of having two feet.

I daresay you don't have people belittling you, disrespecting you and in some cases physically attacking you just for having two feet.

If you did, let me know and we'll form a two-footed supporters association to show that we are proud having two feet.

Maybe we can even join to together with the LGBT community and make a duel organisation. We'll call it the Two-Footed Tackle.

• MrOneLung said:

This is a rather good idea and it forwards the equality agenda, which I fully support.

I think the driver of this train might qualify (according to Palace fans):

• LGBT? Whats Britain's talent show got to do with Charlton?
  • Sponsored links:

• Doesn't look like greeky will be around next season.
  • WSS said:

Doesn't look like greeky will be around next season.

I'm not sure he understands all of the words he's included to try and make the email sound formal (how do you treat someone with "shocking mirth" ?)
  • edited May 2015
    Good riddance. Hope the club bars him for life then circulates his details to other football clubs to advise of someone banned from the club for homophobic abuse.
  • WSS said:

Good.
  • the rush to spew out any old article with 8 advertising links really is what local press is all about these days :-(
  • WSS said:

This guy needs medicating.
  • The grammar and punctuation in that email is absolutely shocking.

He should be banned from The Valley for life for that alone!!
  • Sponsored links:

• edited May 2015
    That letter reminds me of Chris Eubank. Trying to use big words that he has heard without the proper context or understanding.
  • What an absolute nutjob.
  • What an absolute nutjob.

He's certainly a sandwich short of a picnic, that's for sure.
  • Would be funny if Charlton refused his refund and at the same time pledged the value of his season ticket to the group.
  • I'm not gay and only have a few friends that are so I guess I could be excused for not knowing what LGBT is.

I've read the article on the web site and most of the comments on here. I have deduced that it is something to do with the gay community, but I can't help but think that it might have been useful if the club had explained what the LGBT community is!
  • Someone give the guy a refund.

I'm sure he won't be missed.
  • I would have called him a drama queen but he might take that the wrong way.

I think he would implode if you suggested he might take it the wrong way ;)